Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2005, 20:30
loolabell

Default Is there a map on this site with top 10 restaurants

We are off the PP on Saturday (5th time!) and have always had fab meals but wouldn't necessarily know the names of them.

As we are going for 2 weeks, I would love to try out some new ones and have listed loads down from this site but would have no idea on where they were.

Is there such a thing as a map which identifies the location of these, then I could print it off and take it with me?

PS. We are 2 adults (30's), 2 girls aged 7 and 5 and baby boy aged 1 (all restaurant trained! he hee)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2005, 20:31
Founder

Hi There,

for the restaurants that are actually featured on the main web site www.puertopollensa.com/restaurants_bars_cafes.html the majority of them have a link to a full page with a photos, sample menu & a location map at the bottom.

There is a map of the resort on www.puertopollensa.com/Maps.html which shows hotels but not restaurants but it doesn't yet show the new bypass (but there are no restaurants on that!) so you could print that & mark it with your favourites.

Am not aware of anything else.
Old 03-08-2005, 23:27
PennyWhite

You could go on a stroll of exploration and check out menus, start up the far end of the Pine Walk at the Illa dOr (the white tallish building in the trees), head back along the pine walk pausing at Los Pescadores, continue along the front where there are so many they all merge together and I got them all mixed up.... look at Stay which is actually in the Marina on the jetty, continue out the Alcudia road and look for the turning where it is signed, to A Punt. That would cover some of the main ones in my book! You need a car for Ca'n Guarassa, out on the Alcudia Road, and Balaixa on the road to Palma, well signposted - going out of PP there is a little display of a dome thing for covering a plate beforehand which is a warning, but it is very well sign posted.
Back in town on the first road back from the beach, Formentor Road, you would find Tango and Neptune tapas bar, and then head further in and it would be hard to miss the main square with lots of cafes and bars and places that gets lively in the evening.
you will not go hungry!
Old 04-08-2005, 01:25

Default Map--Top 10 restaurants

Try and get hold of the magazine A4 size "Holiday in Puerto Pollensa 2005" which has lots of local info and adverts for restaurants and maps showing where many are.

This is free and you can get it in the tourist office which I believe has moved up the back to beside the Police Station???
Old 04-08-2005, 03:07
Founder

Default Re: Map--Top 10 restaurants

The tourist office is now in its new home on the front by the taxi rank/bus station at the Marina.
Old 04-08-2005, 07:12
loolabell

thanks to all who replied - I have printed the restaurant forum out and highlighted a few of those mentioned - I'm almost excited now.

Will definitley get the magazine tho' as not good with the road names etc

thanks again
Old 04-08-2005, 07:53
robjay

loolabell, Have a nice holiday. We are hoping to be out in PP on the 17th if we see someone with a map wondering we'll point you in the right direction :rollin .
Enjoy your holiday and welcome to the forum. Why not pop into the chatroom before you go, there you'll find a warm welcome and live information , not to mention a good laugh.

Rob
Old 04-08-2005, 20:14
Marsha

Hi Rob

It might not be Loolabell wandering round with the map, it could be me! We're off to Puerto Pollensa for the first time on the 20th August. Very grateful for the site, it's providing me with lots of information on where to eat and I'm building up quite a list of "must tries"!

If I think of any questions that I can't find the answer to, I'll try to post them in the appropriate forum.
Old 04-08-2005, 20:51
Founder

& as you're arriving the same day as Jane & myself, do say hello at the get-together - see p221.ezboard.com/fpollensaforumfrm1.showMessage?topicID=16.topic

webmaster
Old 04-08-2005, 21:31

Hi loolabell and Marsha!

Can I be the lone voice on here for the restaurants of Pollensa old town?

I know it's a bit of a journey but the place is gorgeous and has some fantastic restaurants as well, most of which are near to the main church square.

Have a look on the menu to the left to find their adverts and maps.

Marsha - as Pollensa says we arrive on the 20th too and it would be great to see you at the get-together. You can get the info you need direct then!

Looloabell - so great to chat with you last night and hope our drivel didn't put you off!

Rob - your fame has spread - shame you couldn't join us in there last night but knew you were at work.

Regards
Jane
Old 05-08-2005, 00:11
PennyWhite

We were very sorry not to have eaten at the two restaurants we particularly wanted to get into in Pollensa, Troncador and um the other one just below the church, can't remember its name, it does have a roof terrace.
Menus looked great, places looked great, just can't say how it tasted as they were fully booked!
So do add them to the map, lots of taxis around if one doesn't fancy driving...
Old 05-08-2005, 00:29
Founder

When you say Trencadora was booked - was that because you turned up on spec or did you try to book in advance? How much notice do they need, do you know?

Thanks.
Old 05-08-2005, 00:36

The restaurants in Pollensa are fantastic but some are not really suitable for young children. You would also need to book most of them in August. We made the mistake of not booking when four of us went to Trencadora in June and it was packed so had to go elsewhere. This was a shame as I had raved about it to my daughter and friends and they were really looking forward to it.

It is however really worth going in to Pollensa for an early evening drink in the square where there are always lots of young families, and the kids can let off steam, or to one of the many bars/ restaurants near the Calvari steps.

Loolabell ,I'm sure you will be spoilt for choice for restaurants in the Port but if you can hire a babysitter the old town is beautiful for a romantic dinner.

Hope you have a wonderful time

Debs
Old 05-08-2005, 00:45

Hi Pollensa

Trencadora could have booked us in the following evening. We tend to book all restaurants in Pollensa and the very popular ones in PP the day before. If you eat quite early there is probably no need but we tend to go out late, sometimes not til 10, by which time most places are heaving.

Regards

Debs
Old 05-08-2005, 00:47
Pinewalkpaddy

Debz,could you tell me the ones in pp that you need to book please