Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2005, 01:00

Default Anyone been to Ca'n Costa recently?

Has anyone been to Ca'n Costa recently??

We went in May and had a wonderful meal but they were very quiet.

Would be interested to see if they are any busier or if the food is still the same high standard we enjoyed back in May.

With the talk of restaurants being full in Pollensa would be interested to know if they are busy too.

They do have a couple of tables outside so may risk a visit when we are out soon.

Thanks in advance for any info!
Jane
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2005, 01:01
Lady Pollenca

Hi Jane Yes I've been to Can Costa twice over the last couple of weeks. The first visit was very good, food excellent and a great ambience everyone enjoyed it and we didn't need to book. We then returned the following week and again the food was great but service not as on the ball but possibly because quite a large party of people came in, starting to get busier but again didn't have to book, now Aug I would say better to be safe and book, have a great holiday.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:15

Hi Jane

Went to C'an Costa in July after we tried to get in to Trencadora which was full. I think you will be ok not to
book as its a very big restaurant and also most people prefer to eat outdoors in the summer. I love going into the cool ac and away from itchy bity things sometimes!

The service was still fantastic...do you know Alex the french waiter there? He is a really nice guy, very helpful and explains all the dishes.

The food was still very good although the menu hadn't changed at all since the last few visits, which was a bit disappointing.

Have you seen the new owner ?!..the lady who is often perched at the bar. Any comments?? Her son is the chef. Saw them in Caprabo ,before we knew who they were ,buying loads of candles. The next evening when we went to the restaurant there they all were..loads of them. I love the new Goth look - very atmospheric!
Old 06-08-2005, 01:26

Hi Lady P and Debs!

Thank you for your replies.

Glad to see the place is still doing well and we might have to give it a try when we go out. Would be a shame not to, as no visit to Mallorca is complete without a meal at Ca'n Costa.

I remember the lady owner well - Cynthia I think her name is. If you look at my previous review of Ca'n Costa I described how she sat at an adjacent table and started chatting to us and then introduced her son who is the chef. When we first came in and we were sitting studying the menu she was perched at the bar and for one moment I thought it was the lady who seemed to be in charge of Cantonet which is just around the corner!

Alex I am not sure about - there was a young waiter who looked a bit like John Travolta who was excellent. He took the time to explain about the wine and then gave hubby a description of his cheeses. Is it the same one?

And as for the decor - I loved it! Yes candles everywhere and lots of crimson throws over the cream sofas.

Oh I wish I were there now!
Jane:\
Old 06-08-2005, 01:36
Lady Pollenca

Hi Debz can you explain where Trencadora is from Ca'n Costa as keep promising to go but haven't made it yet. Thanks
Old 06-08-2005, 03:27

Yes Jane Alex is a younger smaller John Travolta! My daughter was very taken with him, and I think we will definitely be returning, as much for him as the food (in her case!) He has got gorgeous eyes!!

Lady P
Trencadora! If you are in the square and the church is in the left hand corner, walk down past Cafe Espanol and Restaurant L'Abaurada. Trencadora is a few 100 feet down this road on the left. You may think it's in the back of beyond but when you get there you will see what all the forumites are raving about

Debs
Old 06-08-2005, 03:59
Lady Pollenca

Thanks Debz, hopefully we will now find it, how do you reckon it compares to the rest of the restaurants ie. Can Costa etc?
Old 06-08-2005, 18:01

Hello Lady P,

At the risk of going off-topic here, Trencadora is on a par with the best restaurants in Pollensa.

There really is not much to choose between Trencadora and the others we enjoy so much such as Ca'n Costa, Clivia and Cantonet.

Each of them offer delicious, beautifully presented food in lovely surroundings.

What more could you want?
Jane
Old 07-08-2005, 17:26

Lady P

Ditto Jane.. they all are fantastic restaurants, different in their own way and impossible to say any one in particular better than the other.

Try them all and see if you can pick a favourite !

Debs
Old 07-08-2005, 17:30
Lady Pollenca

Thanks Jane, sounds good to me. I know I'm going off topic but is Clivia air conditioned?