Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-07-2005, 20:40
Senor Ken

Default Late Night Licensing

It seems as if the rules for some premises are different to others, on the front all music is stopped at midnight it used to be the same in the square, however over the last couple of years the Irish bars seem able to do what they want bringing the overall tone of PP down I hope this is not a trend which will be followed
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2005, 06:57
Senor Ken

Default licensing

Jane, Mallorca boy and friends I can only assume that you are all in Mulligans and Murphys singing your heads off after poor wine recommendations from Jane
Old 01-08-2005, 07:01

Default Re: licensing

Hang on!!!

How did I get dragged into this one!!!

Poor recommendations of wine?? Never!

Can honestly say I've never been in Mulligans or Murphy's when in PP!

But never say never!

Jane
Old 01-08-2005, 07:12
Senor Ken

Default licensing

Sorry Jane!

Had to get the conversation going somehow?
Old 01-08-2005, 21:26

Default Re Licensing

I think there is a local bye law which prohibits outdoor music after 12 a.m. That's why all the entertainment and music in the hotels/front/ square comes to a close then. What goes on behind technically "closed doors" like Mulligans/ O' Hara's ( Where's Murphys, do we have a third genuine Paddy's bar now ????) is not subjected to this.

Once had a roof party but we had to turn off the music at 12 and go into deep meaningful conversations "Sotto Voce", well as meaningful as you could after drinking Jane's excellent recommendations all night !!!!!!. If I can recall ,Jane, we had Sangria made to to a very strange recipe. Cue to Cream playing "Strangebrew " !!!!

One guest didn't emerge from his home again until two days later, one gentle lady was nearly arrested for trying to get into a neighbours flat ................................

Do you have any safe Sangria recipes, Jane?

BonysLad
Old 02-08-2005, 04:19
Senor Ken

Default Strange Brew

Thanks for the clarification Its good to know that I have inadverantly opened up a new "Irish Bar" I think my mental state when passing the above mentioned watering hole was less than perfect. Unfortunately not as a result of "Strange Brew" I know "I needed a little help from my friends" and felt like i was "walking on the moon" must have been another one of Jane,s recommendations
Old 02-08-2005, 23:23

Default Re: Re Licensing

Hi Bonyslad and Senor Ken!

This message gets stranger and stranger by the day, but hey!! There's a lot of strange things going on in the forum at the moment!

Perhaps it's the time of year!

Bonyslad - I have a great recipe for Sangria - just have a look under the Wine section and you will find it along with some others under "Summertime and the Drinking is Easy!"

I hope you enjoy!

And Senor Ken - which of my wine recomendations have you tried out? I would love to know!

Perhaps you could post under the Wine section.

Regards
Jane
Old 03-08-2005, 00:17

Default Re Licensing

Hi Jane,

Hope we don't get locked out like we were on "Stay" for straying off track.

Just to publically state that the Sangria Brew we drank wasn't your recommendation in case you're confused but some concoction mixed by some crazy wannabe cocktail bar folk with equal measures of red wine , white coloured spirits and brandy and then decorated with fruit.

Have you ever seen fruit disintegrate before your eyes first turning black, then to carbon and then disappear into nanomaterial? Well that was it.

This stuff should only be made under License with the fire brigade standing by (see Pollensa, I am on track)

The sensible folk amongst us stayed on wine ( including some of your recommendations).

Thanks for the tip on Sangria , We'll stick with that in future.

BonysLad:eek :eek
Old 03-08-2005, 01:24

Default Re: Re Licensing

Hi Bonyslad!

Thanks for making me laugh! I'll steer well clear of your brew thank you very much!

As for licensing laws, I have never been out in PP that late at night so I couldn't comment! |I

Maybe something I should check out in a few weeks!

Regards
Jane
Old 05-08-2005, 06:51
Senor Ken

Default Late nights out in PP

Jane,

Now that your kids are getting that bit older its time you tried the night life of PP They seem to accept children at Chivas just after kindergarden so no problem, youll love the music and the kids will appreciate the simulated bouncy castle also known as the floor. The clientel are quiet and somewhat sombre as the only beverage on sale is coke. No problems getting the kids a good nights sleep as they will bomb on the beach at 7 am when the youth club closes

It will give You and your Hubby a look at what life will be like when the children are 12-13

Senor Ken
Old 05-08-2005, 16:48

Default Re: Late nights out in PP

Hi Senor Ken!

I think I may have to pass on this one!

My nightclub days are well over thank goodness and it's not a part of my life I remember with much affection!

I remember one particularly horrible place in Watford callled "Paradise Lost" and at the time I wish it had been!

I'll just settle for a good long dinner with family and friends for entertainment!

Regards
Jane
Old 11-08-2005, 04:31
Senor Ken

Default Re: Late nights out in PP

Paradise Lost! You must have met a Geordie.

Senor Ken