Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree13Likes
  • 4 Post By Sunshinedrive
  • 2 Post By snowy2007
  • 1 Post By Rosie34
  • 6 Post By its cd

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 07:29

Default Our week in Puerto Pollensa 26thSept-2ndNov

Sorry this more vague as the week went on.
Hi all.
This is a little piece on where I/we ate during our stay last week.
First night we stayed in as the wife and kids were tired from the early start so I bobbed down to la cabana as it was only 5 doors from where we were staying. I had warmed goats cheese brochetta with camaralised onion to start. Then I had chick pea casserole, meatballs, patatas bravas with mustard and chicken paella. It was all very delicious and the service was quality!
Day 2 the Sunday we ate at Capri bar for lunch very nice but just not much choice. Love this place for an afternoon drink on the jetty while the kids play on the beach. Was wierd to see capris jetty when it closed on Tuesday. That evening we went out to sinbad. Was ok, good service but my wife being a veggie struggled. When they advertise vegetarian paella they don't say it's for 2 people. Anyway I obliged and it was very nice.
On the Monday we decided to take the kids out for tea as they had a good nap during the day. We wanted to go to IRU but found it was closed! Really gutted about this as their food was to die for when we came in march. We also remembered Don Corolne (I think that's how it's spelt!) the daughter gave my boy a little Barcelona football in march this year so we decided to go there. Can't remember what I are now but I know the service was great as always with the father and daughter serving us intently. The daughter is pregnant to and due in January so not sure how this will affect them next season.
Tuesday was an interesting day as it was the day of the storm. We ate as brisa's- the one that's been established since 1943! We sat inside as it was very windy. Again the service and food was extremely good, the only problem was they never returned our change when we paid and my wife 'hates' this presumption of a tip! We tip well but not 15 euros! Hense to say because of this we didn't return when we defiantly would have! A shame!
This is hard remembering where we ate now. We had a meal at eolo's opposite cafe 1919 one day. I had the 'devils pizza, which was great and again we went in march and my daughter (6) remembered the pizzas!
Friday we had afternoon food a cappuccino on the beach! What excellent service even though they were so busy because of the bank holiday! I had the burger and chips and low and behold you got two burgers! Very good and would return next year!
One night my wife wasn't feeling too good so I got a chimes takeaway from Luna de miel! I had spring rolls to start, then chicken in hot sauce. Gotta say this was a surprise as the service was great and the food was hot and plentiful also Was treated to beer while waiting. The views people had when eating in are wonderful of the harbour.
Cafe 1919 was good as always for a drink in the afternoon while the kids play on the front.
To sum up my favourite place was la cabana, and will definatly have to bob up to Newcastle and visit their restaurant there.
The brisa's reaturant was excellent, especially during the storm, shame about the 'tip' error!!
We didn't really have any bad food, bad service, and would return to any of the above mentioned restaurants.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2013, 08:40

Our week in Puerto Pollensa 26thSept-2ndNov

Can I book this WEEK next year sounds good 7 days plus ??!!.
Rosie34 and ragdollabbi like this.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:13
Super Moderator

Lovely trip report Sunshinedrive, thank you for taking the time to post .
Old 03-11-2013, 10:23

I enjoyed reading about your 'long' () week in PP! Must remember to try La Cabana and Don Corleone next year. And I agree about 1919 - I am not a coffee lover but do like a good capuccino - and 1919 is still my favourite capuccino place! I am sure that the 'tip' was a genuine mistake in Brisas but sometimes it can be embarrassing having to tell them
animagic21 likes this.

Last edited by Rosie34; 03-11-2013 at 10:25.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:59

Great report ..... We were also in PP early last week and experienced the unbelievable weather followed by Tuesday's storm

Re the Tip ...... Always remember you are the customer, there is nothing wrong with politely requesting your change ..... If they have made a genuine mistake, they will not mind and I am sure they would prefer you to say something than you leaving with a bad taste in your mouth. If they are actually trying it on, then they deserve to be embarrassed.
debz1, jiggggy, Belladonna and 3 others like this.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:04
Super Moderator

I agree with It's CD re the tip, we should always give them the opportunity to rectify mistakes, if we don't speak up at the time they can't and I am sure in this case it was probably a genuine error .
Old 03-11-2013, 11:37

Glad you enjoyed La Cabana it's one of our favourites, luckily we live in Newcastle
Well worth a visit to the one there.