Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree14Likes
  • 4 Post By jiggggy
  • 1 Post By cumberland8
  • 4 Post By jiggggy
  • 3 Post By jiggggy
  • 1 Post By snowy2007
  • 1 Post By Sparky

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-10-2013, 23:22

Default Trip report. (Yes, another one)

We returned from paradise on Saturday morning after a fantastic holiday. Well, after a very bad start. But more about that in another thread.
We arrived in PP at about 9:30 pm, but by the time we sorted the apt out with the agent it was after 10pm. So, we ventured down towards the front near the Daina to look for some tapas. I was a bit surprised to find out nearly all the restauants werent serving food cos it was after 10! Luckily, a very helpful waitress from one one the tapas bar ( l'amirant i think) suggested we tried Ambrose, just around the corner. And what a great find it was.
3 tapas and 2 glasses of wine for 12 euros! Fantastic value.
We had garlic mushrooms, breaded prawns with dip and a kind of large cheese and ham bruschetta, 2 very large ones! All 3 were absolutely delicious.
The 2 hippie Spanish waiters were very friendly and efficient too. Even give us 2 free orange/banana liquors on the house. We left very happy and ventured to our fav bar, Bonys! To be greeted by Jose and more vinho and a free small bottle of wine .
"2 glasses of wine" we asked for, to which Jose returned with 3 small bottles.
"Ask no questions" he told us Typical of him.

Day 2 to be revealed tomorrow
Mark, Sparky, Rosie34 and 1 others like this.

Last edited by jiggggy; 29-10-2013 at 23:06.
Sponsored Links
Old 27-10-2013, 23:27

One might say an enticing appetiser ,keep it up Catain jiggsoo
jiggggy likes this.
Old 29-10-2013, 14:59

Day 2. After a day at the beach just past the marina, we decided to watch the sun go down near Stay then have a pizza in Little Italy. Quarto stagioni for me and a vegi one for the mrs, preceded by alilo with bread and delicious olives (where do they get them from??) and the tomato brushetta. Beautiful. And i can honestly say it was the best pizza ive had in a long time, with me being a pizza expert thats some award. All washed down with a bottle of red vino.
The service was good but ive always found the staff very cool here. The owner was busy chatting up a blonde at one point. Her hubby didnt seem to mind tho, he mustve had the same pizza as me .
The bill? 55euros! Bargain for such tasty food, and fantastic location of course.
More vino at Bonys followed.
Old 31-10-2013, 15:51

Day 3. Tonight we decided to have some more tapas, after lunch in the Daina snack bar in the pool we werent very hungry. We ended up in L'illa cafe on the front. Especially after noticing there special offer of 6 tapas and a bottle of vino for 34euros! I remember i had homemade meatballs, garlic mushrooms (again) and deep fried camembert. All very nice, and even the bottle of house wine was lovely. There are better tapas bars in the port but for 34euros it was great!
A lovely setting here too, with views of the med but good for people watching too. Worth a visit.

Day 4. (Since i'm behind )
And Tiberi. A family favourite of ours and even tho it was only the 2 of us this year we thought we'd give it another go.
Deep fried vegatables for my starters, these were huge and enough for the 2 of us really but they were delicious. I managed to get half the bowl down me . And for my mains i had the lamp chops. 6 of them! Agian very nice.
2 starters and a bottle of red vino (of course) was about 50euros (i think)
The service was great and the atmosphere was as always chilled. It was strange that whilst Tiberi was packed, the restaurant across the road (Nicos) was nearly empty! Could it be something to do with the waiters in Tiberi welcoming everyone as they passed? Or the lovely candlelite setting of the tables and restaurant? But whilst we were there, Mrs Jiggy got a bit of a shock from the Scream mask in Nicos dark doorway. Laugh, i nearly spat my vino out! But that wouldve been a waste.

Day 5.(i'm on a roll) And we saved the best til last. Of course it had the be Stay. We booked an outside table for 7:30, just in time to see the sun go down over the mountains (see, i can do romance too!) The manager and staff here are sooo professional they are a credit to the port. We both chose the vegi soup fro starters, and i ordered the duck breast for mains. And the wine? One of Janes recommendations, the Son Brodils Merlot (26€ but worth it. ). After about a 5 min wait the waitress came back with 2 small plates of what looked like fish on a bed of cold veg bruschetta. This was before our staters. Nice touch.
The food was,as expected, beautiful. And the wine even better. The setting fantastic, best in the port i think. And at the end, free schapps. This restaurant was the highlight of our holiday (agian). You just cant beat its overall package.
The bill came to 75€ which i thought was very good considering what we had.
Oh yeah, then Bonys .

So thats it. Our 5 day holiday in PP. Funny, it all started out with Mrs Jiggy wanting a weekend in Chester, then i found a 4 day break in Edinburgh for £400, then ended up with a 5 day stay in our beloved PP for onl £50 more! Bargain.
Roll on our next PP visit
sws97sdg, Sparky and Rosie34 like this.
Old 31-10-2013, 16:00
Super Moderator

Well you certainly packed a lot into your 5 days Jiggs, lovely trip report and thanks for sharing it with us .

P.S. Don't forget to vote for your top 5 .
Old 31-10-2013, 17:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Well you certainly packed a lot into your 5 days Jiggs, lovely trip report and thanks for sharing it with us .

P.S. Don't forget to vote for your top 5 .
Sparky wake up he did that days ago
jiggggy likes this.
Old 31-10-2013, 17:43

Haha. A bit of a senior moment from Sparky me thinks Snows
Old 31-10-2013, 19:07
Super Moderator

Ooops!!! sorry mate....and i haven't even had a drink yet .
jiggggy likes this.