Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Trip report. October 13 (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/10735-trip-report-october-13-a.html)

Watty 15-10-2013 08:44

Trip report. October 13

P. Pollenca October 11-14th

Friday lunch
La Cantina
We arrived in the port about 10.30 and straight out to get our fix. Walk around the marina and plan lunch? We ended up at the Cafe/restaurant at end of marina past Stay (if you can manage to walk past) by the marina office and next to the refuelling base.
Ordered bottle of house wine after promising the wife that no need to drink all but better value for money. Difficult to confirm this to Sue as she had spotted that I had no idea of costs involved for either!! Anyway dry white wine was good. As we were studying the menu the owner told us that the fish was very fresh and good. In particular the hake as it was only caught that morning so we settled on that.
While we were waiting we were given a couple of slices of bread with oil and tomatoes, very nice.
The hake, two small whole fish each, was served with salad and chips. Really good.
Finished with two coffees. Bill came to 42€ before tip. Good result as we had been caught before in a certain restaurant overlooking the beach when we had not been told of cost before we started!
Good start to our three day break, two lunches and three dinners to go! May have to have a nap as we have been up since 2.30am

Friday dinner
La Llonja,
I make no bones about it, this is our favourite and I'm open to discussion or rather friendly banter on this one.
We chose to eat from the menu of the week as he describes it.
To start we both had a huge vodka and tonic, wonderful. We were served with a hot roll with pur'ed black olives and garlic with tomatoe and olive oil to spread. We chose the white wine, included with the menu. The wine was lovely, I know my wine and here they never fail to impress me.
Sue started with caramelised pears with blue cheese in pastry served with lovely crunchy salad and I had courgettes filled with fish, seafood with shrimp sauce. OMG.
For the main course Sue had half a Tandoori spring chicken with apricot chutney and salad with rice. I had grilled swordfish with fresh veg and with a sauce. Fantastic!
Desert was the chefs special of vanilla mouse with chocolate sauce. This proved to be to much but really great all the same.
Coffee to follow was included and we were offered a liqueur on the house to follow. Not a local cheapo. I had an Amereto on ice and Sue had a Tia Maria, the real thing. Service was great. Greeted on arrival by patron and welcomed back.
Bill came to €72 before tip

Saturday
Dragged to Palma! We "needed" new bathroom mirror, bedside tables, wc needed servicing etc etc. I can see more work "needed" through the winter, still could be worse.
After our trip to the new Brico store and Leroy Merlin, it would appear that the apartment needs me to come for a week during the winter, best bring it on!

Saturday Dinner
C'an Pancho
We started with two vodka and tonics, that's one each if you please. We were invited to have bread olives and alioli, very nice.
We both had Frito Mallorqin to start, very good but could have done with a bit more fennel. Sue chose the prawns with salad for her main course and I had the sole served with salad and chips. We had a bottle of the Macia Batle dry white wine and a small bottle of still water. Very nice meal. The bill came to €72 before tip.
No desert, no coffee, no liqueurs, local or otherwise. Service was good and very friendly.

Sunday lunch
Port 31 on the front by Daina and Miramar. It look as though they own another tapas bar couple doors along as well.
We had been meaning to try this for a while. I had a small beer and Sue had a glass of white wine. We settled on the tapas for two at €16.80 pp
When it arrived it looked ok. The meal turned out to be very good and filling. Some of them I remember, hot chorizo sausage, spicy potatoes with a sauce, meat balls, deep fried squid in a tempura batter, tomatoe and mozzarella skewers, chicken breast skewers, piece of pork with lovely cheese and tomatoe sauce,deep fried cheese balls. All in all a lovely lunch. With a bottle of still water the bill came to €43 before tip. We will go again with family not only as it's good value but it is only yards from apartment and next to the beach.

Sunday dinner
We ate with friends at their house before returning to wet and windy home next day.

Ps materials ordered and flights booked for working week next Feb. Sue must have the apartment looking good for her visits next year:)

sws97sdg 15-10-2013 08:50

Great report Watty! I wonder if La Llonja get their vanilla mouse at the same place Tangos get their chocolate ones from, sorry in joke!! :)

Sparky 15-10-2013 12:38

I have moved the last few posts into a new thread here :- http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...736-brico.html :).