Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree7Likes
  • 7 Post By annieh

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2013, 20:00

Default Trip report Sept 21st to Oct 4th

Had a lovely 2 weeks in PP with beautiful hot (too hot on a few days!) weather and a very relaxing time. On our first night having arrived late afternoon, we went for a pre-meal drink at our favourite watering hole the Miramar, but decided we weren't so hungry after all and had several drinks instead, enjoying being back for 2 whole weeks
The following day was Sunday so it was the obligatory trip to the market in Pollensa with pastries and coffee at Il Giardino, very busy and very hot. That night we went to Guru, we had the salmon and prawn skewer and mushroom risotto, Wasabi pizza and stuffed chicken, followed by 2 desserts and a washed down with a bottle of Mortitx white. Great service and good food.
Can't really remember after that exactly what we did each day so will just mention the places we went to.....one day we drove round the bay to Malpas and went to a bar on the beach we've been to a few times before called Bar S'Illot, seems popular with walker and cyclists. Beautiful location, quite a simple place where we usually just have a drink, but had food this year. Nice. But expensive for what it was, salad and some tapas, and seems to me that they are taking advantage of the fact that they have a bit of a monopoly in that spot. But can't really blame them for that I guess.
Visited Alcudia old town another day, really lovely and can't believe we've been visiting PP for 15 years and been there before! Just had coffee and cake at a cafe whose name I forget but it used to be the cinema I believe, good coffee but cake a bit dry. You win some and lose some lovely old streets and laid-back atmosphere, really liked it there.
We had our usual trips to Puerto Soller and Valldemossa on other days, just enjoying wandering around, eating at Cappuccino in Valldemossa, and drinking beers and white wine, people-watching etc. Lovely. Puerto Soller is much improved I feel by the pedestrianisation on the front. Both places were still very busy given it was towards the end of the season.
One day my daughter and I had a day in Palma, we went by bus and I followed her around all the shops she wanted to go to and bought several items of clothing because 'it's not like in England!'. We then had lunch at Cappuccino (ok, I just had coffee and cake as I had to make up for the disappointment of my cake in Alcudia, it was more expensive but worth every euro for their gorgeous banoffee pie). Refreshed, we went to more shops then got the bus back to join my other half who for some reason didn't want to trundle round the shops in the heat. Strange man.
I must mention the worst meal of our holiday which was at El Casinet...a pepperoni pizza which had the grand total of 6 x 1" pieces of pepperoni on it. There must be a shortage of pepperoni on the island. I wasn't too hungry so we shared that, our daughter had lasagne which seemed to have no pasta in it and appeared to have been heated in the microwave as it was lukewarm in the middle. The maître d' and waiting staff are so pleasant and nice here that it seemed mean to complain, so we did our best and paid and left. Such a shame as it's a nice-looking place in a good spot but the food is not up to scratch in my opinion.
By contrast the pizzas at Little Italy were of their usual exceptional standard......perfect thin base, perfectly cooked and just to die for. We go here every time we visit PP, usually more than once avid is our favourite eateries after Stay, although can't really compare as they are so different obviously. My husband was happy to help them finish a large bottle of grappa that as almost empty, he ordered one glass and they left the bottle on the table and to his delight it contained another 2 glasses. He slept well that night after we found our way back to the apartment
As I've mentioned Stay I will expand....we had lunch here a couple of times, just choosing from the snack menu but this includes more than snacks, for example I had a Thai chicken curry and rice, delicious and as we ate late in the afternoon I didn't need an evening meal. On our last day we always have our final meal at Stay and this year was no exception.....fantastic service as always, it is unbelievably consistent. My daughter and I had MDD, which includes wine but as we'd already ordered a bottle of wine that was just offset against the cost of the house wine, no need to query it or remind them, it was just done. My daughter didn't like the dessert of the day so ordered something else....a sign of how good their service is, is that they obviously heard our discussion about this and when the desserts were served gave the MDD dessert to my husband instead and the alternative to her. We asked for coffee to come with the desserts as time was running out and we had to leave for the airport by a certain time.....this was noted and the bill was brought without needing to ask for it. Fantastic. I won't hear a word against that place, I love it!
Anyway that's it until next time.
debz1, jiggggy, sws97sdg and 4 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2013, 20:11

Sorry having retread that there are some annoying auto text corrections so hope people can guess what I was trying to say without me needing to correct it!
Old 12-10-2013, 20:45

Brilliant trip report annieh

I think you must be my clone as you seem to do all the same things as me and like everything I do! Agree on the dislike too with El Casinet, we have had two very mediocre meals there so won't bother again .. And you are right the pizzas do not compare with Little Italy

Love your description of shopping in Palma. I've too have one of those strange men who hates shopping. Weird!

The new look Puerto Soller is great and it makes me very concerned about the semi pedestrianisation that has got the go ahead in PP. Why semi? Defeats the purpose doesn't it Time will tell I guess

And I won't hear a word against Stay either. Service can be a bit frenetic at times but the staff always go out of their way to please and the food rarely disappoints.
Old 12-10-2013, 20:56
Super Moderator

Exellent trip report Annieh, thanks for posting .
Old 12-10-2013, 22:08

Thanks Debz, maybe we were separated at birth! Thank you Sparky, my husband thinks he might have seen you one day at the Miramar during the day? Maybe a Weds.