Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-03-2014, 13:25

Default Poor Meal = Last Visit.

Once I`ve partaken of nutrition which is below par in a restaurant I never go back, Is it just me? or do other folks react in the same way?Er Indoors reckons its just me & I`m a bit simple ,I`m the same with shops poor service I never go back.
Sponsored Links
Old 30-03-2014, 13:39

Everyone has an off day do I would always give a restaurant a second chance but if the second visit was as bad or worse than the first, probably would not waste precious holiday nights on it again. So many good places to go.
Old 30-03-2014, 14:24

Have to admit that once bitten twice shy is our motto One exception is Tolo's - we walked out of there a few years ago after waiting 20 minutes and not even been given a menu. But we went there last October and it was an excellent meal and service But there is just so much choice in PP that there is not much incentive to return to where you have a bad experience!
Old 30-03-2014, 16:50

I agree with Marilyn, everybody deserves a second chance.
Old 30-03-2014, 18:34

It would have to be really bad for me to decide never to try it again, I can only think of one occasion when that happened, however as we have the choice of so many good restaurants it maybe sometime before I got round to giving a restaurant a second chance.

PP76
Old 30-03-2014, 19:22
Super Moderator

I agree that any place can have an off day but it depends on how they handle the situation.
If i have had a bad meal i let them know (in a pleasant way) then if they attempt to correct the problem or at least offer some form of compensation like a reduction in the bill or free drinks etc then i would always give them a second chance.
There was only one occasion in PP when i had an inedible meal and the restaurant owner was very rude because i dared to complain, in fact she became very aggressive, flatly refused any kind of reduction as a goodwill gesture.......in this instance i vowed never to return and didn't.
Old 30-03-2014, 20:19

Even more frustrating is going somewhere and having a superb experience, only to return to have an awful one on another occasion.

Its odd, but you can usually get a feel soon after arriving if things are going to go wrong. We have over the years learn to trust our second sense and walk, before the evening gets wasted!

I would love to hazard a guess where your bad experience was Sparky! The mention of a female owner who is very rude and aggresive (and serves poor food) certainly rings a bell...
Old 30-03-2014, 20:24

If it's the Same owners/chef give them a second try then it's their loss if they're looking for repeat business and good tips
Old 30-03-2014, 20:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemallorca View Post
Even more frustrating is going somewhere and having a superb experience, only to return to have an awful one on another occasion.

Its odd, but you can usually get a feel soon after arriving if things are going to go wrong. We have over the years learn to trust our second sense and walk, before the evening gets wasted!

I would love to hazard a guess where your bad experience was Sparky! The mention of a female owner who is very rude and aggresive (and serves poor food) certainly rings a bell...
Yes I agree, you can get a 'feel' for a place and if I don't like the 'feel', I wouldn't go in. Hubby gets annoyed with me as he feels we should give places a try as you never know if it's good or not if you don't try. Makes sense I suppose.......but then if the 'feel' is not there, I'll never know

I would hazard a guess too and I think the answer would be the same
Old 30-03-2014, 20:41

only place we've walked out of twice is the tex mex on the square (not nico's) first time we went was shocking 20 mins wait to order a drink, had finished our drink and still no meal orders taken so just walked out unchallenged, but we returned to give it another go when mrs gers sister joined us one year with the albertz twins for an early dinner as they were still wee, walked out again after no drinks order taken after 15 mins or so and the wee one's were getting restless, never been back, not too impressed by the service at other places we have only visited once but they shall remain nameless for now as they are due a revisit to double check
Old 30-03-2014, 20:57

I was hyper critical of one other place one here a couple of years ago although never experienced the poor service myself, was reported to me by mrs gers good friend mrs celtic and our youngest bluebell whom had ventured in at the time, my post was removed as the owners were advertisers on here at the time and complained I think from memory (quite rightly as they were probably paying a fee to advertise)

Last edited by gers1873; 30-03-2014 at 21:00.
Old 30-03-2014, 23:37

Oh you poor sausage ( I couldn't resist that as your "tag" is Cumberland) .I'm assuming the port isn't overwhelmed by visitors yet, so what can possibly excuse poor service, so early in the year, what will the food and service be like when the port is busy ?

Last edited by varsp; 30-03-2014 at 23:41.
Old 30-03-2014, 23:45
Super Moderator

The experience i referred to was many years ago and the restaurant is now closed .
lollipop likes this.
Old 31-03-2014, 09:09

It would have to be really bad for me not to give it a second try if it was the service but if it was the food probably not a second try Im talking the whole food experience not just steak cooked wrongly

We also gave Tolos a second try after one very bad experience and enjoyed it It has such a wonderful situation and always packed We will prob go again this year but will chose our time as if there are large groups in there it doesent seem to cope well

We always give people a chance to correct a problem and if they dont we wont be back !
lollipop likes this.
Old 31-03-2014, 13:52

We gave brisa's another go yesterday after the whole 'change after paying debacle' last year. Food was extremely nice and service great. We made sure we had the right amount of money this time:-)