Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-07-2005, 05:24
bradders13

Default The Sparrow Restaurant

Hi folks !!

My husband and I spent 2 weeks in PP at the end of June. We promised ourselves that we would put an entry onto this website after having the best meals of our holiday at the Sparrow restaurant.

We had rented a flat at the Bellauba complex and the restaurant was only a 5 minute walk. It's very close to the Pollensa Park hotel in a side street. We read a previous entry on this forum that mentioned the chef had worked in Glasgow for 12 years and hailing from Glasgow ourselves we were curious & decided to give it a try.......however we didn't know where it was and only stumbled across it at the end of our first week. We went back 3 times & had some fabulous meals. The chef/owner had worked in some of the top restaurants in Glasgow and it showed........I personally had some of the best fish dishes I have ever tasted & the portions were enormous. The salmon pasta was fantastic!! We had to ask for smaller portions after our first visit and the plates still arrived loaded with food!! The prices are also very reasonable.

If you walk through the bar there is a very nice garden at the back & we spent some time sitting here & enjoying the atmosphere & good food. Alan the waiter (who also comes from Glasgow) and the lovely Maria Belle looked after us really well.

We can't recommend it highly enough & on our next visit it will be our first port of call. For those who aren't sure where it is then it's in the Gommar area in Calle Gorrio - number 12.

Please tell Pepe & Alan that they were recommended by Robin & Sheila (hopefully they'll remember us !!)
Sponsored Links
Old 16-07-2005, 08:00
Snowy

Thanks for your first post lets have some more Please
Old 16-07-2005, 08:15
pops

Bradders13

I was very interested to read your post. I have been eating at Sparrow for years while it was owned and run by Lawrence and Marga (brother and sister). Their mother did the cooking and the food was always wonderful.

Since they rented out the restauant this year I have been reluctant to try it as it wouldn't be the same.

However after your recommendation I may give it a go this August.

Thanks for that one.
Pops
Old 16-07-2005, 21:30

This restaurant cetainly sounds good. I think Portofan also recommends this restaurant or he knows people who like it.
It's only a couple of minutes from where we are staying next month so it's definately worth a try.

Thanks for the information Bradders13.

Also went to my opticians this morning and he said how much he had enjoyed several meals there, except he called it the Swallow!!, but it was the Sparrow he was refering to.
Also a recommendation was a restaurant Es Guix at Lluc near the monastery has its own fresh water swimming pool, anyone know anything about this one?.

Regards

Timberman
Old 16-07-2005, 23:21
pops

Timberman
Your apartment is literally behind it. so not far to walk.
pops
Old 31-08-2005, 02:48

You were right Pops opened the bedroom shutters and there was the Sparrow. A really good restaurant the food was excellent and the service by Alan the waiter was very good, he did a very good impression of running around all night as if he had a ferret down his trousers, couldn't do enough for you.
The seafood pasta was especially good and superb value for money and it wasn't far to roll back to the apartment.:lol

Timberman