Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-08-2005, 07:32
med777

Default kiosko virgin!!!!!

maybe its the time, or just my age...but this isnt ringing any bells...can we start at the begining...just for me...where/what is kiosko?...I have read and reread the thread...and it still isnt familiar
Sponsored Links
Old 31-08-2005, 07:41
Lady Pollenca

Default Re: kiosko virgin!!!!!

Goodness, not many virgins(sorry Kiosko virgins) kicking around these days! Probably otherwise known as the hamburger man who used to have his kiosk on the well known roundabout, now moved to the formentor road ie. one line back from the seafront on the opposite corner to the newsagents and at the back of Cafe 1919( I think thats what they call it). Well worth a visit!
Old 31-08-2005, 15:36
robjay

So it is a Burger bar just like Burger king but not on the front:eek ?

Rob
Old 01-09-2005, 06:46
Lady Pollenca

You've heard of King of the jungle, this is King of the burger!!
Old 01-09-2005, 18:37

Don't panic RobJay!
It's nothing like Burger King. Everything (burgers and hot dogs) are cooked fresh to order including the eggs if you have a cheese and egg burger!.
I know it sounds tacky to have a burger but honestly these are really nice and the guy and his wife are real characters.
The locals appear to love the place as well - which is always a good sign isn't it.
Go on...try one
Old 02-09-2005, 01:25

Default El Kiosko

Rob

The point about this place was that it had been a "Landmark" right at the front at the roundabout and it was loved by so many but perhaps not by all.

Last summer on here there had been great discussion as to what was going to happen to it.

Hence my post to start last October sitting in El Pozo and having a few diffs with the Spanish keyboard.

But no diffs with the beer and the atmosphere !!:lol :lol
Old 02-09-2005, 03:36
robjay

Default Re: El Kiosko

From day one I've read every posting about El Kiosko with interest, Only now finding out what they sold.
As we arrived in PP the other week I saw it for myself for the first time. Later as I passed by yes it was busy with locals and tourists alike, some eating what looked like homemade burgers and others some things wrapped in paper tubes.
I compared it to Burger King because they both sell burgers and remembered all the wringing of hands over the opening of BK on the front. Burgers are Burgers and not my cup of tea, but I understand and respect others wishes to eat them be it at El Kiosko, BK's or Cod Fathers. To each their own.

Rob
Old 02-09-2005, 17:24
Sara4

Phew - thought it was just me Rob, that is why I have kept quiet on this one.

I never particularly minded the Kiosk when it was on the front but have to say that the smell was a bit much now it has moved on to the site of the old Madeline's bar. I never eat burgers in the UK, so wouldn't do on holiday.

With only 14 days a year in Mallorca (most years) I think that there are far more enjoyable places to eat than burger and chips from a takeaway! Sorry!

Like Rob say though - each to their own!
Old 03-09-2005, 08:22

Default El Kiosko

El Kiosko gone, Burger King next? Along with the arcade on the paseo.Get rid of these and a few of the less desirable establishments and return PP to what it should be, and always has been, the jewel in Mallorca's crown
Old 03-09-2005, 16:52
robjay

Whoops did I open that old can of worms again?:eek
Nothing like a balanced discussion to warm the room up .

Rob
Old 03-09-2005, 17:18

Rob!

Who is the worst here you or me?:lol

We have these cans of worms sitting on our shelves and sometimes one of us will open one then on other occasions think" no don't do it put it back" and lock the cupboard!

Must say I agree with paragraphs two, three, and four of Sara's post.
Hot dogs and burgers-- no--don't do them--anywhere!

As EL K has moved from where it was it is just a nonentity now in it's present siting!

Could we get BK and the Arcade moved halfway to Alcudia, a new project maybe??:rollin :rollin
Old 03-09-2005, 17:42
robjay

Portofan, I think we're both worst!, When you see that can and it says "Worms: Do Not Open!" isn't it the hardest thing ever to listen to that little tiny voice in your right ear that does say to you "no don't do it put it back and lock the cupboard!" when booming in your left ears the voices say "yes! Yes! open the tin!".:lol

I've just heard that Butlins or was it Pontins have bought a hotel along the pine walk near the naval base, The "el A Dior" or something that sounds like that you know me with names:\ . Well they got it at a bargin price so they don't plan to refurbish it and are not letting on the previous clients that it's now a holiday camp.

Well a certain businessman/ friend/life and soul of the party AKA Mr Chuckles tells me he plans to build a waterpark in the square, he's also bought Stay and has plans lodged to turn it into a Bingo Hall.

Watch this space for even more shocking news!!!

Rob
Old 05-09-2005, 03:34
griffo

I have put plans in for a Lap Dancing bar to replace Burger King!!! thoughts on that one???
Old 05-09-2005, 04:38
robjay

Do you need a dancer? I'm avaliable
Rob