Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-08-2005, 07:53
Rodney Balboa

Default Bars in PP

I have been doing a bit of research into PP (as I do with every resort that we wish to visit)

We had heard good reports about PP and so this was to be our next holiday destination. I was of the understanding that it was like a kind of Village by the Med.

I was talking to a work colleague yesterday who had stayed close to PP in recent years and he informed me that it was not as nice as it used to be.
He said it was full of tacky bars with names like 'Del Trotters' 'Nags Head' 'Rovers Return' an Irish Bar and a flippin Fish & Chip shop !!!!
He recommended a resort called Iletes near to Palma as it don't have any UK type pubs etc and he said it is what PP used to be. Now we are looking into this.

Does PP really have these UK type Pub Bars ?
Sponsored Links
Old 31-08-2005, 07:54
Lady Pollenca

Sorry to hear your colleagues reviews, yes the bars mentioned are in PP, haven't frequented these places myself but haven't found the need as PP has so many things to offer, great places to eat, lovely atmosphere, beaches, market days etc, why not try it out for yourself and let us know what you think?
Old 31-08-2005, 10:27
Rodney Balboa

Have read that there is a Burger King on the Beach, tell me this has to be a joke.
Old 31-08-2005, 15:34
robjay

Rodney, Re the Burger king Joke.
Yes it is a joke! it's just that burger King don't realise it!opening a place on the seafront in PP may prove to be a very expensive joke, we'll wait and see.
PP is a really nice place and a million miles away from the jolly English seaside resort your being told it is.
When I die I'll know I've been sent to Hell when I see the WECOME TO BLACKPOOL sign!:eek .

let us know what you think.

Rob
Old 31-08-2005, 22:43
smiddy

Default PP bars

Rodney, You're friend's painting a wrong picture, yes, the bars in question are there but pretty well spread out over the resort. Personaly i like the football and these type of bars show all the important games from the U.K as well as other sports, Golf, Wimbledon,F1. So they cater for a lot of peoples needs without being obtrusive.
Old 01-09-2005, 03:06
PennyWhite

Default Re: PP bars

We went for the first time this summer and to be honest (I have put elsewhere) I found it bigger, busier and more British than expected. I did find myself in one of the Trotters Bars to ask directions, sometimes it is good to have somewhere you know will speak English! And my son found a very friendly welcome at the Cavern to watch sporting fixtures.... we also found the most fabulous restaurants, scenic views, great places to go out to, very convenient amenities close at hand and had a really good holiday.
Old 04-09-2005, 20:07
Founder

After reading this post we decided to have a look at Illetes on the way home as it is very close to Palma. True there are no 'British' bars but there aren't any Mallorcan ones either. We drove around (& up & down - very hilly) around Illetes several times & you cannot park anywhere. Our impression was that it is a smart mediterranean resort with several smart hotels, a few restaurants and a few shops. There are a couple of pretty beaches. It is very much a 'holiday resort' and could easily have been in Italy or the South of France or anywhere else in the Med. So it really depends what you are looking for.

It is NOTHING like what PP was years ago. Both Pollensa & its port are working Mallorcan towns with cental squares, markets, churches, fiestas, schools & shops & a community. In fact I sometimes feel that more could be done to make the cultural events events accessible by foreigners as a lot of information is published only in Catalan. There are some 'foreign' bars & restaurants including British, Chinese, Indian & others but the majority are Mallorcan. As mentioned above it really doesn't matter that there are a few Bitish places because there are so many others. They are not obtrusive. You don't have to frequent them if you don't want to.
Old 04-09-2005, 23:09
Rodney Balboa

OK ... you've convinced me to make P Pollenca the next resort we take our holiday.

Now, one more bit of advice from you if I may.
(If this is the wrong thread to post this item it may be duplicated elsewhere.)
We wanted to try a Villa or Apartment holiday and tailor the whole booking ourselves i.e Book our own flight via EasyJet or other low cost airline and book the Villa-Apartment with a private owner. Can you recommend a web site or sites (or even owners you would know) where owners show their property and you can deal direct.

Regards RB
Old 05-09-2005, 00:01
shad3925

Default Accomodation

Try this:

www.puertopollensa.com/Tr...anies.html

You can also book accomodation only with 'The Travel Club of Upminster' who have various apartments in PP,we are going to the Club Illa D'or for the second time in two weeks time,highly recommended.

Reg
Old 05-09-2005, 00:16
Founder

Default Re: Accomodation

Hi guys,

please only post re bars in PP on this thread. Please post on Accommodation in the accommodation forum,

Thanks,

webmaster
Old 06-09-2005, 01:07
Rodney Balboa

Default Re: Accomodation

Thanks Shad.

Moderator ... My fault for asking the question.
Give myself 100 lines!!!