Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-08-2013, 10:09

Default Days 2 & 3 of Simon & Jonny's holiday

Following on from my Day 1 report here here is the next instalment.

Because we didn't eat out on Day 2 I've combined Days 2 and 3 together.

On Day 2, Sunday, we had a lunch on the beach of ham filled baguettes (the baguettes were bought from Dolç Sa Pobla, the ham from Spar) and dinner on our balcony of omelette and chips made by me.

So on to Day 3, Monday, which was a lot more interesting!

We had a similar lunch as Day 2 but we ate out in the evening. We ate at Little Italy on the Pine Walk. This is possibly the most popular restaurant in PP and seems always to be fully booked. Luckily I booked a table by ringing them from home (their number is +34 971 866 749) and we got the best table in the house - right on the beach front.

Our table was booked for 7.30PM and I think we got the best table by getting there early, at about 7.20PM, before anyone else has arrived for the 7.30PM sitting.

The view from this table is probably one of the best you can get in PP.

We didn't have a starter and instead munched on the bread, olives and alioli which were very nice.

As we had pizza at Laroc I chose Spaghetti with mushrooms, sausage, crushed tomatoes and garlic. It was lovely.

Jonny went for a pizza, a margherita. He said it wasn't quite as nice a pizza base as Laroc but still very good.

We didn't have any puddings because we wanted ice cream from the hut again.

Bill came to very reasonable €25.55 which included 1 glass of wine and 1 still mineral water.

I have to say I didn't enjoy Little Italy as much as I did last year. This is because the service felt rushed. When we sat down we were asked for drinks and food at the same time and I had to tell the waiter after we'd ordered our drinks to give use 2 minutes. They only have 2 sittings - 7.30PM and 9PM - and last year we booked a table for 9PM. At 9PM they gave us more time I think, although there was 7 of us dining last year rather than just the 2 of us this year, so that may also have been a factor.

Anyway, it is probably worth booking a table for 9PM rather than 7.30PM.

Another reason was that they brought out my food about 5 minutes before Jonny's pizza which wasn't good.
Sparky likes this.

Last edited by SimonButlerPhotography; 20-08-2013 at 10:13.
Sponsored Links
Old 20-08-2013, 10:10

After our ice creams we headed to the Music Bar to play some pool and table football. If you don't know the bar it is next door to Multi Hire (and 2 doors down from our apartment).

We went there last year on the Ruta and really liked it.

One glass of white wine and 1 still mineral water only cost a very reasonable €2.50 and the wine was really nice. Pool and table football cost €1 per game so it was a very cheap end to the night.

Jonny looking cool just before we left.

I can thoroughly recommend the Music Bar. It is just a shame it was very quiet, just us and a dad, his 2 kids and their grandpa so the atmosphere wasn't great. But that meant getting on the tables was easy.

There may not be a Day 4 report because we may eat in again today so look out for a combined Day 4 & 5 report in a couple of days!
pollensa, favie, debz1 and 3 others like this.
Old 20-08-2013, 10:49
Founder

Thanks again for a great report. I love the pool shots!

I do hope you're both going on the Tapas Route again this year - I'm sure this will give us some wonderful photos. If you fancy somewhere a bit different do check out La Celtika for their pancakes. We popped in after a few stops on the Ruta for desert! But they do savoury ones too and all sorts of other Breton & Galician specialties.
Old 20-08-2013, 11:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollensa View Post
Thanks again for a great report. I love the pool shots!

I do hope you're both going on the Tapas Route again this year - I'm sure this will give us some wonderful photos. If you fancy somewhere a bit different do check out La Celtika for their pancakes. We popped in after a few stops on the Ruta for desert! But they do savoury ones too and all sorts of other Breton & Galician specialties.
Thanks very much Zelda, that is a great idea. Yes, we plan to go on the Ruta again and as Jonny loves pancakes so we'll definitely pop in there.
Old 20-08-2013, 11:06

Just to clarify Zelda - is La Celtika part of the Ruta?
Old 20-08-2013, 11:19
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonButlerPhotography View Post
No they are not Simon, the list of bars is here :- http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...-route-25.html.
Old 20-08-2013, 11:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
No they are not Simon, the list of bars is here :- http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...-route-25.html.
Thanks, I didn't think so. May well go in there at the end of the route or for a full meal - I love crepes!
Sparky likes this.
Old 20-08-2013, 15:13
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonButlerPhotography View Post
Hi Simon,

as Sparky has said La Celtika is not part of the route - I just suggested it as a place you & Jonny may enjoy. If you look at our page Ruta del Tapeo - Tapas Route in Puerto Pollensa (Port de Pollenca), Majorca (Mallorca) you will find the current list along with the flyer & map to download. You can also pick up the flyer (it is quite small) at the Tourist Office & at some of the participants. Music Bar is one of them!

Last edited by pollensa; 20-08-2013 at 17:59.
Old 20-08-2013, 17:50

Interesting to hear that Little Italy have timed sittings at 7.30 and 9pm I did not realise this and when we tried to book for 8pm while we were there in July we were told 7.30pm. I just assumed it was a more suitable time for them to get the table occupied. I don't think I like the idea of timed sittings though
Old 20-08-2013, 18:47

ragdollabbi, I know what you mean about timed sittings..especially the early one....but I think it's probably necessary at Little Italy during the school holidays. It is so popular with families that they need a quick turnover time to stop people lingering too long. A lot of popular pubs and restaurants in the UK do the same. At the end of the day it's a business and the more bums on seats the better However I think they should make people aware that there are two sittings when they book and a least then you have the choice and, if booking the earlier sitting, know you have to be out by 9.

Out of season Little Italy is a lot more flexible on times
Old 20-08-2013, 19:28

debz, this is the first time we have been out in July for 2/3 years...always been October and we haven't experienced timed sittings in there before. I can understand why they do it but I agree with you that they should make people aware that they only have from 7.30 until 9pm to vacate their table. In saying that the speed at which you are served shouldn't cause a problem with that It was definitely the one place that we did feel hurried this year Hopefully in October things will be normal booking and we can relax a bit more although you don't always get the chance to be sitting outside
Old 21-08-2013, 12:47

Nothing worse than being 'ousted' from a restaurant especially when relaxing on holiday. BUT if those are the rules at busy times and one knows about it prior to sitting down and ordering, I suggest that it is (or has to be) acceptable. The exact same thing happens in many a restaurant here in the UK on a busy evening or weekend. Haven't tried L.I. myself over the years I've been to P.P. but I do realise it is very popular with many people and has been for many years..... so can't be too bad a place at all, can it!
Old 21-08-2013, 15:25

From a diner's point of view I agree that timed sittings are no bad thing during busy times - having experienced the frustration of waiting for a table myself in a busy restaurant and watching diners linger for hours over that last cup of coffee or liqueur, seemingly oblivious to my impatient frowns...
Old 21-08-2013, 16:35

Back on to the photos for a minute Simon. Now Jonny has a "tash", with those glasses and hat, and looking at the other photos with him at the snooker table, the title of that photo should definitely be "The Hustler"! Not to be confused with The Hustlers obviously!
Old 21-08-2013, 16:50

I agree that it is necessary and makes sense for LI to have sittings but they should be honest and upfront about it. I've only worked it out based on the times they had available for me to book a table there last year and this.

And it is obvious why because they probably have the best location and most child friendly food of all the restaurants in PP. So obviously pretty much all families want to eat there. Hence they are always fully booked.