Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree11Likes
  • 10 Post By Rondo
  • 1 Post By Rosie34

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-08-2013, 09:46

Default Trip report

Back from 7 nights at P.P. Weather was brilliant,as well as the food. Never had a single complaint this year as the service and food were all spot on. A couple of pleasant surprises this year as we re-visited two restaurants we thought we wouldn't return to again. Just shows,always give somewhere a second chance.
List of places visited.
Tues.30th July: Arrived early afternoon.Heard good reports about C'an Josep so thought we'd try for lunch. Burger and hand cut chips with salad,cheese and ham toastie and salad,Pint of San Miguel and bottled water 17.25 Euro. Lovely location,service and food excellent. A definite for dinner next year.

Tues.Dinner- Trio.
Always our 1st visit and as usual I start with the mussels(best I've tasted)
Starters- Bread,alioli and four crusty rolls. Mussels and mozzarella salad.
Mains- Beef medallions in pepper sauce,baked potato and salad. Sea bream,potatoes and veg.
Desserts- Strawberrys with ice cream and strawberrys in orange juice.
Bottle of Faustino Rioja and bottled water. 36.60 Euro. Great value.

Wed.Lunch- Walked over to Cala San Vicente and had lunch at Marinas on terrace overlooking Don Pedro.
Spanish omelette,salad and basket of crusty bread. Ham and cheese toastie,pint of Fosters,glass of Sangria and bottled water. 14.80 Euro.
This is our favourite stop off before return journey.

Wed.Dinner- Nicos. My personal favourite. The staff are exceptionally pleasant and the food flavours are amazing.
Starters- Chile con carne with nachos. Mixed salad.
Mains- Chicken breast in mushroom sauce,potatoes and chargrilled veg.(best flavoured veg. I've tasted). Salmon with wild rice.
Desserts- Lemon meringue pie and coffee.
2 glasses wine,1pint beer and bottled water. 39.25 Euro

Thurs.Lunch- Tolos. This is a restaurant we vowed not to visit again as a few years ago we had terrible service.Well,I'm glad we did. This time it was the Tolos I remember from the past when it was our daughters' favourite restaurant. Will try dinner next year.
I had a Romano pizza topped with salame,chorizo sausage and black peppers. Wife had mixed salad.
1 pint beer served in lovely fluted glass and bottled water. 20.75Euro.

Thurs.Dinner- Brisa Marina. Big change since we last visited. One restaurant we visit each year and it's only got better.
Starters- 2 mixed salads
Mains- Leg of lamb,chips and veg. John Dorre,potatoes and veg.
Desserts- 2 creme catalan. Always have this dessert(really tasty) 39.70 Euro.

Friday.Lunch- Went to Pollensa for festivities. Walked up steps ,then had lunch at restaurant at foot of steps.
Tropical pizza,Brownie with ice cream,2 pints beer,1glass rose and bottled water. 26.25 Euro

Friday Dinner- O'Lume. Another restaurant we tried again,after reading good reviews. A few years ago we visited old restaurant,before he moved.
The service and food were excellent but there was a total lack of atmosphere. We were the only customers in all night.
What a transformation. Lovely courtyard setting,soft music in the background,flowers all around and grapes hanging from above.
It was also quite busy and had a great atmosphere.This is definitely our choice for anniversary dinner next year.The owner and young lady
serving were very attentive and had a lovely manner. I had to persuade my wife to try again but it's now her favourite restaurant.
Starters- Smoked salmon canapes with bread.
Mains- Steak,roast potatoes and veg. Sea bass in martini sauce,potatoes and veg.
2 coffees,chocolates,2 glass wine and bottled water. Brandy and baileys. 42.50 Euro.

Sat.Lunch- Just had rolls and crisps,sitrting on hotel balcany. Fridge well stocked with Sangria and San Miguel.

Sat.Dinner- Stay. Anniversary night. Booked 3 days in advance but couldn't get waterside table.Still had great view.
Starters- Small creamy dish in a glass before starter served with toast and crusty bread. Squid and mackrel mallorcan style,sauted potatoes and rice.
Cannelloni.
Mains- Beef scaloppini,potatoes and veg. Hake in cream leek sauce,veg and rice.
Desserts- Cheesecake with ice cream,melon and berries.
Large carafe of water,bottle of wine,2 coffees with chocolates ,a brandy and a baileys. 69.80 Euro

Sunday Lunch- Walked over to C.S.V. again. Usual stop at Marinas before return journey.
Spanish omelette with salad and crusty bread,tuna sandwich with salad,pint of fosters,sangria and bottled water. 14.80 Euro.

Sunday Dinner- Celler La Parra. We always sit inside as the decor is lovely.The entrance is spectacular,like walking into a wine barrel.
Usually always had paella when daughters were with us. Thought we'd try something different this time. Surprisingly I've never tried tumbet before so
thought I'd give it a go. From now on this is my 1st choice for starter.
Starters- Tumbet(haven't tried anywhere else but this would be hard to beat) Asparagus salad,bread and olives.
Mains- Liver,Mallorcan style,chips and salad. Stuffed aubergines. Anyone who likes liver has to try this.It had the most delicious sauce.
The portion was massive so probably best not having a starter.
Bottle of house wine and bottled water. 34.60 Euro.

Mon. Lunch- Just had snack on balcony today.

Mon.Dinner- Nicos. Persuaded wife to return to my favourite restaurant for final evening.
Starters- Chile con carne with nachos. Mixed salad.
Mains- Beef with pepper sauce,potatoes and the delicious chargrilled veg. Barbequed ribs,chips and veg.
Desserts- Lemon meringue pie and coffee.
2 glasses wine,1 pint beer,bottled water and complimentary pina colada. 39.25 Euro.

So now we're back home looking out at the rain and dreaming of next year's holiday. Planning for 10 days next time.
pollensa, debz1, sws97sdg and 7 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 18-08-2013, 10:11

I really enjoyed your concise and clear eating out report It's interesting how you can change your opinion when you give somewhere a second chance. We once walked out of Tolos as we had waited 20 minutes without even a drink - but may try again on your recommendation. And totally agree on Trio - never fails in either quality, price or friendliness - seems like the same staff have been there forever! And will try Marinas in CSV definitely - I think we have had morning coffee there a couple of times but will try lunch in October - we are there for 3 weeks so will have plenty of time to try lots of places. Getting a bit giddy now
Belladonna likes this.
Old 18-08-2013, 12:18
Super Moderator

Lovely trip report Rondo, thanks for posting .
Old 18-08-2013, 15:50

Default Rondo....

Good report - just interested in cost of meal in O'Lume - was that a menu de dia? I've never ate in there before and looking at what you had on the A la carte menu - and the cost of the food was more than your total bill without drinks....
Old 18-08-2013, 16:43

Basically,we only paid for 2 main courses,2 coffees,2 glass of wine and water.
Canapes,bread,brandy and baileys were complimentary which was a lovely touch. Steak was large even though classed as small portion.As we're not really big eaters it was more than enough. Hopefully next year we'll skip lunch
and try 3 courses for our anniversarry dinner. Also price didn't include tip which they thoroughly deserved.
Old 18-08-2013, 17:11

Thanks Rondo....
Old 19-08-2013, 13:28

Great post, Rondo. Completely agree about the atmosphere in Cellar La Parra but just didn't get round to it this year.

Another positive post for Tolos.