Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree25Likes
  • 12 Post By SimonButlerPhotography
  • 1 Post By favie
  • 1 Post By animagic21
  • 1 Post By debz1
  • 1 Post By Keswick1uk
  • 7 Post By SimonButlerPhotography
  • 1 Post By favie
  • 1 Post By Sparky

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-08-2013, 21:50

Default Day 1 of Simon & Jonny's holiday

Thought I'd try and do an update each day while we are here, might not manage it every day but thought I'd give it a go. I'm also going to try to photograph as much of the food as possible.

So this is the day 1 trip report from Jonny (aged 12) and Simon (aged 41).

Arrived in PP at 1.30PM today after a slightly delayed flight, delayed baggage and delayed Resort Hoppa transfer.

But none of that mattered once we were in our home from home Dolç Sa Pobla. What was especially nice was that we were greeted like old friends by the lovely waitresses in the cafe who remembered us (it was especially nice that one of the waitresses noticed how much Jonny has grown in the last year). I am really ashamed that my Spanish is so poor that I can't tell them how much we love their cafe and also how much we love being served by them, they are just so friendly!

Jonny had a ham bocadillo and I had a sobrassada one. I can't believe in all the years I've been coming to PP I'd never had sobrassada before - it was delicious! I had a lovely freshly squeezed OJ and Jonny had a mineral water. We finished off with two pan au chocolates. Total bill €14. Sorry for the lack of photos but we were tired and hungry so the camera stayed in it's bag!

We had gone to the cafe because our apartment wasn't ready until 2PM. We are staying at the Iracema Apartment which we booked on here. The apartment is lovely but I will post a full review in the hotels and apartments section later.

Jonny insisted that our first evening meal had to be a pizza so I decided to try Laroc because I had read good things about it on here and on Trip Advisor. And I was pleased that we chose it because it was great.

We started off with garlic bread. This was very nice but appeared to be a baked baguette with garlic and oregano. I'd have preferred it if the bread was some of their pizza base instead but it was nice enough (Jonny loved it though).

Apologies, I had intended to take a photo of the whole starter but Jonny devoured it too quickly!

Next, came our fantastic pizzas - a pepperoni for him and a Lele for me (parma ham with rocket and parmesan). They were really delicious and every bit as nice as the Little Italy pizzas we ate last year.

We decided not to have a pud as we wanted to wander down the pine walk and head to the ice cream hut instead.

So the bill at Laroc came to €35.50 for the food above plus 2 x glasses of white wine for me and two bottles of water for him. Very reasonable I thought and, because it was easy to get a table, preferable to Little Italy.

Ice cream from the hut came to €4.70 and we ate them sat on the wall listening to the waves lapping onto the beach - bliss!

That ends day 1, look out for further updates during the week!
favie, debz1, sws97sdg and 9 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 17-08-2013, 22:02

I have been so looking forward to your report Simon and delighted we are hearing it day by day (when possible!) don't have to wait for your return! Not surprised the waitress noticed how grown up Jonny has got... and as handsome as ever.
We went to Dolc Sa Pobla in May after reading your reviews on it and enjoyed it very much. Glad you enjoyed Laroc, a favourite of ours.
Hope you and Jonny have a fab time, as always.
Old 18-08-2013, 08:31

Thanks favie, glad you liked my 1st report.
Old 18-08-2013, 10:03

I love reading your reports! It reminds me of when our youngest two boys were the same age as your son. They are 20 and 21 now and have just enjoyed a family holiday with us in PP again. Hope the time doesn't go so quickly for you!!!
Old 18-08-2013, 10:21

Have a great holiday Simon and Jonny. The waitress was right Jonny has grown up a lot!

Really looking forward to the next instalment
Old 18-08-2013, 10:41

Great trippie. Will miss some, as we are coming out in two days!

Last edited by Keswick1uk; 18-08-2013 at 11:59.
Old 18-08-2013, 11:51

Thanks all, glad you like my 1st instalment. Not sure if there will be a day 2 instalment as we are eating in tonight but there will be a day 3 one as we have a table booked at Little Italy on Monday evening.

In the meantime, and only because favie and debz are interested in how handsome and grown-up Jonny is now, here is a nice photo I took of him last night:

Disorderly, favie, its cd and 4 others like this.
Old 18-08-2013, 18:25

Well thank you Simon.....what a fantastic photo, grown-up and handsome indeed but still retaining that cuteness he has always had! Don't tell him I said that....he might not appreciate it at his age now!
Old 18-08-2013, 19:57
Super Moderator

Simon he looks like he will be using your razor and aftershave soon ....oh and then of course the girls will be lining up .