Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Centric - Market Square in PP (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/1052-centric-market-square-pp.html)

JH02JLH 06-09-2005 01:16

Centric - Market Square in PP

I always thought it pretty strange that the tables and chairs for this restaurant stretched around the front of a bank!

We ate here on Sunday night and it was very popular. We enjoyed a pre-dinner drink at Cafe L'Algar (more on that later) so we were able to grab one of the last tables as the square filled up.

Hubby and I both chose the suckling pig from the fairly standard menu which included some Mallorcan specialities and pizzas. We skipped starters as the bread and olives were more than enough and the wee ones chose off the children's menu in between playing in the square so we were able to relax and do our favourite thing - people-watching!

When the suckling pig arrived it was enormous! We were impressed with the food and the service was quick and efficient with the waiters rushing around making sure everyone was happy!

We didn't have desserts as we were both full and the bill came to 60 euros for the four of us which included drinks (no wine).

One thing I remember is a group of 9 Brits getting a bit heated as the waiters weren't quick enough in sorting them out two tables! One very glam lady who looked a bit like Lorraine Chase in the Campari advert kept me fascinated as she growled and scowled at her sons while her blonde friend looked most put out to be kept waiting. Endless fun!

A great place to take children as they can play safely in the square while the adults can relax!

Jane:D

jiggy 06-09-2005 03:15

Hi jane
We were there on sunday evening as well:eek , sitting by the bank, & no before you say it there wasnt 9 of us & wifey dosent look like lorraine chase, (althought i could be mistaken for her brother - chubby chase :rollin )

The 4 of us had the bread with mayo & olives, followed by pizzas & then pudding, washed down with a nice bottle of red wine. very nice, & even better at only 50 euros.

Talking of lookalikes, the kids thought one of the waiters (the chubby one with the blue shirt & dark hair, no not me) looked like Elvis :eek .Of course, i gave i quick rendition of 'suspicous minds' every time he appeared :eek :eek . You might have heard me :eek :rollin

jiggy

pollensa 06-09-2005 03:27

Re: Centric - Paella for One!

We ate there twice.

We had the menu for about 10 euros one lunch time - very good - & guess what Rob, we saw someone order a Paella for one! It came in its own little paella pan.

robjay 06-09-2005 03:45

We have spent many a happy hour watching the world and her mother go by. This includes a certain Gent in a PP T shirt!.
We've watched as they put the tables out for the night time meals. I've even stood amongst the tables to try and get a better angle on the church at sun down.
But never once thought of eating there. Sounds like we've missed out.
pollensa i'll try their mini dish one night that's if someone doesn't want to share again in tango lol.

Rob

JH02JLH 06-09-2005 04:38

Hi jiggy!

Your post had me ROFLMAO!!!!

But I think I was a week early for you!

What a shame as it would have been great to meet. I'm just waiting for the forum members to recognise themselves and give me a hard time!

Talk soon!
Jane:D

Sara4 06-09-2005 17:15

We ate here a few years ago and my mum was delighted as they had Crepes Suzette on the menu, which is just about the only sweet dessert that she eats. After the meal, we ordered Crepes only to be told that they were off the menu. We asked why and they said that they couldn't do them on that day because if they cooked them for us and other people saw us eating them, then they would all want them and they couldn't do that! Can somebody tell me if this makes any sense because it didn't to us! I thought that the point of serving good food was because others would see it being served, think it looks good and then want to eat there!

I think it has changed hands since then because it was a guy that I seemed to think worked at the Tango who took it over with his wife and the next year we saw him, he was driving a taxi!