Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree11Likes
  • 4 Post By sws97sdg
  • 1 Post By debz1
  • 3 Post By sws97sdg
  • 2 Post By sws97sdg
  • 1 Post By Tone

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2013, 13:32

Default Bellaverde

As you will know the restaurant side of Bella vista pension has been taken over this year by the Cantina2 people and is now called BellaVerde, it’s still vegan/vegetarian but as it was one of our favourite places anywhere we were worried whether it would be as good as before.
We walked past a few times at the start and it seemed to be closed but we called in and worked out that they open early until 11.30 for breakfast, mainly for the pension next door, then from 12.30 I think for a lunch menu and then the full menu in the evening.
We headed there on the tapas route to be guaranteed of having something veggie to have and we were not disappointed, it looks as good as ever with still the same vibe, and we recognised the waitress form Bar Numero Ocho form the town so you are in good hands. They had two dishes, a green cucumber gazpacho with a hint of chilli which was wonderful and a simple potato and onion dish which was also great.

DSCN3135 by sws97sdg, on Flickr

We headed back in the evening to try the full menu and the owner from the pension was there, we went over and said hello as we always do, we were greeted with a lovely smile, she looked very well, she is 94, and as Coloma helped her leave she said to everyone 'This is the boss' and everyone laughed and smiled.
There is so much to choose from on the menu and it all sounded so nice, I had the sharing platter of breads and dips and the wife had samosas and we had our usual Ca’n Vidalet Blanc de Negres which is divine to wash it down.
For mains I had the burger which was lovely and the wife had the noodle dish which she said was also great. As usual the music was in the background, lots of people mostly locals and the usual Boho laid back feel and great service made for a wonderful night.
I decided to have a pudding and went for the chef’s ice-cream special and so glad I did, when it arrived it was vanilla ice cream and when I started eating it I discovered it had flor de sal on the top which was strange at first but delicious, and then as I got to the bottom there was olive oil there and the mixture of the salt Ice-cream and olive oil was divine, in the words of Peter Kay, it was a ‘taste sensation’ sounds strange but one of the best deserts I have had.
We went back on the last day as well, we had a couple of hours to kill before heading back to the airport, it was the hottest day of the year so far and we slowly melted but still enjoyed a long lunch of trempo with quark (that’s a milk dish like yoghurt not the Harkwind song) with roasted rosemary potatoes.
So we needed of worried Bellaverde is in good hands and the food is as wonderful as ever, we can’t wait to go back in September.
pollensa, Mark, Doogz1874 and 1 others like this.

On island time!!

Last edited by sws97sdg; 07-08-2013 at 10:16. Reason: Age added!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2013, 20:06

This is interesting as Bellavista was always one of our top favourites, but when we tried Belleverde in June - the menu had completely changed and we couldnt see anything we fancied at all and explained this to the waitress (new to us) and left. I did email Coloma to ask about the changes, and the changes to the menue, who said that the reason they have handed over the restaurant side was because she was finding it too much in addition to caring for their 94 yo grandma. (Good to know she is still there) So maybe we will give it another go in October
Old 07-08-2013, 01:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws97sdg View Post
As you will know the restaurant side of Bella vista pension has been taken over this year by the Cantina2 people and is now called BellaVerde, it’s still vegan/vegetarian but as it was one of our favourite places anywhere we were worried whether it would be as good as before.
We walked past a few times at the start and it seemed to be closed but we called in and worked out that they open early until 11.30 for breakfast, mainly for the pension next door, then from 12.30 I think for a lunch menu and then the full menu in the evening.
We headed there on the tapas route to be guaranteed of having something veggie to have and we were not disappointed, it looks as good as ever with still the same vibe, and we recognised the waitress form Bar Numero Ocho form the town so you are in good hands. They had two dishes, a green cucumber gazpacho with a hint of chilli which was wonderful and a simple potato and onion dish which was also great.

DSCN3135 by sws97sdg, on Flickr

We headed back in the evening to try the full menu and the owner from the pension was there, we went over and said hello as we always do, we were greeted with a lovely smile, she looked very well despite her age.
There is so much to choose from on the menu and it all sounded so nice, I had the sharing platter of breads and dips and the wife had samosas and we had our usual Ca’n Vidalet Blanc de Negres which is divine to wash it down.
For mains I had the burger which was lovely and the wife had the noodle dish which she said was also great. As usual the music was in the background, lots of people mostly locals and the usual Boho laid back feel and great service made for a wonderful night.
I decided to have a pudding and went for the chef’s ice-cream special and so glad I did, when it arrived it was vanilla ice cream and when I started eating it I discovered it had flor de sal on the top which was strange at first but delicious, and then as I got to the bottom there was olive oil there and the mixture of the salt Ice-cream and olive oil was divine, in the words of Peter Kay, it was a ‘taste sensation’ sounds strange but one of the best deserts I have had.
We went back on the last day as well, we had a couple of hours to kill before heading back to the airport, it was the hottest day of the year so far and we slowly melted but still enjoyed a long lunch of trempo with quark (that’s a milk dish like yoghurt not the Harkwind song) with roasted rosemary potatoes.
So we needed of worried Bellaverde is in good hands and the food is as wonderful as ever, we can’t wait to go back in September.
Interesting review sws but I hope the owner doesn't read it! Not sure she would like you're back handed compliment
snowy2007 likes this.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:42

What do you mean debs?

On island time!!
Old 07-08-2013, 09:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws97sdg View Post
What do you mean debs?
About the owner looking very good...despite her age!
Old 07-08-2013, 10:12

Whats wrong with that, she is 94, I will change it though, the furthest thing from my mind was to cause any offense, I was clearly trying to express the reverence and high standing we have for this lady who at 94 must be one of the oldest locals in the port, especially one that still keeps an interest in her business!!
debz1, lollipop and varsp like this.

On island time!!
Old 07-08-2013, 10:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie34 View Post
This is interesting as Bellavista was always one of our top favourites, but when we tried Belleverde in June - the menu had completely changed and we couldnt see anything we fancied at all and explained this to the waitress (new to us) and left. I did email Coloma to ask about the changes, and the changes to the menue, who said that the reason they have handed over the restaurant side was because she was finding it too much in addition to caring for their 94 yo grandma. (Good to know she is still there) So maybe we will give it another go in October
Yes good to see her there, she still looks well and good to see her down in the garden, she always liked to keep her eye on everyone!!
Yes give it another try, we remarked on how much choice there was, and that we would have to go back, which we did, to try everything, can't wait until September!

On island time!!
Old 07-08-2013, 16:39

JOKE JOKE JOKE Why change it.
Old 13-03-2014, 15:09

They are reopening soon and have just been on DinetubeTV , link here, gives you a great idea what the place is like if you haven't been DineTube Mallorca - Bellaverde Restaurant - Port Pollensa - YouTube
Sparky and varsp like this.

On island time!!
Old 14-03-2014, 13:02

agree with you Rosie We visited last summer and found no pizza, ravioli or some of the other great dishes we remembered. Will they give they a second chance

sws97sdg likes this.
Old 14-03-2014, 13:05

Do give it another try Tone, I am sure you will love it, there was a transition period but when we went in September the food was as wonderful as before.

On island time!!
Old 30-08-2014, 15:15

Bellaverde back to closing on a Monday from the 1st September

On island time!!