Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree13Likes
  • 13 Post By scotslizzy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-08-2014, 18:20

Default Trip Report

Back a week now from our very brief but enjoyable 4day 3 night trip to see the grand-daughter and play sandcastles on the beach.

To allegedly cut down costs we stayed at the Elo Hotel/Hostal? I was a bit nervous about this but was pleasantly surprised and although it was basic our room was clean with fresh towels each day and very nice people running this place. We ere given a balcony sea view room so could not complain whatsoever. Just remember it will be noisy but the air con kept us nice and cool at night so could close over the shutters to turn down some of the noise.

After surprising the son and daughter in law (we were sitting outside the Miramar when they ambled along) we made arrangements to meet that night for dinner.

First night was the Club Nautic and although enjoyable was not as good as in June,drinks at the Miramar to round up a very enjoyable day.

All day on the beach apart from lunch at Iru snacks etc ,and very enjoyable it was too. Nightime saw us in Bony's and then on to Siller for dinner. Everyone enjoyed the food which was up to the usual high standards. Lamb, beef suckling pig, tuna all great. We had asked for the baked Alaska but the owner said it was too busy to make then surprised us all by dimming the lights and presenting the Alaska to the table .

Back to the square or should I say play park which was really busy with little children enjoying all the chutes and swings including Jessica who had been half asleep at dinner! There was some sort of disco ? going on which made for a very happy atmosphere but hubby did tell me it went on all night .The fact that I did not hear it is testament to the amount of wine consumed and the balcony doors being closed!

We ate at Stay but although the food was up to scratch it was so cold that most of the women were wrapped up in blankets .As a result I ate my meal at break neck speed probably not my best meal .

I popped in to the Diana hotel to leave a thank you card for Silvia the cleaner who had found my ring when we stayed there in June.

All too soon it was time to leave and I must admit I could get used to having two visits a year just need to save a bit more for next year.

Used Resort Hoppa (the express one) and it was a very good service.

Cheers

Scotslizzy
sws97sdg, LK1960, Sparky and 10 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2014, 17:52

Lovely review of your short visit......lucky you. Great restaurant choice and really hard on a short break - spoilt for choice.