Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   The Forum Meal at Balaixa (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/1047-forum-meal-balaixa.html)

JH02JLH 08-09-2005 03:23

The Forum Meal at Balaixa

Penny White asked today how the meal went at Balaixa on the 27th August and I was working my way around to it (despite the other forum members being present!) and was saving it until last as it was one of the best nights of my holiday.

It was a very sultry and stormy evening and I did wonder whether my dream of sitting outside under the stars would come true or whether we would all be sheltering under a huge umbrella!

We arrived first and immediately my two children found the cats - the kittens presumably of the stars of my earlier post! However, this time they were exceptionally well-behaved (the cats I mean) and provided a very useful distraction!

Lilly the Great Dane also made an appearance and the whole atmosphere was very much like being welcomed into someone's lovely home for a personal dinner party.

Mallorcaboy and his charming wife arrived next and we ordered drinks and had a great chat whilst waiting for Roy and Katie and Pollensa and her family plus Pollensa Man. What a great crowd!

Very soon we were all gathered around a beautifully set table and reading the menu which I found hard to choose from as all the choices were delicious. I eventually settled for the tandoori chicken strips served with an onion bhajee followed by the calves liver which seemed to be a very popular choice amongst us.

Arnie sat with us and relaxed whilst taking our choices down and again the atmosphere was exceptionally friendly and informal.

The children had a great menu of their own which included a mild chicken curry and this dish was also available for adults only a bit hotter.

The wines I chose (with everyone's eyes on me!) were a very popular Marques de Caceres Rioja, an El Coto Rioja and the house white.

Desserts were few and far between as most people were too full but I know Mallorcaboy and I opted for cheese and biscuits which were lovely.

We all had a great time and it was lovely to meet up with Roy and Katie who had flown over especially to come to the dinner. It was nice to finally see them after our long messages about New Zeland wine! Sadly there were no NZ wines on the list but I don't think that mattered!

Mandy came out to see us after the meal and told us she had been having problems with the equipment in the kitchen but such was their professionalism we never noticed a thing.

We all had such a great time chatting and laughing that it was well past midnight before we all rolled home.

Any plans to repeat it next year?

Jane:D