Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2005, 14:59
Coral65

We are not all 'grumpy old men', some of us are 'grumpy old women!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2005, 16:01

We are not sexist Coral65, you are more than welcome to join our new club, the more wingeing the better I feel.

By the way Jane there is a Trotters in PP. As you pass the Sail and Surf bar walking toward the Port, turn left and it is on the right. You could probably get a Full Monty there as well if you asked!!!!!
Old 10-05-2005, 16:25

Default re trotters

Hi all!

Just wondering what kind of Full Monty Jane might get in Trotters in PP and under "C'al Dimonte" she's going to go there in August.

To understand that you will need to read Peter Kerr's book.
We have Manana Manana and Viva Mallorca out of the local library at the moment.

And re Grumpy I have to own up and say I went to the same school as Victor Meldrew (the real Richard Wilson) and so did Sherryfan so perhaps we'll qualify as Honorary Members with no annual sub to pay??

Have a nice day!

I don't believe IT!!

Did you hear that!
Old 10-05-2005, 22:51

Default Re: re trotters

Hello GOM's

If I get the Full Monty similar to the film version, I won't be disappointed!!:eek

Jane
Old 11-05-2005, 17:10
pops

I agree with all thats been said about English Bars etc, and how did they manage to open Burger King right along the front too!
I'm not happy about the amusement arcade along the front either.What do you think about that one?
Old 12-05-2005, 01:02

Hey pops, don't get smiddy started on that one again!!:lol :lol :lol
Old 14-05-2005, 17:34
pops

OK Mallorcaboy. Not happy tho about amusement arcade. I have banned my kids from using it, and then was mortified to pass last summer and saw my son and his mates in there!
Old 14-05-2005, 18:11
congokid

I think I watched a Premiership football match in Trotters in CSV a few years ago - it's away from the beaches on either Cala Molins or Temporal, with a few steps up from the pavement onto a verandah and then into the main bar room?

I've not been into the PP one.
Old 15-05-2005, 00:09
JMD40

No-one answered Jane about whether the connection was with pigs or Del Boy! Well, the 3 wheeled Robin car parked in the street gives the game away really to anyone who has not seen this tiny bar in PP, but I have to agree that we have had a bit of a run on new english pubs lately - or perhaps just new owners and change of names - some of the old owners qualified for life membership of the grumpy old men club now I think about it!!! Perhaps we should also moan about the Chinese, Japenese, Indian, Kebab houses etc. etc. whilst we are at it. One is ok to provide variety to suit everyones taste but it never stops at one does it? A collegue of mine who is resident here in PP went to Burger King as a `treatīto her young son very reccently and was horrifed at the type of clientele and the language of the clientele who were sat there with their kids and will definatley not be repeating the visit!:x Oh well, as I said last year when we went on about Burger King it does leave us a table at our favourite restaurants!!:x
Old 15-05-2005, 04:47
chelseadons

Default Trotters

I have to say I have never been to Trotters but know exactly where it is and give it a wide berth..but I know where to find Mr C and number one son when there is a game on!! My daughters and I would rather sit and have a few San Miguels and ali oli , and watch the sunset over PP 8) !
I have got a confession to make though..after a late arrival to PP last November and no restaurants open we did get a take away Burger King :\ ..whoops needs must and all that! It was suprisingly nice but only as a desperate measure.. Why would any one choose to go there when they could go to such fab restaurants? C'an Costa top of my list at the moment..new owners ,and menu and service very good. This could of course change when the season is busy.
As for amusement arcades..Huh lets not go there >:
Old 16-05-2005, 20:11
dolgoed

Default Re: Trotters

So if Trotters has gone in CSV anyone know whats in its place

Dolgoed
Old 17-05-2005, 23:16
smiddy

Default Trotters

Only time i've ever heard bad language behind a bar in PP. The guy would make a docker blush! Understand they have also taken a half share in GiGis' Pub on Roger de Flor. From a selfish point of view they provide good coverage of the English/Scottish football and that's the only time i visit. Think we're a long way from becoming another Magaluf!

My critisism would be directed at the so called Irish bars, you know the ones who stick a couple of photos of Dublin on the wall, call themselves "Irish" then proceed to charge double the price of everywhere else.

No matter what, they can't beat sitting on the front in the evening watching the world go by.
Old 18-05-2005, 18:29
merseybeat

Whilst I agree with some of the comments about tacky British bars and Burger King etc., don't generalise so much. We bought a place in PP 3 years ago and got ripped off a couple of times. If it wasn't for the friendliness and help from Sue of the Ocean Bar giving us reliable contacts and advice we would have been well out of pocket. None of the so called local bars bothered . We are always remembered and made welcome there when we visit the port which is more than I can say about some of the bars run by the locals, some of who give the impression they are doing you a favour by serving you. One the other hand some are really friendly. I think a mix of nationalities is refreshing and gives you choice, if yo don't want it, don't go in!
Old 20-05-2005, 04:55

Hello Dolgoed,

We walked all around CSV on Monday and I saw no sign of Trotters there as Mallorcaboy said. I'm not sure what is in its place as I didn't know where it was in the first place. Was it opposite the Hotel Don Pedro?

There's a couple of bars there advertising football matches, British food, etc.

Trotters is alive and well in PP though - as is the bright yellow Robin Reliant!!

Jane
Old 20-05-2005, 06:27

On the site Trotters used to occupy in CSV, originally was one of the nicest little restaurants there. It was called Miguels, and when we first started going to Mallorca about 22 years ago, we stayed first in a villa in CSV and then at the Mayol, down by the beach in Calla Mollins. We always trekked up to Miguels with all the kids for our evening meal. There was also a bar/restaurant almost directly opposite run by an English couple. Miguels was always full, while the owners of the other bar looked mournfully across from their deserted little place.
Paco and Maria who owned/ran Miguels, then moved to Vista Mar in PP which is now Ye Old English Tea Rooms. Although it was called Vista Mar, we always called it Miguels even though there was no Miguel, only Paco and Maria. (Is this getting complicated enough for you?):\
Anyway, Paco and his wife moved to Malaga a couple of years ago, much to our disappointment as it was one of the best value for money little Restaurants around and the food was great. My youngest son was so struck with the food, he used to call Paco "the bald headed genius", but of course not to his face.
Anyone else remember the Vista Mar and the b.h.g.?