Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2005, 23:30
rudi the jambo

Default Bars

Will be in PP in a couple of weeks and have found this site full of good info, however can anyone tell me if there are any bars showing live football, specifically SETANTA showing Scottish games in the area, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2005, 01:05
PennyWhite

The Cavern on Formentor Street were well set up for all the sporting fixtures. Also, you could try Hepburns if it is still open, Shelley has Sky but not a lot of customers so perhaps you could make a request! Not a lot of atmosphere however, though it was a nice place. Take your own crowd along??
Old 10-09-2005, 01:53
rudi the jambo

Cheers Penny for the info.
Old 10-09-2005, 17:08

Default Re:Bars

Hi Rudi!

You will find a place to watch the games OK.

And to Penny!

I recall you thought PP was "too English"and yet you seem to know two "British Pubs" which screen live UK football .The one on Formentor Road is a new one this year and the other is at the back of the town and changed hands and names earlier in 2005 and most visitors would not know of the latter unless they were going looking for it.
Old 10-09-2005, 19:49
steve

Default Re: Re:Bars

Quite agree Portofan, these are dreadful places and have no place in PP. The Cavern on the Formentor Road used to be a very nice "back street type" cheap and cheerfull Italian restaurant until last year. Still I took great pleasure in walking past a few times this summer, and seeing it mainly empty!

What makes people come to a beautiful spot like PP and take up residence in these types of establishments.

I dread to think what's going to happen next June whilst the World Cup is on. Hold all bookings until the start of July perhaps.
Old 10-09-2005, 22:27
rudi the jambo

Default Re: Re:Bars

So I take it the Cavern is to be avoided......
Old 10-09-2005, 22:45

Steve,

Admire your optimisim for next June.

After that performance at Windsor Park ( The Guards Polo team could have done better) what makes you think England will make it.

Smiddy / Rob

If Scotland make it and England fail I'll be in O'Haras qith a kilt and fake red hair !!!!!!!!!!!!

McBonysLad 8) 8) 8)
Old 10-09-2005, 22:55
rudi the jambo

Just had a message mentioning a couple of bars called Ye Olde English Tearooms which sounds like a wind up ,and also a place called Bar Cultural, any info on these bars.
Old 10-09-2005, 23:02
steve

Bonyslad,

I don't recall saying England would make it, in fact I never mentioned them at all (but I think they will).

I suppose the only consolation is the fact that the Scots, Welsh or Irish (both) will not qualify.

Can you imagine in all seriousness, what it would be like round the Square one balmy June evening, if England and Scotland were playing each other in a World Cup match, it doesn't bare thinking about. We get enough of that nonsense every Friday and Saturday night at home!

Perhaps there should be some local By-Law passsed by the Pollensa Authorities that no eating or drinking establishments be allowed to show live football during the summer months. Any one unfortunate enough to want to watch it should be made to do so in Alcudia.
Old 11-09-2005, 00:09

Hi rudi

I am a big fan of the Bar Cultural and I think you'll find that some of your fellow Scots are big fans too!

The Bar Cultural is on the far corner of the square near to the church. It's a real local's place but tourists are accepted!

When we were there in August (before one of the unofficial forum meets) my children were fascinated by the bull-fight being shown on the television. I must admit I watched for a couple of minutes too and it brought back memories of when I went to one 20-odd years ago in mainland Spain.

It's a great place and is not too touristy - it's ideal for people watching, but whether they will show Scottish games is doubtful.

As for the tea-rooms, I have never been but I think Portofan did write a post on them so maybe he will have more information.

Jane
Old 11-09-2005, 00:33
chelseadons

Just left the Nags head which has several TV screens and therfore can cater for a variety of tastes i.e English, Scottish, Irish, Welsh etc they even had one screen showing the cricket. There are plenty of places around the Puerto showing live matches although the Irish bars both lost their antennae in the storms this week. We all want PP to remain mallorcan Portofan but a few discrete bars catering for us footy fanatics must be OK surely.

Chelseadons

PS Any manu,liverpool,arsenal fans out there know who is top of the league !!
Old 11-09-2005, 00:40

Oh I wonder who CHELSEAdons?????

So lovely to meet you the other night and I know you and hubby had so much to talk about! (By the way he is not a happy chappy despite Michael Owen!)

When Newcastle and Manchester United were playing he went to see them at Trotter's Bar in CSV and I know they were advertising lots of football games when we were over.

There is also a Trotters Bar in PP near the front - they too were advertising games on TV so maybe worth a try Rudi?

Jane
Old 11-09-2005, 01:09
chelseadons

Yes Jane you got it !!

Debs and I also enjoyed the drink !! Tell Keith not to worry I´m sure Michael Owen will start firing soon.

Chelseadons
Old 11-09-2005, 01:37

Default Bars

My friends Seamus and Angus were having a drink with me one night at the Isla Dor terrace looking at the sun setting over the bay.

"I know this is heaven " said I " but you know occasionally I get a real yearning for a decent pint of bitter and I don't think you can beat the Nags Head. Do you know they are really nice there and after you have bought a couple of pints they let you have one on the house"

" Very good" replied Angus "However in Jock's bar in Alcudia you can watch Setenta and get an excellent pint of heavy, they are not quite as generous, you know what us scots are like, but after a night drinking you get a chaser on the house".

Seamus couldn't stop himself " That's nothing, get yourself to O'Haras just off the Square for a real touch of Irish Hospitality. Do you know you can drink there free all night and at the end of the evening they take you upstairs to get laid "

"Wow" retorted Angus " Has that happened to you Seamus? "

" Well not me exactly " replied Seamus " but it happened to my sister Bridget last week !!!!"

Bring on the World Cup !!!!!

BonysLad
Old 11-09-2005, 02:00
rudi the jambo

Thanks for the info eveyone