Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By TheFussies
  • 1 Post By TheFussies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-07-2013, 21:40

Default TheFussies Summer Tour 2013 Week1

Well TheFussies have concluded another successful tour of Puerto Pollensa restaurants and bars. There were a few surprises with one well known establishment falling down the rankings and a very pleasant surprise with one of the new establishments.
Mr & Mrs Fussie Arrived Saturday 22nd June after unpacking getting the essentials from supermarket it was off to Stay for a late tapas lunch. Patatas bravas, peppers de pardon, fried aubergine, fried cod a glass of cava and a beer. We’ve arrived and what a nice feeling that was. Two more weeks of this would make up for the past 50 weeks.
For the evening tried to book Celler la Parra best they could offer was 9:00pm on Sunday. So it was off to Los Faroles. After our late lunch all we went for was a main sea bream for MrsFussie hake, prawns and monkfish for me. Absolutely delicious complemented with a bottle of albarino. When asking for the bill I pointed out I’d been given the wrong bill (it was less than mine). For my honesty we were rewarded with 3 complimentary liquers  A fine end to our first day.

Sunday 23rd June
Celler La Parra. It was to be a mixed paella but we started with trampo to share a bottle of the excellent house red for me, and at 5.50 euros I didn’t mind not drinking it all. A half bottle of albarino for MrsFussie more complimentary liquers . Holiday going well!

Monday 24th June
A cool cloudy day and a cold breezy evening on the front. Decided on El Bistro. Davide gave us a table inside near the bar. It was so cold I was time for hot soup to startvegetable and tomato soup followed by spaghetti vongole for MrsFussie and & cod with sobrasada for me. Both excellent and watching out alcohol intake a large beer for me and a glass of wine. As the evening was cold decided to return to apartment turn up heating and have a drink at home.

Tuesday 25th This is a bit of a haze it was the set meal at Llonja, all I can recall now was that I had seabass with raisins but whatever we had we enjoyed it enough to go back the following week. Excellent value and service.

Wednesday 26th MissFussie arrives. Decided to play safe it was O Lume for tapas lunch. Jaime handled the situation well patatas bravas, garlic prawns, garlic mushrooms were ordered along with Jaimes suggestion of a mussel pie and vegetable pie. It was like a cross between a pasty and a samosa and very tasty. Also of note is that Jaime serves albarino by the glass.

In the evening we went to one of our favourites from last year La Fortalesa, still run by the same young friendly brother and sister. Great night there salad to share to start followed by sea bream and sea bass for Miss & MrsFussie with myself opting for the medley of fish, salmon, hake with prawns and a bottle of albarino. Yes we like albarino!

Thursday 27th Ruta del Tapeo – As last year this has to be the highlight of the holiday. Managed 7, La Cabana, Bellaverde, Café Rumbo. La Roda, Can Tofol, La Cantina2 going for extras in Can Tofol. Not one establishment was poor but highlights had to be La Roda and Can Tofol for quality and choice of tapas, absolutely first class. And the wines, I stuck with red this year no mixing of drinks. Rounded off an excellent night with chips from El Kiosko. Disappointed we didn’t get round more but there was the next week.

Friday 28th Can Cuarassa Last year was the first in sixteen years that we did not visit Can Cuarassa we would not make the same mistake this year. As always it was the set meal but for three this year. MissFussie now eats fish opening endless possibilities. We had two salads and a pumpkin and rabbit ravioli to start followed by 2 hake, prawns and squid (-squid for MissFussie) and chicken in cinnamon and orange for MrsFussie. The quality of the food and overall service is always in our experience a delight. Thoroughly recommended.

So that’s week one over and other than the weather on the Monday all going to plan.
favie, Doogz1874, Sparky and 2 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 15-07-2013, 21:53

Good write up TF. Sounds like a very interesting holiday. One query,
quote; Also of note is that Jaime serves albarino by the glass. unquote.

Does anyone really only have one glass of Jaime's Albarino!

Also, have to agree re Can Cuarassa. My absolute favourite and always has been. Manages to be a little hideaway somehow! Thanks for jogging memories!
Old 15-07-2013, 21:56

Smile

Belladona, It was lunchtime otherwise it would have been the bottle! See next weeks post for the albarino count
Belladonna likes this.