Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2005, 21:05

Default 8 days of eating!!

As its cloudy I thought I would pop into cafe and do a quick low down of places we have eaten at so far

Fortalesa - superb as always. However Martin was complaining about some of the clientel visiting PP this year !

La Trencadora - Oh dear this was my top choice in June but do not think we will be going again. Two of us ordered tempura prawns for starters and when they arrived we gasped in shock!! On the plate were three of the most enormous prawns covered in thick (not my idea of tempura) batter. We all cut into and popped in mouths only to realise they had battered the entire prawn with shells intact..yuk!
We complained to the waiter who disappeared to tell the chef, then returned to say he did that to make the prawns seem bigger..What?!!! Main course was okish but when the bill came they had charged us for one portion of prawns which we said we wouldnt pay for. We then watched as the chef threw a fit of pique ..hilarious but not what you expect from this restaurant!!!

Iru - This continues to be in our opinion the best frontline restaurant and also the best in the Port along side Los Zazarles.The food is Mallorcian and of superb standard and the waiters very attentive. I`m not sure why others on this site seem to have problems with both the food and service ? They sell the fact that cooking is an art and not to be rushed. Maybe this explains some of the comments and I would suggest this is not really a restaurant to which you should take young children. Incidentally the loos were spotless .

Los Zarzales, Centric, Cān Costa, Siller - Suns out so off to beach. Will review these another time.

Debs
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2005, 22:32
fiesta

Default Centric

Have eaten at this restaurant on many an occasion as have been going to PP for 7 years now.

The last visit was in a word disgraceful.
The tablecloths were filthy,looked ok from a distance but take a closer look!!!!!!!!!!!They are just bits of cloth that have been cut to fit,and were truly filthy.

My husband had swordfish which was as dry as a stick,I had spaghetti which had no doubt been hot at sometime just not when it reached me!!!

Lets just say,wont be wasting another visit,we didn't complain,lack of a tip would suffice.

I'm not always this negative(honest):rollin
Old 08-09-2005, 22:46
smiddy

Default Centric

Used to be very good a few years ago when it was family run.

Fiesta, Sorry to hear you had a poor meal, but you really must complain, if not, restaurants will assume this type of food is acceptable, then it can be a downward spiral

Honestly, i can't remember the last time i ate at the "square". IMO the restaurants are average at best.
Old 08-09-2005, 23:00

Default Re: Centric

Hi Debs!

It was so good to meet you and your family the other night and I'm glad you're enjoying your holiday! Keep them reports coming in!

I was sorry to hear about Trencadora - that was a real surprise but that's what is so good about the forum - real reviews by members and up to the minute as well!

As for Centric - we enjoyed the restaurant and couldn't fault anything and I can be very critical when I want!

We ate in the square, Smiddy, because of our children who enjoyed their holiday as much, if not more, than we did. The freedom to play and have fun was great for them and we could have insisted they eat in some of the more "adult-orientated" restaurants but then we would have been less relaxed.

In my opinion, I don't think the food in Os Cachelos was average and I certainly enjoyed Tango - my lamb was delicious and easily matched the food in the restaurants we tried in Pollensa old town.

Jane
Old 09-09-2005, 17:26
smiddy

Default Centric

Horses for courses JH, when i was in that position we used to eat up at the Coach House/Katy's were our kids could play on the beach and climb the big trees etc, not a "people" watcher, much prefer the quieter venues. Sadly, the Coach House is no longer with us. Little Italy? If i want Italian food i'll go to "big" Italy.
Old 09-09-2005, 18:18

Smiddy, I agree!

The restaurants we visited this time were a bit different to the ones we went to last October and in May.

We still enjoyed them though, but I'm working on hubby for a return trip soon!

Jane
Old 18-09-2005, 22:16

Hi fiesta
Are you sure your thinking of Centric? As far as I know they do not have table cloths just the paper mats with a map of Mallorca on. We rarely eat in the square..tend to go there if we only want a snack.. but Centric is normally our choice if we do. Carlos (think Jane said he reminded her of Elvis!!) is the sweetest most courteous man and all his staff are jolly and efficient.

The food is always very good..not on a par with Los Zarzales or some of the ones in Pollensa..but for the money excellent value. The chiperones and stuffed mussels are always a must, and this year we discovered the sea food gratin that was so delicious we were fighting over it

Debs
Old 19-09-2005, 03:13

Sorry Jane just read about Centric on another post and it was jiggy who thought Carlos looked like Elvis 8) (nearest I could get to him!!)
Old 19-09-2005, 05:21
jiggy

'Thank you very much' :rollin
Old 19-09-2005, 16:22
pops

we think he looks abit like Gerry Francis the ex footballer

Pops