Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Restaurant recommendation for anniversary (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/10376-restaurant-recommendation-anniversary.html)

spicyhippo 13-07-2013 14:41

Restaurant recommendation for anniversary

Hi all, we will be going to port de pollencia in August and will be celebrating our wedding anniversary while there. Would like to go to a nice romantic restaurant either in pp or one of the neighbouring towns. Can anyone recomend a nice romantic place with good food?

kate1 13-07-2013 17:17

I always seem to recommend Stay on these occasions - the food isn't the best (although the MDD is reliable and good value), but the setting is gorgeous. We celebrated our 20th anniversary there and it really felt like somewhere special to be. La Llonja is also lovely, especially if you can get an outside table.

I've never been there in August but Mirador del Victoria has been getting good reviews - amazing location and views, but unless you get a cab there and back you won't be able to celebrate your anniversary with a few glasses of cava...

Rosie34 13-07-2013 19:45

Totally agree about Victoria - perfect setting and maybe worth one person keeping to the mineral water!;)

car77 13-07-2013 19:55

We always celebrate our anniversary at thr Corb Mari. It has many lovely memories for me having visited it over the years since 1977. It used to be called the Bec Fi then and some of the waiters are still the same! Lol!

Cat318 13-07-2013 20:10

I would say La Llonja. Great food and great setting. Hotel Capri is a great setting too if you get a table at the water's edge. Food not as good as La Llonja but ok.

Rosie34 14-07-2013 09:14

Agree with Cat about Capri - we often have lunch there right out at the waters edge and it is so peaceful (as long as it's not windy:eek:) - I imagine in the evenings it would be perfect for a romantic meal:)

Sparky 14-07-2013 09:20

For a romantic dinner for 2, i would recommend a table in the courtyards of either O Lume or Los Zarzales :D.

Ronnie 14-07-2013 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by spicyhippo (Post 86149)
Hi all, we will be going to port de pollencia in August and will be celebrating our wedding anniversary while there. Would like to go to a nice romantic restaurant either in pp or one of the neighbouring towns. Can anyone recomend a nice romantic place with good food?

In PP, The terrace restaurant with a table at the waters edge at the ILLA DOR Hotel, or LA FONT DE GALL, Pollensa town.

The Hamiltons 15-07-2013 10:31

We always choose Stay for special occasions, but book early and request a sea front table, with the best views across the bay!

TheFussies 15-07-2013 21:49

Following our evening experience of Stay this year I'd avoid it for an anniversary. I'd go with Sparky's recommendation O Lume (our choice this year for our anniversary) or Los Zarzales.
MrFussie

spicyhippo 15-07-2013 23:46

Thanks all for suggestions.

Nick 16-07-2013 19:48

I'd say Stay.

Belladonna 17-07-2013 09:48

Can Cuarassa or the end table of the Capri restaurant's pier. ;)

Jonsey 17-07-2013 10:43

I tend to agree that getting a table at the water's edge at the Capri would be an ideal setting, particularly in the evening. Have often had lunch there, but never sampled the evening menu. In the old town I would recommend La Trencadora (look up the reviews on Trip Advisor). The setting is the most romantic of all, with a wonderful atmosphere, and we've never had a poor meal.

ironmanuk 17-07-2013 16:48

How about restaurant 365 at Hotel Son Brull