Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2013, 17:58

Default Restaurant Siller.

I can hardly believe that I've seen Siller Restaurant only once on the "Best 5 restaurant" lists. We don't come to PP til 22nd August this year, so don't know if things have changed, but on previous years it has been far and away miles above everywhere else we have dined. My daughter, husband and family are in PP right now and I look forward to their opinion on some of the places we recommended to them. It is their first ever visit and fortunately they are loving it as we did give them the big push to go there, having been visiting ourselves for over 20 years.

Last edited by Sparky; 10-07-2013 at 22:53. Reason: Added text and moved into it's own thread.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2013, 20:35

We also sit back in disbelief that Siller is not mentioned,hope they are ok ?
Old 10-07-2013, 22:24

Highly probable that this is purely down to location - not exactly the easiest place to come across in ones daily saunter down the Pine Walk! (tongue in cheek)
p.s. Never been in, though did look at the menu as I passed this year, understand it is v.good. In the past there have been some good write ups on this forum especially referring to the quality of their steaks.
Old 10-07-2013, 23:29

Wink

We have been going to siller for years ,the lad that runs it with his superlative wife the head chef is superb, in fact the restaurant they had in Pollensa had a Michelin star ,this place really is the bollocks if you are a serious foodie ,but you are going to pay for the quality.
We are just an ordinary working class family but , we really appreciate good food & so are prepared to pay for it ,none finer than Siller.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:58

Really must make more effort to try Restaurant Siller on my next visit to PP, as Cumberland says, if one appreciates and receives good food and good service it really is worth paying for.
I, like many, many others on this forum get 'trapped' into returning to our various favourites over the years and the days on holiday really do seem to run out quickly. I do try to seek out different places to eat but these are often reduced to say 2 or 3 over a 10 to 14 day stay. This year visited two new restaurants and they both lived up to expectation - a lesson for future visits. Eating habits can vary and we usually 'eat in' a couple of times also. Eating out every night can be a little excessive and eating in (on the balcony if nice) can be very relaxing.

Last edited by pescador2009; 11-07-2013 at 11:02.
Old 11-07-2013, 11:22

Interested to hear what your 2 "new" restaurants were this year pescador. Hopefully we will try a couple of "new" ones this year too although haven't decided which ones yet As you say, we always go back to our favourites and then, before we know it, time has run out......again
Old 11-07-2013, 12:59

Hi RDA, my two new ones were........... Na Ruixa (just off Formentor Road) and Celler La Parra (Juan XX111 - main road from Marina up to 'Big' Eroski).
Now, I've previously walked past Na Ruixa on literally dozens of occasion and looked at the menu many, many times, don't know why I'd not been in before but it was excellent. Really was one of the best meals on my hol's, but don't expect a good sea view! Regarding Celler La Parra, I'd actually called in before and had a tour round, again walked passed many, many times, but the first time in for an evening meal. The Lechona (suckling pig) was excellent, but accompanied by salad and fries seemed to make it a tad less Spanish! Very atmospherical building though and I would defo' go in there again.
Sparky likes this.
Old 11-07-2013, 14:03

Like everyone else, I seem to stick to certain favourit restaurants But my friends have now pursuaded me to Try a New Place on each visit to P.P and I must say I have accepted this challenge and have enjoyed the adventure into the unknown so as to speak. Upto now this year ( Starting in January St.Anton ) I have ate in over 20 establishments, Four of them as new finds and NOT had a bad meal anywhere. Some cheap and cheerfull some expensive .What a recommendation for P.P. Long may it continue.
pollensa, sws97sdg, Mark and 2 others like this.
Old 11-07-2013, 17:44

This causes a real problem!!! Trying new restaurants each year, which we always do, on top of our regular haunts we have been going to for years.

We are out for 12 nights next month and so far I have a list of 18 restaurants to visit. I can't possibly read any more suggestions. don't know which way to turn!!
Old 11-07-2013, 19:14

Sounds familiar Timberman. We are out for 10 nights and have decided on at least 12/14 places to eat Think we will have to give some of them a miss Maybe try the rest in October tho
Old 19-08-2013, 11:39

We ate at Restaurant Siller last night for the first time. Fantastic food and great service. It will definitely be in our top 5!
Old 19-08-2013, 13:43

So the secret's out!! Siller is an absolute gem, and always on our list of "must visit" restaurants. It's the "special treat", though we only go once per trip - I think going too regularly would spoil the novelty.

The great thing is that the family own a Finca that provides a lot of their ingredients, and it serves food which is very different from the general run-of-the-mill (though excellent) competitors.

Like a lot of hidden gems, it looks nothing from the outside and we tried it some years ago on a whim, before I'd ever seen it mentioned here.

If you haven't been, you won't be disappointed, and it's not as expensive as you might imagine.
Old 19-08-2013, 19:53

I voted it my No. 1 this April - although now O Lume has reopened that would probably run it a fairly close second - it is a genuinely fantastic restaurant, in another league to most. As Disorderly says, don't be put off by the exterior and location - it's lovely inside, especially now the owner is displaying his rather saucy paintings on the walls (saucy in a Beryl Cook way, not an offensive way, I hasten to add!) Yes, possibly a little more expensive than some, but they use very high quality ingredients and you'll have a meal to remember. If you're reasonably fit it's a quick stroll from the main square in PP and we have constructed a route taking in a couple of bars on the way!
debz1 likes this.

Last edited by kate1; 19-08-2013 at 19:55.
Old 19-08-2013, 20:22

Really sorry to be so ignorant but i don't think that i know where Restaurant Siller is? Please could someone enlighten me and i will try to find it on my next visit.
Old 19-08-2013, 20:27
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janey View Post
Really sorry to be so ignorant but i don't think that i know where Restaurant Siller is? Please could someone enlighten me and i will try to find it on my next visit.
You will find the directions here :- http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...irections.html .