Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 13:22

Default Tribeca - Never again

As normal on our visits we try a couple of places to eat that we have not before as well as visiting our usual places a number of times. On this occasion knowing Maureen formerly of Citrus was back working there & after hearing mixed reviews we thought Tribeca could be on our new places to visit. We booked a table for the four of us and were welcomed by Maureen on seeing us in her usual nice & welcoming way along with the other younger girl who works there (sorry forgot her name now). The place was probably only half full but for some reason the other lady in the place which I believe is one of the owners did not seem very happy at all. We ordered starters of which I had mushroom & cheese pate. The service was incredibly slow though this seemed to be due to the kitchen & not the waiting staff which we found strange as the menu is limited, therefore should produce food in a fairly reasonable time, plus the place was not even busy. After what seemed an age my starter arrived which looked more like wallpaper paste than pate, runny with very little taste. Then another epic wait for the main course. I had stuffed chicken on a bed of mash that arrived cold, but to be honest by this time I was so hungry I just ate it, again very bland with no taste. I noticed the problem of cold food as at least two other tables sent there food back because of this. In all this the owner for some reason seemed very frosty towards us, though at no point had we shown any indication that we were not happy (even though we should have). As our boys wanted a desert we ordered them one & took ourselves off with our wine to the bar area to have a chat with Maureen while they had desert. While chatting away the owner kept coming over hanging around us & throwing looks at us as though we had just been scraped off her shoe. She never spoke or asked how our meal was. We asked for the bill from her & on her return she as good as flung it at us across the bar. At this point we should of said something, but why bother as we had our children with us & did not want to cause as scene. I really don’t know what her problem was, either she has had a really bad day or she is just plain ignorant or what, but with all the good restaurants around she can’t have an attitude like that any time even if the food was good. We said our goodbyes to Maureen & the other girl who looked mortified though through no fault of their own. Every restaurant can have a bad day though serving cold food is very poor. As for her attitude, it is just not acceptable at any level. I have always given most places a second chance but on this occasion it is never going to happen.
On a plus point this was our only bad experience of eating out for 18 nights.
scouse mark likes this.

Last edited by mwc; 03-07-2013 at 14:13. Reason: Typo
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2013, 13:52

That's awful, what a shame - thank you for the warning though, will steer well clear.
Old 03-07-2013, 14:09

Forewarned is forearmed. Glad I read this now as I had actually considered there tonight but would hate to waste one of my 21 nights with a poor meal when there are so many good meals to be had in the Port.
MairiCladach likes this.
Old 03-07-2013, 15:52

The place never changes....

Here is a post that I made in July 2011. Just as relevant then as it is now.

"Only once have I eaten at Tribeca and I would never go there again. I know that you can have a bad meal in even the best of restaurants, but the rudeness from the lady who served us was dreadful. That said, I admit that my experience was last year and things can change.

My opinion won't though - There are so many wonderful places to eat in Pto Pollensa, I won't risk my valuable holiday time or money on giving them a second chance."

Awful place, made all the more bizarre by the fact that whilst treating most of her unfortunate customers like "sh*t on her shoe", a couple walked in and were made to feel like returning heros!? Just weird...
MairiCladach likes this.

Last edited by lovemallorca; 03-07-2013 at 15:56. Reason: Remembered just how bad it really is at Tribeca
Old 03-07-2013, 16:10

Yes, we had awful, similar experience a few years ago - had hoped that things may have improved but clearly not the case...
Old 03-07-2013, 19:05

That just isn't the Tribeca we recognise. We've been going there for years (often twice in a week at cooler times of year) and have never had anything other than excellent food and very friendly service. Very strange.
Old 03-07-2013, 20:16

Had the same nasty experience and awful food a couple of years back. We had gone to Citrus and unfortunately Maureen & Kenny were unable to open that night as they had no water. Maureen actually suggested that we should try Tribeca and I can say that it was definitely the worst meal (well on par with Simbads) that we have had in the port. The owners attitude when I complained was also downright rude. Although it would be nice to see Maureen again we will never go back to Tribeca
Old 04-07-2013, 09:30

It's amazing anyone goes there at all jugding from these bad experiences We went once on our last trip (mainly to see Maureen) and it was a nice meal and good service - but we also judge on our experience and if we had been treated as badly, we certainly wouldnt return - but we will give it a go in October - if only to see what happens
derevale likes this.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:22

Good luck with that Rosie.
Rosie34 likes this.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:54

Yeah, good luck Rosie There are too many good places to eat to go back to a restaurant where food is not the best and attitude is well below what is expected. I don't expect anyone to be fussing over me all the time (in fact I would hate that) but it costs nothing to be pleasant and welcoming and if there is a problem with the food, I would expect it to be dealt with in an apologetic way. After all, we are the people who are keeping these places going. On the other hand of course, there are probably lots of people who have had a good experience and would therefore return
Rosie34 likes this.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:58

strange that rosie put Tribeca in her top 5

Default Top 5 restaurants

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bit tricky this year as our top 3 are no longer there

1. Trio - for consistently good value food and service

2. Brisa Marina - as above

3. Il Angelo (I think thats what its called) - good Italian food

4. Tribeca - Good food and service

5. Capri - lovely relaxing setting and good food - of course!

Our other top ones are either in the old town (Il Giardino or La Victoria on the other side of the bay)
Old 04-07-2013, 11:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie34 View Post
... We went once on our last trip (mainly to see Maureen) and it was a nice meal and good service ...
Nothing strange about it. Rosie said she enjoyed it.
Sparky likes this.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:08

I think it's more of a shock to get frosty, ignorant or downright bad treatment in any PP restaurant (or old town and Alcudia for that matter) as most places excel in their customer relations and treatment (which is part of the appeal).

Maybe the lady in question isn't cut out for her job.
ragdollabbi and scouse mark like this.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:20
Super Moderator

Russets, as Mike Dublin said, Rosie was praising the food and service.
If you re read her post you will see that she merely pointed out that if she had been given the bad service and food that others have experienced, she would not return.
Lorenzo and Rosie34 like this.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_dublin View Post
I think it's more of a shock to get frosty, ignorant or downright bad treatment in any PP restaurant (or old town and Alcudia for that matter) as most places excel in their customer relations and treatment (which is part of the appeal).
I could not agree more. Rightly or wrongly, experience guides me to only frequent Spanish-run businesses as a result.
scouse mark likes this.