Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree14Likes
  • 9 Post By scotslizzy
  • 1 Post By kate1
  • 3 Post By scotslizzy
  • 1 Post By Sparky

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-06-2013, 17:03

Default Trip Report

Trip Report

Spent 5 days in PP a couple of weeks ago and this is my report.

We stayed at the Miramar Hotel and thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. We had a sea facing room in the newer block and had the most amazing sea views. The room needed refurbished but the cleanliness was first rate. Breakfast was the usual buffet affair and whilst I am not a big fan of a cooked breakfast it was all there if you needed to have the works.

We never ate in the Hotel at night as we have so many fav restaurants that we love going back to plus a new one for us.

As usual we wanted to go to Stay for our first night but after strolling down at lunchtime to book for the evening we were informed that the tables (by the windows) were all booked for that evening.We decided to have some tapas and then booked for the next night . Tapas were fine (not as good as their evening dinner) and so we took ourselves off to O’Lume that night.

As other’s have posted the entrance to the restaurant could put you off as it looks soulless and there was no one sitting inside. However we knew about the little courtyard out back so we went to that part. Jamie greeted us and we choose a table as there were not that many people there at that time.

There was an excellent MDD with some good choices but as I had perused the Al a Carte menu and spied a scallop starter that I wanted to try that was that. Scallops in a Galician type sauce (scrummy) and hubby had the prawns in garlic. I followed on by having the turbot stuffed with seafood ( prawns and mussels I recall ) very nice veg and potatoes. Hubby had sea bass with martini sauce which he raved about. Dessert was a coconut crème brulee and crepe suzette. Jaime suggested a mallorcan wine by a producer called Angel and very nice it was to. Overall very impressed with the food and the ambiance of the place which had started to fill up around 9 but just as we were going to settle down with some coffee and brandy on the house, a wind got up and we decided to forgo brandy but decide we would come back later in the week. The bill came to around 100 euro’s and that included a pre dinner drink .Considering the quality of the food no complaints at all.

Our next Visit to O’Lume was a couple of nights later and we both had the scallop starter , then lobster (well why not we are on holiday ) Hubby’s was grilled and mine was in a rice dish not paella more liquid based, as I am not a lover of paella. There I’ve said it (find paella too dry). Anyway both lovely but as we were stuffed only managed one dessert between us. This time we stayed for the coffee and brandy and again around 100 euro’s. This will def be on our list to visit in Sept with family.

Our two visits to Stay were as good as ever (we have been coming here over the past 15 years or so) with both of us sticking to the MDD and I cannot understand why people complain about the cost considering what you get for your money. We both had the fish soup with rice and then the fillets of fish followed by the dessert of the day. Fish was very good and I asked for potatoes instead of rice as we had already had rice in the soup. No problem.

Second visit we diverged and I had the beef carpaccio followed by more fish; turbot and cod, and hubby had the turkey (which he did state was a bit too salty for him).Dessert of the day was something I did not fancy (I had asked what it was) so they offered to give me something from the al a carte and I chose apple strudel which was very good indeed. In the end I was not charged any more and I wonder if perhaps they would allow you to choose a dessert rather than just offer one choice?

Again I will be back (why?) the location, the food, the value for money and the overall level of service. I for one do not care that it is different waiters serving you each course it just does not enter into the equation for us.

La Lonja – Hubby had the menu of the day and I had al a carte. Fish soup for me and veg soup for hubby. Both delicious but in my case my eyes are bigger then my belly as I could not stop helping myself to the soup which had been left in a tureen at the side table and was so flavoursome. As a result the Hake and prawn main course was a struggle to finish but was soo fresh and full of flavour I managed the fish and did not eat the veg and potatoes. Hubby’s main course of sea bream in a leek sauce was for him, the best meal of the week. No pudding for either of us as this was our last night and we had reached saturation point by then. La Lonja is like Stay a def must go to place for us. The bill came to around 90 euro’s.

During the day we visited Hostal Bahia for lunch and were really impressed with the offering. Peppers stuffed with seafood for me and pa am oli? for him. Really excellent bread (so why do we not get this bread in the evening instead of the white bread rolls so beloved of every restaurant?). Anyway it was a nice lunch and this one is on the possible list for our next visit.

The Real Nautic Yacht Club for another lunch and the salad in this place leaves all others out in the cold. Proper mix of salad leaves and dressing’s to match. I had salad nicoisa and hubby had chicken salad ,both very good and not at all expensive considering the nice surroundings. I think this place may suffer somewhat from people’s perception that it will be too posh or expensive and obviously you would need to be careful of what you are ordering in the evening. Most of the people we saw eating were all tucking into hamburgers and chips!

A great holiday and looking forward to Sept.

Scotslizzy
favie, debz1, sws97sdg and 6 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 25-06-2013, 19:10
Super Moderator

Lovely trip report Scotslizzy thank you for sharing it with us .
Old 25-06-2013, 22:45

I think I've said this before but I'll say it again.. the Yacht Club is a fantastic place for lunch - as Scotslizzy says they do really delicious salads, plus a variety of other choices, including Mallorcan dishes such as baby squid, fish soup and paella - no more expensive than anywhere else in the Port, and the most amazing setting.

Thanks v. much for a great report, Scotslizzy!
Lorenzo likes this.
Old 26-06-2013, 06:45

Default Your Right

The yacht club really does look a good place for all types of food.

I was just making the point that it is not all high end food that they serve. In fact I saw a MDD for evening around 30 euros so I assuming that it would be along the lines of Stay or La Lonja.

Cheers

Scotslizzy
Belladonna, Sparky and kate1 like this.
Old 26-06-2013, 09:19

Great trip report scotslizzy. We have only ever had a lunchtime or pre dinner drink at the yacht club, but will certainly go and try the food there now after your recommendation
Old 26-06-2013, 09:44

Good points scotslizzy. It does seem to be frequented mainly by locals a lot of the time, often large groups and families, which is always a good recommendation! Lunch is always a good catch up time, but not yet ventured there for an evening meal, we always seem to stroll round there afterwards!
Old 26-06-2013, 10:34

I wonder if some feel that being a yacht club that it is only open to it's members or those members of other yacht clubs? This is often the case here in the UK. The very first time years and years ago we visited the yacht club in PP we took our UK club membership card and they actually looked at them!

Times have changed of course or maybe they looked at our UK membership cards wondering what the heck they were!

Last edited by eleanor; 26-06-2013 at 10:35. Reason: typo
Old 26-06-2013, 10:39

They certainly have a membership of some sort when it comes to their BBQ's etc on fiesta days, as we found out to our slight embarressment last January! But certainly not when it comes to the restaurant and bar.
Old 26-06-2013, 11:15
Super Moderator

I suppose they have to keep the special events for members only, after all they do pay quite a lot for the privelege and it wouldn't be fair if Joe Public had the same rights .
Old 26-06-2013, 11:26

Totally agree Sparky. I wont give them that name next time!
Old 26-06-2013, 12:22
Super Moderator

Next time try saying you are Joanne Public .

Sorry Scotslizzy i will stop now . Looking forward to your September trip report .
Belladonna likes this.
Old 26-06-2013, 13:46

Great report -thank you. Two things I must try - La Llonga and the Yacht Club.

Only place I've had the traditional Mallorcan bread is Restaurant Siller who always seem to offer it at the beginning of a meal.
Old 26-06-2013, 19:44

Can you use the pool if your having lunch at the Yacht Club?