Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-09-2005, 00:36

Default Son Brull 3/65

We have been wanting to go here for a while, and had actually booked a couple of weeks ago, but "wifey" was ill and we had to cancel. Then we had a drink with Smiddy and they said they were thinking of going. We wre tied up for the next few days, so we went on Sunday evening.
You do have to book as the Restaurant obviously caters for the Hotel residents as well.
We arrived at 9pm. The dining room is quite minimalist, and cool.
We ordered drinks, which took forever to come, and perused the menu which came in Golden envelopes. (We thought we might have won a trip to Willy Wonka's). The wione list is a big thick book and it looks like the guy has left you his family phot album to look at
I had Dolphin to start, (which of course is not actually Dolphin), and comes a bit like a mousse (obviously not a real Moose). Wifey had Warm Cod with peppers.
For main course, we both had Veal Entrecote. You could have had Veal "cheeks", but the thought of it was a bit off putting. I guess something was lost in translation!!
Pudding was cheese for me and Chocolate Fairy Cake with Coffee ice ceam for "wifey".
In between all these delights, they trott up with all manner of tasties that are very nice.
We had a bottle of the Binnasalem Ferrer Blanc de Blanc, water and coffees.
The bill came to 150 euros including tip (not on the bill), and we left at midnight to the most impressive electrical storm.
All in all, a very pleasant evening, but probably not one we could afford to do every week!!
Sponsored Links
Old 29-09-2005, 00:37

MB!

Thanks for posting on the Son Brull! Your comment on the golden envelopes made me laugh out loud!:rollin

Perhaps they're in gold envelopes to soften the blow of the prices??:eek

It makes me wonder what these "posh" restaurants will come up with next? Menus carved on stone tablets?

Anyway, glad you had a good time and look forward to reading more of your reviews.

Jane
Old 29-09-2005, 00:48

Default Son Brull

Come on Mallorcaboy , put us out of our misery !!!!

Was it worth it ?

Is there a set menu price or all a la carte?

Is the vino dear ( sounds it from your description of the bible).

BonysLad

p.s. Friends of ours who stay regularly at the cala San Vicence ( same owners as Son Brull) had a week there as an opening offer. Cost an arm and a leg even as an offer . My pal couldn't wait to get home for a good shave because apparently the " Jane" and Jim" minimalist
very shallow wash basins could only take less than an inch of water !!!!!!
Old 29-09-2005, 01:21

Default Re: Son Brull

Yes there is a set menu, two actually. Cant remembr how much, but they're not your 9 euro specials that's for sure!!
The wine was 15 euros, and you could get it in Caprabo for about 7, so not too bad considering, athough I did notice that Dom Perignon was 138 euros and you could get it in Pollensa for about 120, so in some strange way, that is better value. We resisited the temptation

Actually Bonyslad, that's a good question. Was it worth it?
The thing is, we all eat out so often really, and there are some very good places here, so is it worth paying 150 euros for 2 people, whatever the fare?
It was nice, and we were looked after very well by our waiter, but the same could be said for many of the places we've been to. The Stay for instance would give 3 of us a nice evening for the same price for 2 at Son Brull
You can get dishes that are not readily available in most other Restaurants, but we've eaten local food at El Posito and O Lume that you might struggle to get in more than one or two other eateries.
I guess the long and short of it is that you always pay more for the experience, and it certainly was an experience, and I might do it again with family when they come over.
But when you think you could get 2 very nice evenings out for about the price of one at Son Brull, it might be a while until we go back
Old 29-09-2005, 03:28
Hunter

My wife and I went to the Son Brull in the summer. The hotel looks fine and has a very attractive setting. That said, we thought it a nicer place to visit than to stay at.It is sufficiently far from anywhere that a car would be a necessity unless you wanted to stay put all the time (or were a very keen walker or biker). The restaurant was very good, the service was excellent and I felt it was worth it......for a meal on a one off basis(for us it was a special occasion being a birthday). I could not imagine eating there on successive nights for example. Basically as far as we were concerned it was great to have this an option for a meal for one night out of seven and we thoroughly enjoyed our visit and will go again....but probably once per holiday. As has been pointed out before there are lots of good restaurants in PP which are worth a visit. This is one of them.....if you want a cheaper option then it is easy, dont go, I would imagine anywhere in PP will be cheaper. That said I did not grudge what we paid. They have a full menu and wine list on their website, with prices, so anyone can check out if it is for them before they go
Old 29-09-2005, 03:36
Founder

I can't find their menu on the web site - where is it please?
Old 29-09-2005, 04:39

I've got one you can see in a couple of weeks!!
Old 29-09-2005, 07:02
Founder

Did you nick it? (note the pun)
Old 29-09-2005, 13:11

Default Re Son Brull

Well, at these prices I wouldn't feel bad about coming home with the cuttlery :lol , but in fact they gave me a menu at reception when I booked
Old 29-09-2005, 17:57

Default Son Brull

Thanks Mallorcaboy,

Think you answered my question.

This place was featured in the travel section of the Independent some time shortly after it opened and they were predicting it to become one of the leading hotels in the world ????. It actually said that this place would be surrounded by paparazzi, not sure if they meant it would become a bit footballer's wives if you know what I mean !!!

I think my pal who stayed there said there are only two rooms with a balcony or access to the outside and that is the two penthouse suites, for 700/900 euros a night I'd
expect to be able to view and walk out to the Taj Mahal
from my room with the Berlin Philharmonic strumming away in the background !!!!

BonysLad
Old 30-09-2005, 03:43
Hunter

sorry ,my mistake....we emailed them and they sent the menu and wine list back to us (very promptly). The email address is on the website