Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree8Likes
  • 7 Post By Disorderly
  • 1 Post By Sparky

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-06-2013, 20:49

Default Trip Report - June

We were lucky enough to grab a nine night break to PP from 10th – 19th June, staying with the ever friendly and excellent Elke and Martin at La Goleta, having booked our favourite top floor room with terrace, and what a view across the bay! I know there’s been some discussion about the seaplanes being absent for a bit, but there were three of them buzzing around while we were there – numbers I’ve not seen before.

Tradition dictates that we start and finish our holiday at Brisa Marina with an obligatory bottle of Marques de Riscal Tinto. When we were out in April we were stunned by the new look and the relocated kitchen has new equipment that turns out the most succulent food. High spots this time were the ever excellent Stuffed Mussels and Lamb Chops. There’s a new starter, Langoustines in batter, a light batter (like tempora) that I can highly recommend.

As creatures of habit, two visits to C’an Josep were a given – what a great host and friendly staff. The place was packed both nights and we were glad to have booked. We shared the Iberico Ham for starters and had excellent Lamb Chops, filleted John Dory and delicious Sea Bass. I’m not a great one for desserts, but there’s a fantastic cheeseboard to be had here – not something you see a lot in the port. It’s always an occasion visiting C’an Josep and you’d struggle to find a warmer welcome or more attentive service anywhere.

Stay has become another favourite, as the set menu is such spectacular value. I had a great Carpaccio of Beef starter followed by Rabbit (not something I’d usually go for) but very good it was too. There’s a hint of fine dining at Stay, the set desserts are always amazing and the setting is so different from most other places. With wine, water, coffee and liqueurs included in the set price (32 Euros?) it’s a true bargain, as I noticed someone else posted this week.

We had to eat at La Goleta, not just because we were staying there, but it is the restaurant we first went to on our initial acquaintance with PP, and it has become a firm favourite. I reckon they have the very best Fish Soup in the port and the Sea Bass I had was extremely tasty.

Zarzales was another not to be missed favourite. Yolanda now has a replacement for the errant Jaime (yes, I know, I know!!!) who is extremely knowledgeable about Spanish wine, which is handy, as I love the stuff and am always keen to learn more. He asked if we like Mallorcan wine and we said, sorry no. He asked what we’d had before and I said Marcia Batle - he pulled a face that looked as if he might have mistakenly eaten something very sour and promised to present us with some fine local wine to try when we return in July. My wife and I shared Grilled Prawns to start with, which came with a nice seafood sauce and were part peeled, so dead easy to eat. I enjoyed the Baby Goat for main course and, as you’d expect, the service was excellent.

We revisited El Posito, having been disappointed with salty food on a couple of occasions we’d stayed away for a couple of years but, as pointed out in this ever excellent Forum recently, all has changed and restored to great cooking indeed. Stuffed Peppers were followed by Roast Sucking Pig – not the massive portions you often get, but sensibly sized and beautifully cooked.

A new experience for me was Neptunos, where we shared various tapas – Meat Balls, Fried Fish, Russian Salad, Garlic Mushrooms and Slices of Pork in a sauce. All very good and excellent value too. They have a friendly team working together to give an efficient, thoughtful service.

By the way, there's a new chef and menu at Joker Bar (which we like to lunch at served by the ever brilliant Juan, Jonathan and Xavi) and there's lots of new things on the menu including a fantastic Pa Amb Oli, if you're into that - I certainly am.

So that’s the eating taken care of. We hired a virtually brand new Ford Fiesta from Hertz, there were no queues to get the car, there was no “pressure selling” when I said I had Insurance 4CarHire and didn’t need to pay their insurance “top up”. They have a Full/Full policy, so no stitch up for fuel and the handing back of the car was carried out efficiently with a receipt to show the reversal of the 700 Euros for excess/fuel that had been pre-authorised when we picked the car up.

Just need to count the days down to 27th July when we come out “mob handed” with two sons and “other halves” for two weeks in a villa in the Siller area.

I really must try to make one of the meet-ups in the Square on a Tuesday morning – I’ll try to remember this time.

Keep up the good work all you Forum lovers.

Duncan
favie, debz1, Mark and 4 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 20-06-2013, 20:57
Super Moderator

Excellent trip report Disorderly and i am so pleased that El Posito is back in your good books.....see, i don't tell lies . Thanks for taking the time to post .
Old 21-06-2013, 09:56

Enjoyed your report Duncan and look forward to meeting you at a future forum meeting.
Old 21-06-2013, 10:05

Love the trip report. Thanks for sharing.
Old 21-06-2013, 21:23

Great report Disorderly, La Goleta is our favourite place to stay, Elke & Martin are brilliant hosts, wish it got more mentions as the food & service are excellent. 3 weeks till we are there!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 21-06-2013, 22:38
Super Moderator

I think it great to see different places getting mentioned on the forum ....... but it's up to you, the members, to make sure you take the time to post about your faves if you want to see more opinions about them .
Doogz1874 likes this.