Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   pp in the news (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/10277-pp-news.html)

its cd 19-06-2013 19:10

pp in the news

See what I found

A foodies guide to Puerto Pollensa

favie 19-06-2013 20:12

Great find CD.....a great description of our beloved PP.

Love the great mention Stay received.....out of all they wonderful restaurants, what a wonderful accolade and of course one of your other favs...Trio.:)....mine too, although never got to try it this year,yet!

Cheers for posting that.:)

kate1 19-06-2013 20:55

Not quite sure that Stay - great though it is - is a bastion of Mallorcan cuisine - but lovely to see the mentions nonetheless. Where is Restaurant Jardin - do they mean Il Giardino in the old town, or is it the Ivy Garden - am mystified...

andrew711 19-06-2013 21:15

Jardin is in Puerto Alcudia.

Siralf 19-06-2013 21:37

Stay for TRADITIONAL MAJORCAN FOOD I think not !!! and Jardin restaurant in PP. I would say this article was researched the same place it was written behind a desk not in the resort :(

blue1970 19-06-2013 22:04

Enjoyed the link. Love Stay. !3 yr old daughter has chose it for her birthday meal in August.Shes been comming to PP since she was 3. Every top restaurant puts a modern twist on traditional local cuisine. Think sometimes people just feel the need to go against the majority and rave about some dark,backstreet restaurant that dishes out the traditional local stuff....Which i also love btw:D

Disorderly 20-06-2013 20:56

To be honest, I think the journalists who write these things are a bit lazy.....they never seem to feature more than a couple of restaurants and sometimes leave the impression that they may not even have visited the place.....hence the "bastion of Mallorcan cuisine at Stay - I don't think so (good though it is).

Clearly this forum is the very best place to come for "where to eat" advice.

Pepperoni Man 23-06-2013 16:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disorderly (Post 85173)
To be honest, I think the journalists who write these things are a bit lazy.....they never seem to feature more than a couple of restaurants and sometimes leave the impression that they may not even have visited the place.....hence the "bastion of Mallorcan cuisine at Stay - I don't think so (good though it is).

Clearly this forum is the very best place to come for "where to eat" advice.

Must admit I trust this forum more than a review like that. Still good pubilcity though.

I hope the reviewers taste buds are more reliable than his sense of direction as he suggests PP is in the North west!!

Belladonna 23-06-2013 19:01

Its definitely more trustworthy to look at reviews from people who have been customers and you can tell they have eaten there recently, than reviews from some, not all I hasten to add, journalists who go on recommendations from "friends of friends" perhaps! :)