Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   O`Lume (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/10252-o-lume.html)

Sparky 25-05-2013 10:06

O`Lume

OK here it is. Unfortunately because the weather was not good we could not sit in the courtyard. When we arrived at 9.40pm Jaime was talking to some clients who turned out to be Shelf.Life and his wife, there was also a Dutch couple there who we have known for a few years but had not seen for a while so after lots of hugs and catching up we finally sat down to order.

We had the usual bread/butter and an amuse bouche of mini choritzo and peppers on bread, then shared a starter of Ensalada O Lume which was tomato, fresh green asparagus and clams in a sweet spirit sauce.
For mains Colin had cutlets of suckling lamb and i had fillet of pork in mustard sauce, both were served with tumbet and saute potatoes, the mustard sauce was absolutely delicious and Colin kept dipping his lamb into it, Jaime offered to bring more but there was plenty for both of us. This was washed down with a lovely bottle of Albarino (thank you Shelf.life that was really kind of you), no room for desserts but a huge Hierbas on the house.

There are no changes in the restaurant itself but Toni the new chef from Asturias cooks to the highest standard that we love and expect, there are few changes on the menu and Jaime explained that he is taking it ( in his words) "back to it's roots".

So in one word FANTASTIC, welcome back the resurrected O Lume :D:D.

P.S. photos to follow, i am having a bit of trouble with the new Flickr :eek:.

Smiddy 25-05-2013 11:37

So glad you enjoyed it Sparky. Wonderful news an old PP favourite is now up and running, such a lift from all the doom and gloom about these days, with the Brisas and Los Faroles refurbished, and Cappacino, things are starting to look up again for the port.

pescador2009 25-05-2013 12:21

Hi 'Sparks' - very pleased that yourself and Colin enjoyed your anniversary meal and in fact the whole evening. Will be in P.P. very, very soon so hoping to get booked in to see Jaime sometime next week. I'm sure O'Lume will be just as good as previous. Haven't yet decided where to go for our anniversary meal whilst we are in P.P. Lots to choose from.

Sparky 25-05-2013 12:55

Finally got Flickr sussed, it's not easy to find the "Share" option :confused:.

So here are a couple of pics and before anyone picks up on it, yes i know the date is wrong Mr Sparky has been playing around with it again :rolleyes::-

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7307/8...f16c093899.jpg
Pork in mustard sauce. by lyn.sparkes, on Flickr

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2847/8...2fed902e94.jpg
Lamb cutlets. by lyn.sparkes, on Flickr

Doogz1874 28-05-2013 09:08

Yet another wonderful meal at Olume - full reviews to follow once we get back home but for now let me just assure everyone that Jaime, his restaurant and the fried milk are as wonderful as ever. :D

pollensafan 28-05-2013 10:02

So here are a couple of pics and before anyone picks up on it, yes i know the date is wrong Mr Sparky has been playing around with it again :-

Sparky, That comment opens the door to more " Double entendre " than you can shake a stick at. :)

Re the pictures.... Its 10am and I could eat that right now (drooling as I type ):)

kate1 14-06-2013 11:02

Please don't anyone think I am starting a rumour here but... does anyone have any idea why it is no longer possible to access any of the Trip Advisor reviews for O Lume? I am assuming it is just a glitch on the Trip Advisor website - in which case, someone should let Jaime know, as if it goes on for much longer he will be losing customers.

Belladonna 14-06-2013 11:26

You are absolutely right Katie! How very strange! I have tried a few different searches to find a mention of it, and can only find O Lume mentioned within lists of other restaurants. It can't be because it closed down for a short while, as other closed restaurants are still there. As you say, it must be a glitch ~ surely!? :confused:

Smiddy 14-06-2013 13:41

Kate/Belladona, as we know Jaime does keep an eye on the reviews and I'm sure he appreciates the info. I'll be there Sunday evening, will make sure he knows about it, think a lot of his business comes from Tripadvisor.

Sparky 14-06-2013 14:10

I have just spoken to Jaime, he is aware of the problem and has sent a message to TA. He said he will let me know when he hears back from them ;).

Smiddy 17-06-2013 10:24

O`Lume

first night out for dinner in OŽLume and food drink company and "ambience"
exceeded all expectations
Bacon and Shrimp salad for starter followed by the small T Bone
mrs S had the set menu at 20 euros fantastic value
more to follow :)

Smiddy 21-06-2013 00:55

great food

Another great dining experience and met up with some other forum members mwc and family just left at 1.30 am feel a lie in tomorrow

mallorcaboy 21-06-2013 12:06

Am I a bit thick? I thought O'Lume had closed?!

mike_dublin 21-06-2013 12:36

Closed and re-opened -
http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...ses-ashes.html

pollensa 21-06-2013 13:07

Keep up, Mallorcaboy. You need to visit us or even PP more often. ;);)

mwc 21-06-2013 17:37

Yes a great night & food with mr & mrs Smiddy, enjoyed it that much didn't even realise it was 1.30 in the morning when we left. Pork with mustard sauce was fantastic as was Jaimie.

debz1 21-06-2013 21:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwc (Post 85224)
Pork with mustard sauce was fantastic as was Jaimie.

What sauce did you have with Jaime?! :eek:

mwc 22-06-2013 12:51

Red wine :)

Sparky 23-06-2013 11:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky (Post 84817)
I have just spoken to Jaime, he is aware of the problem and has sent a message to TA. He said he will let me know when he hears back from them ;).

I have heard from Jaime this morning and he has had a reply from TA. It seems that O Lume was removed because someone had reported the closure of the restaurant, this seems crazy to me as there had been new reviews since it re-opened :confused:.
Anyway O Lume has now been re registered and Jaime is trying to get TA to reinstate the reviews ;).

Smiddy 28-06-2013 12:45

O Lume

We have popped in on a couple of lunch-times for a tapas "brunch"..... wonderful!

I also noticed Jaime has re-introduced the Menu del Dia at 20 euros. If there is better food and service in Mallorca at that price then i.ve yet to experiance it, 3 full courses, with a wide range of choices, plus water and appetiser, in a idylic setting. Honestly you,d spend more money at "El kiosko" ordering a couple of hot dogs and chips.

Sparky 28-06-2013 14:41

Hi guys, i have moved the last 6 posts on this thread into a new one because they were mostly Albarino related ;).

Here is the link to the new thread http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...-albarino.html.

TheColonel 30-06-2013 23:05

Great food especially fixed menu. Lovely location in courtyard - would recommend!!

Tone 03-07-2013 07:54

Another great meal at O'lume. Jaime happy as usual, great service. The Ravioli with mushroom sauce is fantastic like everything else he serves. Nice meeting Smiddy as well
Back next week (as last week) See you again Jaime :-)

mwc 03-07-2013 13:41

Just want to echo what most people already know about this place. The food is top class as is Jaime. His passion for food is so refreshing & on a personal note I would like to thank him for his meals & the fantastic nights we spent in his company.

ironmanuk 07-07-2013 19:12

Has the menu changed much since re opening ?...would like to make plans already :)

Sparky 07-07-2013 19:30

Much of the old menu is still available but Jaime and the chef have added some dishes that used to be served when O Lume was first opened in the old location, i don't think you will be disappointed Ironman :D.

Smiddy 07-07-2013 21:51

Another great evening before we headed for thebeach party till 3am putting our kids ro shame

Tone 09-07-2013 12:14

From the AirPort back to PP. Tried to make a review on O'lume
Good to hear from you again

Thanks for your review of O Lume
It's good to have your thoughts about it.
We're very glad you enjoyed it. Travelers will be happy to know it's worthwhile.
We'll email you as soon as your review is published. We really value your contributions, and so does our travel community. Anywhere else you'd like to review? Be our guest.
Thanks again,
The TripAdvisor Team

marilyn 09-07-2013 13:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky (Post 86000)
Much of the old menu is still available but Jaime and the chef have added some dishes that used to be served when O Lume was first opened in the old location, i don't think you will be disappointed Ironman :D.

Has anyone noticed ifthe duck salad and or the black and white mousse are still there
P

Luckyone 09-07-2013 14:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by marilyn (Post 86051)
Has anyone noticed ifthe duck salad and or the black and white mousse are still there
P

Did not notice or look for the duck salad but yes the black and white mousse is available :):)

Sparky 09-07-2013 14:56

I am sure the duck salad was on the menu :).

sws97sdg 09-07-2013 14:58

Not a wipe clean one then Sparky....... sorry:o :rolleyes:

marilyn 09-07-2013 21:16

Excellent news. My mouth is salivating at the thought. Roll on October.

Sparky 06-02-2014 20:23

O Lume are now offering a 3 course MDD at lunchtimes, this will be available right through the year and will change every 2 or 3 days. You have a choice of 3 starters, 2 main courses and a home made dessert with water and a drink included for 15€ :D.

kate1 10-02-2014 21:19

That's really good value! Will definitely be partaking of that on several occasions when we are out in April!

Sparky 22-02-2014 11:10

For anyone who is here at the moment, i have just had a phone call from Jaime to tell me he has got some lovely fresh fish in today at very good prices, they include Sea Bass, Sole and Cod, Apparently the recent severe storms off the north coast of Spain have meant there are lots of fish being caught :D.

kate1 22-02-2014 23:31

I guess there's a silver lining to every cloud - haven't noticed fish being freely proffered in UK restaurants following our recent storms, sadly! Although some of those restaurants are probably still underwater... Jaime's fish is lovely - his salt baked version in particular - anyone lucky enough to be in PP right now, you'd be crazy to miss the opportunity!

gers1873 23-02-2014 00:03

sparks ma darling, not sure about fish off north spain coast tbh

I'm up by ullapool often off NW Scotland on business many many spainish factory processing boats sit off there waiting on catches, crab, prawn, languistine, cod, lobster etc etc

our NW coastline catches often end in the med marketed as "local dishes" fact !

scotslizzy 23-02-2014 16:07

Know what you mean ....

About ten years ago we had a long weekend up in Tarbet Loch Fyne and on the Monday all we saw were big articulated lorries loading up shellfish to take down to the markets in Madrid.

It is one reason why I am always wary of ordering langoustines at fish restaurants in Spain as I would rather wait for a nice visit up to Loch fyne etc to taste them fresh .

Scotslizzy

Sparky 23-02-2014 16:54

Hi guys i completely understand what you are saying, coming as i do from Plymouth i would see lorry loads of seafood landed on the Barbican and taken up to London to be exported. However i can assure you that this fish has been caught and shipped from Galicia.......i have been in O Lume today and Jaime has shown me the "facturas" (bills) ;).