Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   O`Lume (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/10252-o-lume.html)

Sparky 09-07-2013 14:56

I am sure the duck salad was on the menu :).

sws97sdg 09-07-2013 14:58

Not a wipe clean one then Sparky....... sorry:o :rolleyes:

marilyn 09-07-2013 21:16

Excellent news. My mouth is salivating at the thought. Roll on October.

Sparky 06-02-2014 20:23

O Lume are now offering a 3 course MDD at lunchtimes, this will be available right through the year and will change every 2 or 3 days. You have a choice of 3 starters, 2 main courses and a home made dessert with water and a drink included for 15€ :D.

kate1 10-02-2014 21:19

That's really good value! Will definitely be partaking of that on several occasions when we are out in April!

Sparky 22-02-2014 11:10

For anyone who is here at the moment, i have just had a phone call from Jaime to tell me he has got some lovely fresh fish in today at very good prices, they include Sea Bass, Sole and Cod, Apparently the recent severe storms off the north coast of Spain have meant there are lots of fish being caught :D.

kate1 22-02-2014 23:31

I guess there's a silver lining to every cloud - haven't noticed fish being freely proffered in UK restaurants following our recent storms, sadly! Although some of those restaurants are probably still underwater... Jaime's fish is lovely - his salt baked version in particular - anyone lucky enough to be in PP right now, you'd be crazy to miss the opportunity!

gers1873 23-02-2014 00:03

sparks ma darling, not sure about fish off north spain coast tbh

I'm up by ullapool often off NW Scotland on business many many spainish factory processing boats sit off there waiting on catches, crab, prawn, languistine, cod, lobster etc etc

our NW coastline catches often end in the med marketed as "local dishes" fact !

scotslizzy 23-02-2014 16:07

Know what you mean ....

About ten years ago we had a long weekend up in Tarbet Loch Fyne and on the Monday all we saw were big articulated lorries loading up shellfish to take down to the markets in Madrid.

It is one reason why I am always wary of ordering langoustines at fish restaurants in Spain as I would rather wait for a nice visit up to Loch fyne etc to taste them fresh .

Scotslizzy

Sparky 23-02-2014 16:54

Hi guys i completely understand what you are saying, coming as i do from Plymouth i would see lorry loads of seafood landed on the Barbican and taken up to London to be exported. However i can assure you that this fish has been caught and shipped from Galicia.......i have been in O Lume today and Jaime has shown me the "facturas" (bills) ;).

scotslizzy 24-02-2014 13:20

Ok

Well I guess I can order from O'Lume with no qualms then !

Cheers

Scotslizzy

pollensafan 24-02-2014 15:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotslizzy (Post 92202)
Well I guess I can order from O'Lume with no qualms then !

Cheers

Scotslizzy

I'm sure Jaime will get some in for you if you ask him. :)

Sparky 10-03-2014 15:56

Some news from Jaime, firstly as an addition to his normal menu he is planning to offer a taster menu which will consist of 7 dishes, these are :-

Home made appetizer.
Scallops Carpaccio with 2 sauces.
Marinated salmon filled with an Avocado Mouseline.
Vegetables gratin with red lobster and saffron sauce.
Home made sorbet of your choice.
Veal fillet medallion Pelegrino with port wine sauce.
Home made dessert.
Water and a glass of Albarino.
All this for 50€ pp. This has to be ordered 24 hrs in advance.

Also this year he will be offering a Children's Menu, no chicken nuggets but a good selection of freshly made food including home made burgers, most dishes are around 7€ pp.

kate1 10-03-2014 17:04

Gosh, don't think I could eat all that - hopefully the portions are very small! If I was him I would have omitted one (or even two) of the courses and throw in another glass of wine or perhaps a half bottle per person.... Anyway, still sounds delicious. It would be great if O Lume became a real foodie destination as his food is really excellent - the best in the Port apart from Siller.

Am delighted to hear about the children's menu - I know he was always happy to rustle up something if asked but children do like to have their own special menu with choices.

scotslizzy 10-03-2014 21:51

Same Here

Although knowing the food here is great I would (suffer!!) eating all the courses as long as hubby has the wheelbarrow ready to make it back to the Hotel!

Scoyslizzy