Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Rosie34

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-06-2013, 11:18

Default Trip Eating Report 28

Trip report 28 May – 11 June

Our overall impression was that the port was pleasantly busy but not too crowded and the restaurants seemed busier than last October.

TRIO (2 visits)

Our first eating out treat was Trio and we were not disappointed – a warm welcome and a table in the evening sun – lovely. We still think that their bread/alioli is the best in the port! So we had the MDD including wine and water and – all delicious – 37 Euros
And of course we had a second visit on our second week!

CASA VILA

This has replaced La Piazza which was one of our favourites and always had a good meal there. After reading some very good reviews on the forum we decided to try it out. So we were given a table but were not asked if we wanted any bread etc. We ordered our drinks – water and a glass of vino blanco which arrived. After a bit of a wait we ordered our food – the Lamb for Arthur and I ordered (or thought I had!) the Pollo Rollatino – he asked me how I wanted it cooking and gave me a couple of options (which I didn’t really catch) so I just said ‘yes’. He said it was normally for 2 people but he would do it for one – which did confuse me a bit!! So we must have waited a good 25 minutes before the starter of bruschetta arrived. Totally bland and tasteless – just chopped tomatoes on toast with no dressing whatsoever.
So after another 20 minute wait the waiter brought a side table to our table which had us a bit mystified! Then about 10 minutes later the lamb arrived and then a huge chunk of nearly raw looking meat was placed on the side table and the waiter got his knife out to cut it. We asked who it was for and he said ‘for you’ – but I said that I had ordered the chicken. Another waiter then came and apologised and said they would bring me the chicken – so they took Arthur’s lamb away and after another 20/25 minutes we decided we had had enough and he went in to say we would pay for what we had had but were not prepared to wait any longer. Then the food arrived – which was kind of ok but nothing to write home about , and anyway by this time we were totally fed up!!! They did give me a complimentary glass of wine and water for Arthur – I had long finished my wine in the waiting time! No complaints about the staff at all, they were very apologetic – but the slow service had put us off anyway – like 25 minutes waiting for the starter.
The meal cost 56 euros and was a waste of an evening but at least we got the ‘bad’ meal over at the start of the holiday!!
Very disappointed – La Piazza was a hard act to follow and (in our opinion) Casa Vila leaves a lot to be desired and we shall not be making a return visit.

ANGELO’S (2 vsits)

Well – what a difference! Lovely bread/alioli to start with. The bruschetta was delicious – lots of flavour and basil oil, and also I had the min calzones to start – also delicious. I had the Amitriciana which was excellent and the Raspberry Nata – all totally delicious and all for 40euros with wine, water , coffee etc.
On our second visit I had a pizza (delicious) and Arthur had the mini calzones and then the lasagne (which was very rich!) – he could hardly walk, he was so full!!! Serves him right – but he said it was so delicious he had to finish it!!

BRISA MARINA

We booked a table for Saturday night and once again had a delicious meal – great Insalata Caprese to start with, Chicken Mushroom Sauce, Sea Bass, followed by chocolate mousse, including half bottle of wine, water, coffee and all for 37 euros.
The restaurant looks so smart after its refurbishment and the staff are just as efficient and attentive as ever – love this restaurant!!
L A FONDA – POLLENSA OLD TOWN
As we went to the Corpus Cristi service with some PP friends we decided to eat in the town afterwards. We went to La Fonda which is just off the main square. Arthur had the Mallorcan soup which is really bread soaked in soup which he said was ok. I had the Caprese salad which was kind of ok but not a patch on Trio. He had the mussels as the main but was disappointed and said they did not compare with Trio – the sauce was rather watery and insipid. I had the chicken which was very good! The bill came to 56 Euros – with a glass of wine, water, coffee etc.

TRIBECA

After Sparky putting us right about which restaurant Maureen (Citrus) was working at we went and it was lovely seeing Maureen again and having a brief chat. Excellent meal – Artichoke risotto and the Pork for the main courses – can’t remember what the bill came to but it wasn’t excessive!

LA VICTORIA

We have always wanted to try this restaurant after having driven to the site a couple of years ago – so we booked a table for a Saturday night. What a setting!!! It surely must be the best restaurant view in Mallorca! Right opposite the bay and into the sunset – perfect. So to the food. I had the tomato salad which was just that. A plate of slice tomatoes with a bit of lettuce in the middle and no dressing – bit boring really, but the tomatoes were good. ARTHUR had the mussels to start with and it was the biggest dish of mussels he had ever seen!!!!!!!! He had the steak for the main and I had the Lomo con Col which was just perfect! The bill came to 70 euros with a glass of wine, water and coffee and was worth it – even if only for the view – and yes, the food was really good. (Surprisingly, my glass of wine was only 2.50 euros – the cheapest I had – and it was good!!)

IL GIARDINO – POLLENSA OLD TOWN

This is a very busy restaurant – and no wonder!! The food is excellent and the service is friendly, professional and efficient – I dropped a fork and before I could bend down to retrieve it, a waiter was there with a replacement!! We had the bruschetta to start (perfect and best of the holiday and marginally better than Angelo). I had the Tortellini Romantici and I think it was the best pasta dish I have ever had! Such delicate, subtle flavours – I could have eaten it forever! Arthur had the Branzino (fish) Asparagi and he said it was perfect. With a glass of wine, water, and coffee, the bill was 63 Euros and worth every penny!!

CAPRI

After meeting Sparky and co at Bar Cultural we went to Capri for lunch. There cannot be a more relaxing lunch venue in the port! Sitting right at the edge of the sea having a lovely salad and a glass of crisp white wine is just the perfect lunch – we always have at least one lunch there now!

Apart from missing Citrus and La Piazza, the other big, big disappointment was Bella Vista (now called Bella Verde). Apparently the restaurant side is now being run by different people, but we thought we would give it a try. Every time we had walked past, the place had been empty and now we know why! We were the only people there and the waitress (different staff as well) brought us the menu – we looked right through it but there was not one dish that appealed – butternut squash lasagne just does not tempt me at all! Where were all the lovely dishes such as the moussaka, spicy noodles, spring rolls etc etc and not a pizza in sight. (Bella Vista pizze were the very best – IMO).

So when she came back for our order, we explained that there was nothing on the menu that we wanted and so we left. This restaurant, together with Citrus, Trio and La Piazza, had always been among our top favourites – just hope that Trio doesn’t disappear or change hands as well!

Also, we didn’t get any complimentary liqueurs anywhere – must be a sign of the times!

So, all in all, a very mixed eating experience – some great and some very mediocre – but that is only our opinion – I am sure that others’ experiences will be completely different!
scotslizzy and Nick like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 16-06-2013, 15:22

Excellent report rosie 34.
It is great to hear peoples personal opinion of places they have eaten at.
I will write my report when I return home but I must say that out of the 8 places that we have had an evening meal at, only one, Brisas Marina, did not offer a liqueur with the bill.