Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree11Likes
  • 7 Post By Diver Val
  • 1 Post By sunnyboy
  • 3 Post By Diver Val

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-06-2013, 14:56

Talking A wonderful week.

Hi all p.p. lovers

My husband David and I and two friends were out a couple of weeks ago and had a wonderful week, especially nice was the dining out each night which we don't do on every visit, but decided to treat ourselves this time and of course its so much easier when you have friends staying.

Here goes. First evening. Tango. We were made very welcome by the patron and although very busy and no window seats available, we were happy bunnies. We all had the very excellent menu of the day. Veg soup, tuna and prawn cocktail and a spaghetti bol. Mains were 1/2 chicken which was very tender, David had the Steak which he said was just right, guests had port fillets and suckling pig. Our female friend was oozing compliments over the suckling pig, so must try that next time. E17.50 p.p. very good value and excellent.

Next day found us at Maxims in the square, not a good seat and staff a little rushed. We all had set menu and the bill with 2 bottles wine came to 83 Euros.

Friday. Cella parra, we have always called it the three barrels, but always a good visit. Three of us had an excellent Frito Mallorcan , then for me, stuffed Aubergine. Can't always get this, so was looking forward to it and it didn't disappoint. one had roast veal and 2 had kidneys. 3 bottles of house red, which just about blows your socks off ! and house white. All in all a very good and great value meal for 76 Euros including a tip. Greatly appreciated by our friends who can't wait to come back.

Saturday evening at Restaurant Stay. Six of us this time, all having the menu. It is always good value and good quality. The views are wonderful just as the sun is setting. The menu of the day is now 34.90 Euros.

Sunday. We tried this restaurant in the old town on our last visit before the gardens were open, and liked it, so this was the venue for tonight.
It was full, except for our table and we had yet another excellent meal. The staff are particularly helpful and friendly. My shoulder of lamb just fell off the bone, delis. 2 huge pizza's and 1 had the calves liver. 2 bottles of house wine and bottled water, bill came to 89 Euros. Very satisfied all round.

You will note that we didn't have puds or coffee at any of the above places. We tend to move on to somewhere else for coffee and a brandy for David's chest (he says its really more medicinal than to enjoy !!! ) We ended up at the Illa D'or on a couple of occasions and also went to the wonderful Llannaire Hotel, another place to die for if its views of the distant bay that you like. Our friends liked the place so much, and are quietly looking at a venu for their wedding, it stuck them as ideal. (watch this space)

I hope I haven't gone on too long, but as you can see we had a great time.
debz1, LK1960, Belladonna and 4 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 14-06-2013, 14:57

Hi sparky, can I change the title of this, to Trip Report instead of my name, don't know how that happened ? (put in the wrong box)
Old 14-06-2013, 15:09

Hi Diver, just checking which the restaurant was in the town? great report btw

On island time!!
Old 14-06-2013, 15:12

Thanks for taking the time to post your excellent review.
What's the name of the restaurant in the old town? Did you book a table?

Next time you're out - I can recommend the mallorcan brandy Suau (for medicinal reasons obviously ...).
Old 14-06-2013, 15:56
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Val View Post
Hi sparky, can I change the title of this, to Trip Report instead of my name, don't know how that happened ? (put in the wrong box)
Hi Val i have changed the title for you, i hope it's ok.
I enjoyed reading it and am glad your friends had a good time, thank you for taking the time to post .
Old 14-06-2013, 16:00

Hi Diver Val, love to know which restaurant you are referring to in the Old Town. I'm intrigued!
Old 14-06-2013, 16:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsey View Post
Hi Diver Val, love to know which restaurant you are referring to in the Old Town. I'm intrigued!
Gardens? Pizza?...... Trencadora?
sws97sdg likes this.
Old 14-06-2013, 16:20

That's what I thought, especially as they said they were good, real pizza oven in there!!

On island time!!
Old 14-06-2013, 18:02

Yes, I thought it had to be Trencadora, but got confused when "...before the gardens were open" was mentioned. To my knowledge the garden's (courtyard) has been there for years. The mystery continues! As Brucey would say, "good game, good game"!!
Old 14-06-2013, 18:12

May mean closed for the winter, inside is open all year, but garden and courtyard only open in spring-summer!

On island time!!
Old 14-06-2013, 18:30

Default restaurant in the old town

Hi all

Yes, I meant to tell you the restaurant in the old town is Trencadora. When I referred to the gardens being open, I was meaning that the last and first time we visited, it was April (I think) we sat inside, which I have to say was also very pleasant. Hope that clears things up. Enjoy.
Mark, LK1960 and kate1 like this.
Old 14-06-2013, 22:52

Trencadora is lovely - something for everyone - thanks for the review, Diver Val! I'm only sad that we won't be back until October...
Old 14-06-2013, 23:23

Great review Diver_val