Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-08-2005, 06:23

Default Cap De Canto

I'm sure most of you will know where this place is, on the opposite corner to Montenegro in the road behind Los Farroles.
We went here about three years ago and it was great and always intended to go back (But you know, so many restaurants, so little time). Anyway, we went back tonight, and what a treat.
Firstly, you need to book.The owner doesn't seem to take people walking in off the street even though there were four empty tables inside all evening. This sounds a bit harsh, but he explains that he has a small kitchen and he thinks that service is really important and likes to give full attention to those who are there. (This man I like, see previouse posts about poor service; name no names)
So, we booked this morning and arrived at 8.30.
Nice drink before, G&T (suprise), and glass of vino blanco for wifey.
Bread, olives and what seemed like a mackerel dip.(yum yum)
Me, pate with chutney, wifey, brocoli and stilton soup
Me, monk fish
Wifey, duck
Shared Creme Brulee.
Coffee, and a bottle of house white (sorry jane)
Cost 74 euros.
But overall was the fact that we had a great meal at a leisurly pace and in a very nice setting served by a charming host.
You've got to try this one if you've not been before.
Sponsored Links
Old 24-08-2005, 08:42
Lady Pollenca

Hi Mallorcaboy, sounds good to me, can you give us directions?
Old 24-08-2005, 12:38

Default Re Cap de Canto

Los Farroles is opposite the free car park on the front. Next to this and on the corner is Casa de la Hermanas Caridad. Turn up this road and on the right is a padestrianised area. On one corner is Montenegro and on the other is Cap de Canto. Don't forget to book!!
Old 24-08-2005, 15:08

Default Re: Re Cap de Canto

Hi,

For details of Cap de Canto see www.puertopollensa.com/capdecanto/index.html
Old 24-08-2005, 15:18
diver val

This restaurant also serves very nice lunches, and very reasonably priced at that. I'ts always a must when hubby and I come to p.p. Better not let everyone know, in case we don't get at table next time.

diver Val
Old 24-08-2005, 17:55

Hi mallorcaboy

Have just printed off menu to show hubby. This place looks great and will definitely be on our must try list. The food appears traditional but with a modern touch plus Annika (who I know along with Jackie from Tribeca) adding a Scandinavian 'twist'.

We always like to find somewhere different each year..this could be the one

Thanks

debs
Old 25-08-2005, 03:07
Hunter

We have been going for a few years now (since it opened) and have never had a bad meal...........go with an appetite as when we last went (a few weeks ago) the portions were massive !! The food was lovely. Service was excellent.
Old 25-08-2005, 07:55
Lady Pollenca

Thanks for the directions, the name didn't ring any bells at all, but looking at the directions, yes I know exactly where you mean, we've passed by afew times and thought that looks good, nice to know it's as good as it looks from the outside.
Old 28-08-2005, 19:23

Yes guys!

Worth a try.

Had a lunch there very good value and also a dinner.
Wrote on it but the post was lost in The Great Hack.
Old 07-10-2005, 02:00

We went for dinner one night and arrived about 8.30 without booking. Tables outside were taken so we went inside and had a corner table with the candle lit.OOOOH!!

Had decided we would not have a starter.

Kicked off with the bread and alioli which was explained by Xisco as being "Tuna Pate" tonight. It was delicious and induces you to finish it. I suppose it is varied a bit from night to night.

Anneka comes round and explains what all the "Specials" are rattling them off at machine gun speed to you.
Recently at home we had had fillet steaks from our butcher and were excellent. We'd not normally go for these in Mallorca as we try most times to eat Mallorcan type food but don't always manage!

So I opted for the Fillet and Sherry had the duck breast.
Well worth the wait. Both were perfectly done, mine medium rare and with if I remember some nice boiled potatoes and rather nice vegetables.
Can't be bothered with the note pad!

And to Jane's chagrin we had the Vino de Casa Tinto and still water and all the time so grateful the next table for four was being retained as reserved, keeping us well away from the almost chain smoking woman.

See my Room 101 post!

Still plenty space for postre and we both had the Creme Brulee. No complaints there at all!

Coffee and a brandy to follow.

Bill ex tip was 69 Euros.

Now the cribs.

The specials shown on the Blackboard are unpriced and one does not always feel like asking the relevant prices. This happens in so many places now.

Given we were on special mains we waited but the complimentary brandies did not come but hey we really enjoyed the meal.

And for 8 Euros or so you get a very nice Menu del Dia lunch!
Old 16-10-2005, 00:47
JMD40

Hello there. Wonderful venue for lunch for us also BUT I understand that Grace, the brilliant Chefess has left and just this week I hear that Anneka has also left so not so sure that the bar can be the same again. Not sure where Grace is working now and have heard that Anneka will be opening up something somewhere after having some `ME TIME´. I shall let you know if I hear anymore.