Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Ca'n Costa (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/1016-can-costa.html)

MalcolmS 17-10-2005 07:55

Ca'n Costa

Just back from a relaxing week in the Pollença area - our fifth visit over a number of years.

Before we went we had our evenings out planned around our favourite restaurants in Pollença. We had some great meals and nights out with some being as good as before, some slightly less so and one just epic!

Trencadora seems to have changed hands since our last visit and whilst the food was still very good it slipped from our number 1 Pollença restaurant to number 2 after our visit this time. Their kids menu still beats all others in Pollença though.

Clivia was a bit of a disappointment when many of the fish dishes on the menu asked for seemed to be off that night.

La Font del gall was as excellent as ever and extremely busy the night we went despite others around being quiet. It still has a very poor children's menu though.

We'd heard before we went that Ca'n Costa had also changed hands recently so were a bit apprehensive but we needn't have been. Our meal there was just epic. The menu is so adventurous and different. We couldn't fault it and it's certainly our number 1 Pollença restaurant. Just a pity it's so bloody expensive! :-)

Malcolm

JH02JLH 17-10-2005 15:14

Hi Malcolm!

It sounds like you are a man after my own heart! So good to see Pollensa's restaurants getting a mention!

It was great to read your review and I always think it's so helpful to get updates on restaurants as things can change so quickly.

I would have to agree with you about Ca'n Costa - I only wish we had decided to go in August but we went to Le Font del Gall instead and regretted it. Never mind!

I am so glad that Ca'n Costa is doing well and I look forward to going back there next year.

Regards
Jane

Portofan 18-10-2005 01:03

Re:Ca'n Costa

Hi Malcolm Su!

And welcome to the Forum!

Nice to read newbie's posts.

And to Jane!

"A man after my own heart"!

How many men on here do you want after your heart?;)

Porto:rollin

JH02JLH 18-10-2005 01:35

Re: Re:Ca'n Costa

Porto!!!

I'm ROFLMAO here!!!!

Not sure whether I can handle more than one man in my life so will have to think about your question!!

Jane;)

MalcolmS 18-10-2005 04:38

Re: Re:Ca'n Costa

I would still put Font del gall up in my top five Pollenca restaurants and as I say the night we went it was very popular whilst many others around were very quiet (it was a wet night).

One of these years we'll get to try Balaixa! But when you're only there for 6 nights it's very hard to squeeze them all in! :D

Malcolm