Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-08-2005, 03:04
star81

Default Tapas

Probably been asked before but where the best place to get a good tapas in the Port? Last time went to Neptuno but other places to try would be good.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 24-08-2005, 03:05
PennyWhite

Can't go wrong with Neptune I say!
Old 24-08-2005, 03:23
loolabell

I had tapas on the seafront called tapas y punt, we ate there twice and its was lovely......also a friend who lives over in PP advised me that the restaurant next to Tiberi is where all the locals go for Tapas, but I didnt get its name. Its on the corner between the main road and Tiberi.

HTH
Old 24-08-2005, 03:57
Hunter

loolabell

That is Neptuno, now run by Jaco(sp) who used to be at the Illa Dor (I think he inherited it from his father)
Old 24-08-2005, 19:48
Sara4

L'Almirant on the front is also good for tapas. Had a lovely lunch their earlier this month. Portions are huge though - we didn't realise and totally over ordered.
Old 24-08-2005, 20:06
Snowy

El Posito is very good also well worth the short walk
Old 28-08-2005, 19:31

Hi there!

Neptune great for the Pimentos de Padron , the deep fried green chilli peppers . Some very hot indeed.

El Pozo. Like the Albondigas ie meat balls there, also the garlic mushrooms.

El Posito. Eaten there many times but never the tapas. If Snowy and Jane say it is OK it is OK!

Juanita Bar beside Caprabo. Lots of locals eat their tapas there so must give it a try sometime.

Basically if a place that's open all year or nearly so and patronised by locals go for it!
Old 29-08-2005, 06:41

I would definately give Neptune the thumbs up but L'Aimirant personally!! I didn't think was anywhere near as good.

The Frito Mallorquin and peppers were superb and I found the service much nicer also better value for money all round. Only my opinion!!.

Timberman
Old 02-09-2005, 03:59
fitzge

Default tapas

GOT BACK YESTERDAY HAD TAPAS AT NEPTUNE IT WAS NOT BUSY MEATBALLS GREAT SARDINES GREAT EVERYTHING ELSE BURNT PUT 2KILOS ON PENNY! LOVE FORTELESA AND LOS FAROLES STAY WAS AWFUL THIS TIME BEEN MANYTIMES. IRU WAS GREAT BUT TO EXPENSIVE FOR WHAT IT IS. IF YOU WANT A FANTASTIC MEAL GO TO CALA SANT VICENT HOTEL WENT THERE FOR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY FANTASTIC FOOD GOOD SERVICE. WE HAVE VILLA IN CSV BUT NEVER BEEN TO HOTEL. IN CSV TASCA IS GOOD TOO. RAMON SOUNDS LIKE BARRY WHITE! BETTER SHUT UP NOW AND PUT SOME WASHING ON! NEVERMIND KIDS BACK TO SCHOOL MONDAY!!
Old 30-09-2005, 17:36

Default Re: tapas

Totally agree with your comments about La Tasca in CSV. We went there for the first time in September with some friends who are related to Ramon...what a character! Did you notice he was wearing odd shoes(as in different on each foot :\ )? Apparently he did it once by mistake and now it is his slightly eccentric trade mark!

The food was simply mouth watering ..mixed tapas to start which included the most delicious stuffed mussels. A wonderful selection of fish was on offer which was brought on a tray for our perusal! It included an enormous red fish which was for two people to share.I can't remember the name of it (Nemo? .. sorry!) but it had a really delicate taste, not too fishy >D It would be very nice for a lunchtime venue if spending the day on the Molins beach. It is situated to the left of the newly tarmaced car park if you are standing with your back to the sea.

Also agree with you comments re Fortalesa..excellent! Lomo con Col (pork wrapped in cabbage ) Yum . IRU..excellent! It is pricy but the service and quality make it worth it for a special occasion. Stay :\ I think it's gone right off as well and can be a bit smelly down by the harbour >D

Is CSV Hotel the pretty terracotta pink one? Have been there for a drink and its a lovely setting so will definitely try the restaurant. Is it the hotel that has a small pizzaria connected to it ? I have heard that is good but again never been.

Debs
Old 01-10-2005, 01:35

Hi there!

Just back home

Had a tapas lunch one day in Neptune.
Pimientos de Padron and a Garlic Mushrooms both medium between us and bread and a glass of white wine each.

Very nice but did not get a hot pepper maybe just as well!!

This would be a good sampler for those who might be a newbie to tapas.

Near to us we spied a couple who had obviously ordered inside and chosen caerfully what we thought was a mixed full portion(racion) each and wow not for the faint hearted!

We wanted to leave space for dinner later!!:eek

One morning having a beer in L'Almirant we looked at the menu and the illustrations and it was something like nine dishes for E29.50. Didn't feel it was the way we'd want to have tapas.

But hey guys dip your toes!!:b
Old 01-10-2005, 01:47
robjay

Welcome back PF M8, glad to here you had a great time. neat idea that getting the other half to share the Garlic mushrooms , They can be so filling can't they:lol . Think I'll try that one in 2 weeks time only problem is the Pimientos de Padron Caroline's not fond of them so it'll be a whole portion to myself I just bet I get all your hot ones
:rollin

Rob
Old 01-10-2005, 02:37

Hi Rob & Portofan!

Portofan, I just hope you're working yourself up to your full steam of posts! We need to get that average back up to at least over 30 posts a day!

I had the Piementos de Padron for the first time at Os Cachelos and they were delicious! Mine were sprinkled with coarse rock salt which added to the flavour.

Sadly I didn't get any hot ones but next time we're back out they'll definitely be on my list.

Talk soon!
Jane
Old 31-10-2005, 20:31
robjay

Our last day in PP this time was a Saturday (only a few weeks ago ) we had booked our flights to get the later flight because we were staying at the Hilton at Edinburgh Airport that night.
It was a hot day as we strolled around saying goodbye to the sights, sounds and smells of PP, it felt good to still be able to walk around in my flip flops, shorts and t shirt. We were enjoying a lazy hot last day.
For a late lunch we took everybodies advice and went to Neptuno and tried their tapas. What a wonderful choice, we both opted for mixed Tapas and asked for both plates to be different. The tapas was out of this world and along with our bread & Olives and a very large jug of Sangria we sat eating drinking and watching the world go by for a few hours.
What a wonderful end to our week.

We will be back to Neptuno for more tapas.

Rob