Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree8Likes
  • 6 Post By scotslizzy
  • 1 Post By Disorderly
  • 1 Post By Doogz1874

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-09-2013, 18:20

Default Trip Report

Second visit this year to PP this time with family of assorted varieties’ .We, that is hubby, sister and brother in a sea front three bed-roomed apartment and son, daughter in law and granddaughter in a hotel.

Once we got settled into the apartment (booked through the Miramar Hotel) we went out for a tapas lunch at the aptly named Tapas restaurant beside the Miramar. Food was nicely presented and although acceptable I do not think I would rush back there in a hurry. Can’t remember all the details but it was reasonably priced for what we got plus the sangria and some beers etc.

Dinner was at Stay, a favourite for us all and made an excellent choice for our first evening meal. We all had the menu of the day and with the usual wines and additional drinks on the house it all came to just under 35 Euros each. My hake and starter of muscle soup were as ever excellent and I really like the professional way this place is run.

Next night was O’Lume and this was a bit hit and miss from our two visits in June. Absolutely nothing wrong with the food but as we had not booked and turned up on spec(courtyard full to bursting when we had been shown our table) the wait to be served was really long. I know we are on holiday but if you start eating your main course at after 11.00 you will get the picture. However the wine did help things along (really good Albarino). Next time (and there will be a next time I will make sure we book.)

Tribeca was our next port of call and I had read on this forum about the bad service or attitude from the owner but I have to state that we did not experience any of this. . I had a fish cake for starters and my only issue with it was that the cumin seasoning rather overpowered the fish content. My main of breast of chicken stuffed with spinach was really good and although we did not have desserts I would assume that these would have hit the spot. As all starters are priced at 5 Euros and mains at 10 Euros it is really good value for money. Wine prices were not exorbitant so overall a new one for us and a good find.

Next was Siller and this had been booked on the advice of the Miramar Hotel who had arranged the booking. Two days notice I recall. As others have stated the veg was excellent and no one around the table was disappointed at what they had to eat. This ranged from fish soup, filet steaks, tuna steaks, hake, sea bass etc so we did try a large variety of dishes and no one had any complaints at all. Desserts were also good. This place is on the expensive side so as long as you are aware of this before you go I would def recommend it for a special night.

Next up was laroc and although we know it was only going to be pasta and pizza I must admit I will not be rushing back . It was ok, no more than that but service was prompt and pleasant.

Another budget meal but far more enjoyable was Dakota’s ? just opposite Bony’s. We mostly all had the fajitas and they were really good .It started to rain just as we had sat down (first rain all week) I think it rained for a couple of minutes and then stopped. The waiters took all our food inside and re-settled us inside. For the money it was really good value and would not be averse to coming here again.

La Lonja was by far the best meal for every one concerned.
We chose to go a la carte and it was excellent. Best fish all week not that anyone had a bad meal so far but when you get quality fish it just shines through. Even the filet steak was considered the best despite Siller being a close runner up. This was our last night and I can’t think of anywhere better to end another lovely holiday in PP.

During the day we went to various places but as some of us enjoyed sitting by the harbour we did go to Stay a couple of time’s for tapas and wine (hic) before our afternoon siesta.
Also Hostal Bahia for hubby and I for the red peppers stuffed with seafood and the pam am boli ?

Overall another great holiday (different from when it was just the two of us ) but good to try out new places and it was such fun with the granddaughter. On that subject her mum cooks all her food from scratch at home mostly organic etc. but what did she eat for the most part on holiday ? Chips !!

Cheers

Scotslizzy
Sponsored Links
Old 16-09-2013, 19:13

Great trip report scotslizzy. What you said about your grandaughter really takes me back, i also used to cook all meals for my sons from scratch but when on holiday they loved to live of chips and bread!!! ps they're now 25, 23 and 21 so i have no idea what they feed themselves in their own homes, probably chips and bread!!
Old 17-09-2013, 08:40

Really enjoyed reading your report ScotsLizzy - and it's interesting that you had a good experience at Tribeca - we were also quite happy with the food and service there - but I know from reading on the forum that so many have had horrendous eating out experiences there. Maybe the scary owner has changed her attitude - who knows! - but as long as the food etc is good - who cares
Old 17-09-2013, 09:03
Super Moderator

Great trip report Scotslizzy, thanks for taking the time to post .
Old 17-09-2013, 12:20

Default No Problem

That's what the forum is all about sharing our experiences good or bad !

Was not looking forward to Tribeca but as this was someone else's choice for that night went with the flow and was pleasantly surprised.

Just a pity though about O'Lume I of course had sung O'Lume's praises to the high heavens based on our two meals in June but as I said food was excellent just the slowness of service. Never mind ther is always nexy year !!!

Cheers

Scotslizzy
Old 17-09-2013, 13:19

Sorry (but not surprised) by your experience at O Lume. Pedestrian service when busy is one reason (among several) that we always give it a miss.

I simply cannot understand why a heavily booked restaurant would admit customers calling "on spec" knowing full well that this will stretch their ability to provide acceptable service. Greed? Stupidity?

If I'm told that there's no availability that evening, it rather encourages me to book next time and go back - clearly it's a popular restaurant and worth a visit. If I'm given a table in a restaurant that can't cope with the numbers, with accompanying rotten service, that's the last they will see of me.
ragdollabbi likes this.
Old 19-09-2013, 18:27

We were at O Lume on Monday and although the restaurant was extremely busy there was no problem with the service. I know Jaime had to turn several customers away that night and was already fully booked for the Tuesday so I think it once again shows how important it is to book in advance.
Sparky likes this.