Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree19Likes
  • 7 Post By pollensafan
  • 1 Post By Luckyone
  • 2 Post By kate1
  • 1 Post By Rosie34
  • 1 Post By Sparky
  • 1 Post By ragdollabbi
  • 4 Post By pollensafan
  • 1 Post By Sparky
  • 1 Post By pollensafan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-09-2013, 11:13

Default La Roda

Well having read the reviews we just had to try it. What did we think of it? 5 visits in 3 weeks should answer that. Superb food with good strong flavours, house wine at 7eurs a bottle (berberana ). When I first looked at the menu I had my doubts. Things like lamb chops or steak on pamboli. What could it possibly be like for 9 eurs. When it was brought to the table I could not believe my eyes. To large pieces of bread about 1/5 an inch thick. One with the tomato and olive oil and the other with a large pile of roasted peppers,onions, courgettes ect, all topped off with 4 lamb chops. Superb. I think over the 5 visits we must have done the entire menu, everything we had was faultless and the tapas is as good as anything I've had anywhere. It has to be a ten from me.

Just a as an add on, these are really substantial meals which some folk struggled to finish. A tip that might help you is, if you order a meal without pamboli it comes with a few chips and the roasted veg. order one of each and then you can share the bread and make it more manageable.
Mark, LK1960, Sparky and 4 others like this.

Last edited by pollensafan; 24-09-2013 at 11:35.
Sponsored Links
Old 24-09-2013, 15:47

Smile

Have to agree with all of the above and a 10 from us.

We were there in June with tapas and menu of the day both available at lunch time.

In August/September we were there 3 times in 3 weeks. However, not sure if the kitchen can cope at lunchtime as 2 out of 3 visits it was Menu of the Day only (1. due to the circus being in town, just across the road and 2. on a wet market day).

Will be back as both menus are great to taste and value for money but Menu of the Day is too much for us at lunchtime.
Sparky likes this.
Old 24-09-2013, 15:52

Definitely a 10 from us too! The MDD is indeed the most fantastic value - maybe we're really greedy because I think we did manage to work our way through it - we certainly treated it as our main meal of the day though! I do seem to remember passing my dessert to the children as I was pretty full on one occasion. We didn't try the various pa amb oli but saw several being delivered to other tables and they looked amazing. Oh, and the chef was a really lovely guy who came out from the kitchen to chat to us - we were raving about the ice cream (not made by him, but I think by Gelats Valls in Pollensa) - and he then gave us a free portion of the new flavour (violet) which had just been delivered (as if we weren't stuffed enough!). The staff are all really lovely actually - it's got a genuine family atmosphere. If you haven't been already you must go!
Sparky and pansy potter like this.

Last edited by kate1; 24-09-2013 at 15:56.
Old 24-09-2013, 16:53

Smile

Where is it?
Old 24-09-2013, 18:43
Super Moderator

It is listed with all the other restaurants here :- http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...irections.html .

On C/Tramuntana, facing the church, take the road on the left, it is near the top end on your left with the health centre to your right.
Old 24-09-2013, 18:56
Founder

And there's a Location Map at puertopollensa.com/restaurants_bars_cafes.html#laroda. They have been part of the Tapas Route too!
Old 24-09-2013, 21:05

Thank you
Sparky likes this.
Old 24-09-2013, 22:45

Is it this one that must have changed names as the google streetview pictures are a few years old ?

http://goo.gl/maps/x1RpB

We might try it in October although not many nights in a one week holiday and so many on the list to try...
Old 24-09-2013, 22:55
Super Moderator

Yes Mark it was formerly La Villa (Chinese), it gets very busy with locals so i would advise you book a table .
Mark likes this.
Old 25-09-2013, 07:30

Amazing how a street view clarifies things in your mind isn't it...I couldn't think where it was at all....until I saw the photograph thanks
Rosie34 likes this.
Old 25-09-2013, 08:42

Just remembered on one of our visits, my better half went off to visit the loo. When after about 5 minutes she had not returned, I looked over to see about 5 people in the queue with my wife at the head of it.
When she returned her face was as red as the vino tinto we were drinking. I asked her what had gone on and she said the other woman were commenting on how long the person had been in there and asked my wife to try the door again. She got hold of the handle and pushed but it would not budge, until one of the ladies in the queue informed her that it was a sliding door and in fact had been empty all the time Did I laugh? you bet
Old 25-09-2013, 09:01
Super Moderator

Very funny Pollensafan . The reason there is a sliding door is because it doubles up as a disabled toilet. I think it's odd that they have this because there is no wheelchair access to the restaurant .
lollipop likes this.
Old 25-09-2013, 13:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Very funny Pollensafan . The reason there is a sliding door is because it doubles up as a disabled toilet. I think it's odd that they have this because there is no wheelchair access to the restaurant .
Hi Sparks, I think what confused her was she had seen a guy go into the gents and he had pushed the door so she thought it would be the same.
Sparky likes this.
Old 25-09-2013, 16:09
Super Moderator

I completely understand her confusion, the door caught me out too on my first visit .