Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-05-2013, 22:35

Default Restaurants rarely mentioned.

Hey,

Long time reader, first time poster.

Am heading out to PP on Sunday, hoping the weather holds up, can't wait!

I've been coming to PP regularly over the last 5 years, and am stunned that there are some really great restraunts that rarely seem to get a mention on this forum.

One of our regular favourites is Nas Ruixa, round the side of the Sis Pins, just off the pine walk. Traditional Mallorcan, routinely great food and good service.

Last years new find was Tribeca a street back from the front between sis pins and miramar hotels i think. Had to book for a table as was full every night, lovey food and great value.

Nico's is a regular favourite, tasty food, good service, not too fancy.

Maxim usually very good, but concerned if standards have dropped this year.

Tried Little Italy for the first time last year, decent pizza, but overrated and overly arrogant staff - but great location.

Also tried Stay for the first time last year and enjoyed an excellent meal.

Will try and come up with a top 5 for this year's visit!
Sparky, lollipop and pescador2009 like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 16-05-2013, 09:12

Edamaki, Lovely post, most of the retaurants you mentioned have been mentioned, but your right Nas Ruixa very rarely gets mentioned, I pass it every night on holiday as it's just down the road from me, I believe it picks up a lot of business with the locals and visitors from Madrid/Barcelona, the guy who runs it used to work in Katy's bar many years ago, it's a lovely restaurant. Little Italy was so much better when it was the Coach House, seemed a lot more laid back in those days, far too busy for me and from what I've seen the food looks very run of the mill. I to PP to be pampered, enjoy the type of food you don't have at home, top food at a decent price, and there's plenty of great restaurants will provide it. I do not go for food I can get down at my local shopping centre.
Sparky, marilyn, Rosie34 and 2 others like this.

Last edited by Smiddy; 16-05-2013 at 09:14.
Old 16-05-2013, 10:40

Very much agree with your erudite post Smiddy. Though some restaurants may be a bit on the expensive side depending on 'the budget' and the length of your holidays. P.P. really does have something for everyone at all price ranges and some very good local dishes if you seek them out. Good to see that O'Lume is to be back in the frame again this season, always good for local food. Also lots of choice eating places for that 'special occasion' whilst on your hols'.
Sparky, Smiddy and Luckyone like this.
Old 16-05-2013, 13:42

We always visit Nas Ruixa when we are in PP, we like this restaurant and especially their mussels . And when I hear that he worked with Katy earlier I understand why they also have wonderful mussels. Missing restaurant Katy's, but fortunately there are many good restaurants in PP
Sparky likes this.
Old 16-05-2013, 14:11

We always go to na ruixa on the last evening. Their steak is as good as it gets. I remember one of the older waiters from El Pozo in the 80's, so he knows his trade!
Another restaurant that is rarely mentioned is Naciente, our first night port of call. We love the atmosphere.
We have tried TriBeCa several times since it replaces Ca'n Joan and have always Ben slightly disappointed, same goes for Ivy Garden.

Soooo pleased with the revival of O Lume. Can't wait to for that first taste of Albariño whisky perusing the menú.
Smiddy likes this.
Old 16-05-2013, 14:17

I hope the typos haven't spoiled the post. Still trying to master the iPad ley orad.
Sparky likes this.
Old 16-05-2013, 16:29

I always thought Na Ruixa looked good - very authentic - after these recommendations we will definitely try it! It says a lot for PP that we have been coming for almost twenty years - spending an average of three weeks there each year - but there are still so many good restaurants that we haven't tried - and when we are there we usually eat out every day! I certainly couldn't say the same for my hometown which is ten times bigger - in PP we are so lucky, we are spoilt for choice really.

Hector - am assuming Albarino whisky is a typo - if not, tell me more! I am certainly a massive fan of Jaime's Albarino wine... I know what you mean about the IPad, I hate posting on mine!
Sparky likes this.
Old 16-05-2013, 16:40

Smile Restaurants rarely mentioned

Why doesn's anyone ever mention El Ancla on the seafront next to Hotel Romantic (just before road leading down to Pollensa Park Hotel). It's a lovely place to sit and admire the view and has been run by the same Spanish family for years. For the colder months, the inside is a typical local Spanish bar and restaurant, and the staff are very friendly as well (Leo and son Benny and Rocky). The food is consistently good (try the John Dory fish or Leg of lamb), all cooked by Anna, Leo's wife, and reasonably priced. Give it a try - you won't be disappointed.
lollipop likes this.
Old 16-05-2013, 17:16
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millipet View Post
Why doesn's anyone ever mention El Ancla on the seafront next to Hotel Romantic (just before road leading down to Pollensa Park Hotel). It's a lovely place to sit and admire the view and has been run by the same Spanish family for years. For the colder months, the inside is a typical local Spanish bar and restaurant, and the staff are very friendly as well (Leo and son Benny and Rocky). The food is consistently good (try the John Dory fish or Leg of lamb), all cooked by Anna, Leo's wife, and reasonably priced. Give it a try - you won't be disappointed.
It has been mentioned over the years Millipet, most recently in the last couple of days on the "Best Paella" thread .

P.S. Leo's son is called Bernie .
lollipop likes this.
Old 18-05-2013, 13:48

Iru restaurant is definitely worth a visit.Excellent food and great wine selection.Very good MDD and well priced.Service is top class and location is superb.
Old 18-05-2013, 14:02

La Goleta, next to Simbads on the front gets very few mentions. We have always had excellent food & service at La Goleta with some typical Majorcan dishes. Probably a mid-priced restaurant but do a good MDD also.
MairiCladach likes this.
Old 18-05-2013, 18:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamcas View Post
La Goleta, next to Simbads on the front gets very few mentions. We have always had excellent food & service at La Goleta with some typical Majorcan dishes. Probably a mid-priced restaurant but do a good MDD also.
Does anyone remember the post mentioning the owner of L'Oreal was dining there and the waiter came with the finest steaks........................ for her dogs
Sparky likes this.
Old 18-05-2013, 18:36

Default Iru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaycee View Post
Iru restaurant is definitely worth a visit.Excellent food and great wine selection.Very good MDD and well priced.Service is top class and location is superb.
I very rarely dine on the front, but I was recently invited down to this restaurant by a friend and must say was pleasantly surprised, MDD (evening) was 16.90 and the quality was excellent, and as you say views to die for.
Old 18-05-2013, 21:53

just like to mention ikebana near pollensa park which rarely gets a mention and l have to say does lovely food great service and a lovely setting l think it suffers possibly because its off the sea front roll on july
Old 19-05-2013, 09:32

Los Faroles on the front, best in PP for fresh fish selected from the trolley.