Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2005, 08:53
ali bee 54

Default Thank you forum!

I found the forum by chance when looking up P.P. I was organising a week in P.P. for 6 couples, 3 couples celebrating 30yrs marriage, the other 3, 30yrs plus. We all go back to our student days. I was acquainted with P.P. as stayed in Alcudia 2yrs ago. I found a fantastic luxury villa for 12+ and I had booked Stay restaurant for 1st night as we had eaten there previously 2yrs ago. Weather was perfect ( Oct. half term ). I made a short list of restaurants in P.P. and Polensa from forum recommendations and got additional info if they had a web site. Over the 7 days we went to 5 in the evening:
Stay : some thought over priced but personally I like this one b`cos portion sizes enable me to eat 3 courses comfortably.
Tango: this had been recommended to another in party too.
El Posito: some doubts were expressed as looked a bit basic but idea that back street restaurants mean better food swung it and 9 out of 12 wanted to go back that week.
Los Zarzoles:great service, food and surroundings.
O Lume: we had no web info but was chosen instead of A Punt b`cos I had tel no. and address and nothing for A Punt, and I pushed this one b`cos of what I`d read on this forum. We went on our last night and some thought it was best of the week. One had "fried milk" for desert. Waitor explained how it was made and it was voted delicious.

All were voted excellent and made the week perfect. Thank you!!! We mostly booked in the afternoon for that night ( Oct. half term). Having the list wiped out the chore of 12 people deciding where to eat.
Others on my list such as Ca`n Guarassa, Balaixa and Polensa ones were not chosen b`cos some of party were keen to walk one or both ways. (We were staying in the Llennaire district.) Have to sample these when we return someday.
We also had lunch at Illa D`Or - lovely, H. Bahia - good value and lovely setting, and La Residencia in Deia - wonderful setting during the day and eating bar menu on terrace not as pricey as restaurant.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2005, 17:53

Default Re:Thank you forum

Hi there and a very warm welcome to the Forum!

You have had a great time and what a way to have a get together after student days.

Plenty reading your post would be very envious of your choices.

Can I say please pay a visit to the chat room some evening. There's no reason whatever to be reticent as those regularly in would agree and you are guaranteed a warm welcome as we are all interested in learning of others' experiences. Chat rooms are almost a "bad" word in this modern world but not ours you are assured.

We cover all the UK and some even in the USA so do come and join in!

And I am just the first to say, so there will be more!

Once again thanks for your report.
Old 07-11-2005, 19:22
robjay

Like Portofan can I thank you for your nice report and I like you am thankful to the many postings on here which help point us in the correct directions. Thank you.

Can I also extend a warm heartfelt invitation to join us in the room where as my friend has already said you and your other friends will be made more than welcome.

Rob
Old 07-11-2005, 22:06
Snowy

Super report glad you enjoyed O lume Jamie is agreat host.

As the others have said do come and join us in the chat room one night, you will be made very welcome.

Old 11-11-2005, 04:10
pops

Glad you enjoyed Tango, always looking for good reviews for them.

Pops