Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2005, 23:21

Default El Posito

I'm not sure if there is a topic for this Restaurant already, if so, perhaps Pollensa can transfer this to it.
Anyway, we went here last night with Smiddy, and had a great meal. The food is really authentic Mallorcan and we had one of the tastiest meals yet. I had Tumbet to start and Cod Mallorcan style. The portions were just the right size, good but not too big, beautifully cooked and very nicely presented. We sat down at 8.30 and left just about 11.30. Tony the owner asked us if we all wanted to go on with him to another restaurant where he was going to eat his own meal (His own chef had by this time gone home), but we were so tired, but what a lovely thing to happen. Smiddy says he is often asked to go on to other places after he has eaten, but I suspect it may be before he has eaten. Anyway, another great night out. And great company. Highly recommended
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2005, 00:03
easylife

Glad you had a great night - those of us in the chat room last night all wished we were there too
Old 07-07-2005, 20:38
robjay

What's the Mexican waiters name in El Posito?. PM promised me he would find out! , but no luck so far :rollin .

Rob
Old 08-07-2005, 06:03
smiddy

Default el posito

just to confirm mallorcaboys comments, a great evening
and we have been back since to continue our quest to work our way through the whole menu before we go home next thursday
we were in again on Tuesday evening and the restaurant was full, might be getting to the stage where we might have to book a table, or suggest Tony and Angela build an extension
Hiro is the name of the waiter
Antonio the chef and Antonia his assistant
Old 08-07-2005, 16:47
robjay

Default Re: el posito

Thank you Smiddy. He did tell us way back in October, but I'm hopeless with names, it's an age thing:rollin .
Enjoy the rest of your holiday.
Take care.

Rob
Old 10-07-2005, 08:47
pops

Default Re: el posito

Smiddy what has happened to Jimmy (as he liked to be called)or Jaime the nice little mexican waiter who was there earlier this year? has he left?
pops
Old 11-07-2005, 00:34
JMD40

I agree, a real gem, hidden away from the sea front and not looking anything special from the outside but true home cooking and friendly service from Tony and his staff. We have always gone there for menu del dia but were pleasantly surprised earlier this year when we went one evening and had an excellent meal. Of course you forgot to mention the other very good point about El Posito - the price - very realistic prices which means you can keep going back again and again within 14nights.
Whilst I am here, have to mention the fantastic meal I had this week in La Font de Gall in Pollensa Town. It is the second time I have been there and I was so impressed by the food which was bursting with flavour and so well presented. The restauarant is run by a young scottish couple who have been there 2 or 3 years now. We had a rich melted goats cheese to share to start, and then I chose an incredibly tender pork fillet wrapped in serrano ham and served with a crunchy mash and rich gravy sauce- hmmm, mouth starting to water just remembering it!! . My friend had generous portion of sea bass fillets and we shared (well, my friend had 2 or 3 spoonfulls) of a vanilla creme brulee and strawberries. Bottle of light and fruity rose wine, coffees and total bill was about 65 euros. Add it to your list - you will not be disappointed especially when you get home made shortbread with your coffee! Looking to find an excuse very soon to return - problem with living here is that we are spoilt for choice and choose our venues knowing it is going to be good so it is nice to be surprised by just how good somewhere is - congrats. to Tony in El Posito and to the owners of La Font del Gall.
Old 15-07-2005, 05:29

Default Re; El Posito

Un poco menos de mantequilla por favor, Tony ???

Let me start by saying that this is not a criticism of this little gem of a restaurant. It rightly deserves all the credit it gets on this website. Great food , great value , very friendly and the ideal neighbourhood eaterie which we are very lucky to enjoy. Packed every night we went in with folk being turned away or invited to eat at the bar.

However a few friends of ours quite independently stated that although the food is excellent a little less touch of the butter/oil used in the cooking wouldn't go amiss. As I say ,this was not stated as a showstopper and wouldn't deter any of us from continuing to frequently enjoy it's pleasures.

We personally didn't experience this but did anyone think similarly ?, would hate to be seen to be anything other than constructive in their support.

BonysLad
Old 15-07-2005, 19:42
smiddy

Default El Posito

im sure that chef could be persuaded to use less butter or shock horror even low fat
after all didn't Tony obtain a large consignment of
Tonica Light at the request of Mrs Smiddy
which means that she doesnt have to carry a six pack along with her of an evening
notice that Bony's now stock it too
Old 16-07-2005, 04:34

Default El Posito

Smiddy,

Glad you got home again safely although the temp here has made the transition less traumatic than usual.

I wouldn't say anything to Tony cos as I say I didn't experience it myself.

I did promise him though that if my footy team ( not to be divulged to protect my street cred) ever played Barcelona in the Champions league at the Camp Nou , I would personally hire a Rolls Royce and drive to Mallorca to take him to the match. I think the odds of winning the lottery in both Spain and the UK on the same weekend are lower than this happening !!!!!

Good seeing you

BonysLad
Old 19-07-2005, 19:51
robjay

Nice to read your review JMD40. I agree with you, it is a real Gem. I agree with you on what makes El Posito so good. Heres hoping it doesn't change.
Take care.
Rob
Old 21-07-2005, 03:53
smiddy

Bonnyslad, Don't worry i'll promise the forum i won't divulge the team you support. Is it true the last time you enquired about kick-off time, they asked "what time would suit you ,Sir":lol
Old 23-07-2005, 16:42
robjay

There's a few teams like that in Scotland:lol . Not the one that Tony supports I must say.

Rob
Old 02-08-2005, 05:01
cambusall

Just back from PP & visited this restaurant for the first time. The food & service on our first visit was so good that we decided to book a table for our sons 10th Birthday the following week. Tony took all the details of our son & when we had finished our meal he presented him with a birthday cake which had been specially made for him.A very nice gesture & a terrific meal into the bargain, Can't recommend this restaurant & its staff highly enough.
Regards
Cambusall
Old 04-08-2005, 01:19
steve

Went there twice this time, not one of our regular places, but we try and go at least once per holiday. For atmosphere, food and price it must be the best restaurant in the Town. Great mixture of Locals and Tourists, some eating, some just standing at the bar drinking, the whole place just hums with atmosphere.

First visit this year, spoke to Tony as we walked in, (he didn't know me from Adam), but I happened to mention that I was an acquaintance of Mallorcaboy, and that was that, smiles and handshakes all round, great table, brilliant service!

A bit of name-dropping obviously does no harm!!