Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2012, 10:27

Default Trio

What do you do on a damp, cloudy Sunday? The answer, take a walk, stop at a good restaurant and indulge yourself, which is exactly what we did yesterday.

Not been to Trio for quite a long time and have to say the consistently good quality of food and service hasnt changed. The menu of the day was the same but there again the old saying goes "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal, which included bread, butter, olives, alioli/ wine, beer or soft drink/ starter, mains and sweet. The food was well presented, excellent quality and good portions. The price for the menu of the day 15.80€ exc IVA (VAT) (I thought I had read somewhere on the forum that the IVA was now inclusive in the price shown on the menu but this is not the case, the IVA is added to your bill at the till. Was I dreaming?).

All in all a damp Sunday but a very enjoyable one, shame there isn't an icon for a very stuffed person!!
pollensa, Sparky, Lorenzo and 3 others like this.

Last edited by whaleywanderer; 01-10-2012 at 10:33.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2012, 14:30

Some do include IVA, some don't and Trio is one of those.
Old 01-10-2012, 15:03

tiro is too handy for us as we live above the restaurant , kids love it and yup it is great value even with the IVA being added after
here's to our next visit
Old 01-10-2012, 16:33

We have not been to Trio for a number of years now.The main reason is because the staff seemed to hover beside our table and as soon as the final item of cutlery was put down, the plates were whisked away and the next course produced.Our opinion was that they wanted to use the table again for more customers or that the staff wanted an early night.We ate at Maxims in the summer and got the same feeling.
In the old days Trio was one of the few restaurants that offered a good menu del dia;plenty choice and value for money,but now more and more places are doing the same so we go elsewhere.
Old 01-10-2012, 19:15

I have to say that we have never felt rushed at Trio, having visited on quite a number of occasions over the past few years. The service has always been warm, friendly and efficient, and the food is unarguably fantastic value, very decent red wine too!
Old 01-10-2012, 19:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo66 View Post
We have not been to Trio for a number of years now.The main reason is because the staff seemed to hover beside our table and as soon as the final item of cutlery was put down, the plates were whisked away and the next course produced.Our opinion was that they wanted to use the table again for more custome or that the staff wanted an early night
can feel that way at times when busy and as i've mentioned before "canteeny" feeling although this will be our 5th xmas lunch in a row at trio for under 20e a head try beating that for value at home
Old 01-10-2012, 19:33

Must have eaten at Trio well over a hundred times and never had a bad meal

If you ask them to give you time between courses, they will do that ...... As will Maxims by the way

We first met Juan and Catherine in the Tots days when Danielle was just a kiddie and though we eat at many many places Trio is always the restaurant of choice for our first and last evening

Have taken many friends there over the years and whilst it hasn't always been their favourite restaurant not one of them has been displeased or adverse to revisiting
Old 14-10-2012, 15:49

Fantastic good value for money, never had a bad meal here
Old 14-10-2012, 16:31

Smile

Yes, I agree with all the recent posts on Trio. We have also been going there for years, including New Year, which was a fantastic night.
I don't think Trio has enough mention on the forum for the consistently good meals and service it provides in a pleasant environment, either inside or out. Ok the menu hasn't changed for a number of years but there is a large choice for every course, so you can always have different dishes no matter how many times you go. We also know most of the staff and always receive a very warm welcome.
Old 14-10-2012, 18:17

Thank for the recommendation will give Trio a go.
Old 15-10-2012, 19:03

Just back after a great 2 weeks including 2 visits to Trio - without doubt one of the best and consistently good restaurants and excellent value Full report to follow
Sparky and lollipop like this.
Old 22-10-2012, 22:48
Under Moderation

Default Trios

We also love Trios and make it our port of call at least twice during our visit
I can't think of another restaurant that offers such good value for money as well as being such a good whole round experience. I always find the staff helpful and friendly. Where else can you get such a good meal for 15.80 with wine?
whaleywanderer and Rosie34 like this.
Old 24-10-2012, 22:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy locket View Post
Where else can you get such a good meal for 15.80 with wine?
Tango, near as dammit
its cd and Belladonna like this.
Old 25-10-2012, 11:09

I think - many years ago when Tango was in PP not far from 'The Square' - that Tango, Trio and Tots were all 'related' restaurants and hence the pricing regime particularly for MDD. Am I correct, or was it a figmant of my imagination?
Old 25-10-2012, 11:42
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by pescador2009 View Post
I think - many years ago when Tango was in PP not far from 'The Square' - that Tango, Trio and Tots were all 'related' restaurants and hence the pricing regime particularly for MDD. Am I correct, or was it a figmant of my imagination?
Pretty sure you're right. Tango & Trio are still 'related'.