Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-05-2005, 19:55

Default Serenaded at La Fortalesa

If it wasn't for the website and forum I would never have known about La Fortalesa! I didn't even know the square was there in PP until last October!

Anyway we would have missed a treat! The restaurant was busy when we arrived after a drink at Bony's in the square and there were only three tables left.

Nibbling away at olives and bread while we studied the menu I decided to try the Frito Mallorquin while hubby opted for the prawns in light batter. For mains we chose rabbit and onions (hubby) and shoulder of lamb for me.

The staff were very friendly and the atmosphere was cosy and homely. Large windows look out onto the street where you can do lots of people watching.

Our starters were delicious - hubby was extremely impressed with his prawns and said the batter was very light, not heavy or fatty at all. My Frito Mallorquin was lovely and very filling with a hint of warmth thanks to the chillies.

The main course was equally impressive - hubby's rabbit was tender and served with a lovely sauce while my lamb fell off the bone and was crispy on the outside, yet moist.

The wine we chose tonight was Miquel Oliver's Mont Ferrutx which we found smooth, rounded and fruity.

For dessert (surprised I had room) we chose the almond cake which we both found a bit dry - the only disappointment of the evening.

All in all, a lovely restaurant with great friendly service and to cap it all, two young lads came in and asked if they could play their violin and accordion, so we had entertainment as well! They were Russian students and they played very well, especially the music from their homeland. A great end to a lovely relaxed evening.

Bill was 66 euros (not including tip) for pre-dinner drinks, wine and water.

Jane
Sponsored Links
Old 20-05-2005, 20:50
robjay

Oh Jane you have brought a tear to my eye .
As I read your account of your night in La fortalesa, I picture Caroline and myself sitting at our table. I always select something from the "traditional Mallorcian" part of the menu and the rabbit is one of my favorites Mmmmmmmmm yummy.
We have never visited PP without spending at least 2 nights in La Fortalesa.
Can I ask you a favor?. Can we keep La Fortalesa our wee secret, because as you know there's not that many tables and if we let the rest know we'll never get in! :rollin .
So glad you both enjoyed your meal and found the staff to be their usual friendly selves, we also love the ambiance of the place and can only wish we had been there to hear the two young guys play.
Now we will just have to wait until October :\
Thanks again Jane
Rob & Caroline x
Old 22-05-2005, 18:52
chelseadons

Default Los Zarzales after La Fortalezza

Jane

Now you have discovered La Fortalezza next time you must try Los Zarzales on the road one back and parallel with the beach road at the Tollo's end behind La Golleta.

Mallorcan owners who used to own mibar in the town centre. The food and service are fabulous and they have a lovely courtyard in which to eat.

Robjay

Too late !! Martin is now advertising on the website !! You'll just have to get their early or like us late !!

Chelseadons
Old 22-05-2005, 20:13

Default Re: Los Zarzales after La Fortalezza

Hello Chelseadons,

So many restaurants to try and so little time!! Aargh!! It's not fair!

Here in Northamptonshire it's a real desert for restaurants. We have the odd couple of good ones but that's it.

I really envy residents or those who visit frequently. It must be wonderful to have so much choice!

Jane
Old 23-05-2005, 01:20

We posted something about Los Zarzales some time ago. We used to go quite a bit. The house red is wonderful.
The only thing I found was that the portions are so big, that after a starter and some bread, you tend to struggle with the main course, although I finish it and the pudding only out of courtesy. It's been about three years since we last went. Hope it hasn't changed too much
Old 23-05-2005, 02:47
robjay

Oh bugger guess now we'll just have to join chelseadons at the tail end of the night lol.

yes Jane so many places so few nights :rolleyes .

What we need to find is a good place for a saturday night due to some being closed on the night we arrive, Any suggestions?
Rob & Caroline
Old 23-05-2005, 05:30

Hello Rob

You could try Bar Maxim or El Mojito, both of which are in the square in PP and are advertised as being open every day.

We nearly had a light meal at Bar Maxim after our mammoth lunch at El Posito but went instead to Eolo on the roundabout(and regretted it).

El Mojito was always very busy when we went past and the menu looked good.

Regards
Jane:b
Old 24-05-2005, 03:05
robjay

Well Jane
Your Too late we have been to El Mojito many a time we also enjoy the banter at Tango's across the lane, where I get to practice my spanecosse which I must admit improves with every jug of sangria :rollin and we still get to sample the music and watching to locals.
Rob & Caroline
Old 25-05-2005, 00:16
WFCB

I am arriving in PP on Sunday next Sunday, Tell where is La Fortalesa? It sounds nice.

Also what is the Tango like?

Old 25-05-2005, 00:25

Hello WFCB

If you click onto the restauratnt guide at the top of every page on this section of the forum, you can click onto La Fortalesa's advert and their map.

I think it's on Carrer Formentor - very easy to find.

As for Tango, I haven't eaten there but it seems to attract some good reviews.

For more info just browse through the section.

Jane
Old 25-05-2005, 01:05
Founder

I think Jane means the list of web pages on the left of this page (unless she sees things differently). Anyway, welcome to the forum. The actual web site pages can be accessed by selecting the pages listed on the left-hand column or just click on the sun-logo top left or just go to www.puertopollensa.com

For all the restaurants see www.puertopollensa.com/restaurants_bars_cafes.html
Old 25-05-2005, 03:51

Hello Pollensa,

I just click onto the "Featured Restaurants" message stuck at the top of this page and access the restaurant adverts that way. It is a bit long-winded I suppose!

Jane
Old 25-05-2005, 22:45
robjay

Oh dear I've just made a silly mistake .............. I've had a wee peek at la Fortalesa's website. Now I'll have to go count the weeks until we can grace their doors.
But until then we can choose what we'll have from the sample menu :rollin .
If your reading this and haven't been to La Fortalesa, Take our advice and go. As Pauline and Martin say "Donít leave Puerto without trying some of our food. Once you have tried us we guarantee that you will be back for more". They are right you do need to back again and again and again :rollin .
Just worked it out 20weeks to go. Oh well we'll be hungry by then lol.
Rob & Caroline
Old 19-07-2005, 19:32
robjay

Have you been to La fortalesa this Summer?, are you planning to go there when you visit?. We'd love to hear some up dated reviews/ news about one of our favorite places.
Take care.

Rob & caroline
Old 19-07-2005, 21:37

Hi Rob,

We're planning on visiting when we go in August (now just over 4 weeks away). Would be nice to introduce the children to Mallorcan cooking.

I will of course write a wee review on my return, by which time it will be nearly time for you to go!

Not long now,
Jane