Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 19:48

Default Fancy but filling

Coming over to PP next week to celebrate our wedding anniversary.
Have researched and read many posts on this forum but am still undecided on which restaurant to book for our anniversary date.
I am quite happy to pay the going rates at the high end restaurants as it is a special occasion,BUT not keen on small portions of beautifully presented food that means you leave hungry.
Hoping you kind folk on here could give me some options
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2013, 21:09

Hard too see past stay for such an occasion for the setting alone but just my opinion
Old 01-04-2013, 23:14

Thanks Gers

Guessed that Stay would be recommended.

May be a stupid question but is the Menu of the Day available in the evenings or is it a lunch time / early evening option only.
Old 01-04-2013, 23:18

Default Fancy but filling

Yes the set menu is available all day in Stay Restaurant so no problems there.

You might also like to consider their sister restaurant, Ca'n Cuarassa too for a posh evening out.
Belladonna and lollipop like this.

Last edited by Lorenzo; 01-04-2013 at 23:21.
Old 01-04-2013, 23:18
Super Moderator

The MDD is available in the evenings and is very good value but i am a bit concerned that if you have a big appetite it might not satisfy you, for me it is plenty but i don't eat big meals .
Old 02-04-2013, 07:30

Yes - Stay is a lovely setting but I had difficulty finding anything on the menu I fancied! I think I managed to find a chicken item which was delicious, but I have to admit I was a bit disappointed overall as we had booked it for our wedding anniversary. But as with all the restaurants - it's all down to personal preference and one man's meat etc.....
ragdollabbi likes this.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:52

I would go to Los Zarzales and sit in the courtyard very romantic at night you know you are going to get great service and superb food.
MairiCladach likes this.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowy2007 View Post
I would go to Los Zarzales and sit in the courtyard very romantic at night you know you are going to get great service and superb food.
And even better if you get a night when they have live entertainment, I can't recall what night(s) they have it, even though I've spent about 4 holidays overlooking their courtyard!
Old 02-04-2013, 09:25

I agree, Las Zarzales will be a good choice, much more intimate, if that's what you want, Stay could be rather busy for a quiet dinner for two, cant comment on the food as we have not eaten there, lack of veggie options, but the food, and portions at Las Zarzales are excellent!!

On island time!!
Old 02-04-2013, 10:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tauntony View Post
Hoping you kind folk on here could give me some options
Thanks
First of all, welcome to the forum

I would say to draw up a short list of restaurants based on opinions and reviews here and then when you arrive go for a walk and read the menus.

The mistake we made when 'newbies' was to book based on reviews then arrive for our night out and not fancy anything at all on the menu

Also remember that the best food and service are not always at the restaurants on the seafront with the best views.

Only a handful of restaurants get mentioned and reviewed here and everyone's opinion is different and some of the restaurants that get poor reviews occasionally are very good when we visit them

There is so much great food to explore that you could have every anniversary here.
pollensa, Sparky, lollipop and 1 others like this.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowy2007 View Post
I don't think they open the courtyard until late May or June, Corb Mari could be another option
Old 02-04-2013, 14:23
Super Moderator

I have not eaten in the Corb Mari because i was told that the portions are huge and i have not got a big appetite but many people i know say that the food is very good. If you do try it please post a review, it is another restaurant that we don't tend to hear about on the forum so the info will be very useful .
Old 02-04-2013, 19:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws97sdg View Post
I agree, Las Zarzales will be a good choice, much more intimate, if that's what you want, Stay could be rather busy for a quiet dinner for two, cant comment on the food as we have not eaten there, lack of veggie options, but the food, and portions at Las Zarzales are excellent!!
Are there still flamenco shows on at Las Zarzales and if so on which night. Did check their website but could see no info.
Old 02-04-2013, 20:04
Super Moderator

I think it's a bit early yet but watch this space for news .
Old 02-04-2013, 21:31

It just goes to show how different we all are, I too would suggest Stay as an option. Other than there Clivia (Pollensa town) or La Lonja (upstairs on terrace). I struggle to choose as there is so much I do like at Stay. We have only been once to Los Zarzales and I was very disappointed it was one of our more expensive meals and the service was terrible and to be honest the food not a lot better. We went on a flamenco night and despite reading lots of very good reviews would not go again.