Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2006, 01:56
Turbo

Default New Year in Puerto Pollenca

After my initial question on 06/10/2005 of which restaurants were open over the Christmas period? I needn't have worried,there were enough open for us to enjoy ourselves.

We arrived in Majorca on 27/12/2005, it was pouring with rain and freezing cold. The locals said the coldest day of the year. For evening dinner we went to Ca'n Cuarassa, had a first class meal and paid for our New Years Eve dinner.

Day 2 We spent in the south of the island having lunch of tapas at Puerta Portals. Evening Dinner my wife and I shared a chateaubriand at Tango, while our son and girlfriend watched his beloved Liverpool play Everton at Trotters.

Day 3 Weather was getting warmer, and I drove to Puerta Soller over the mountains, never again!!!! Again we lunched on tapas in a little cafe in the bay. For dinner we went to La Parra which is on Juan XX111 about 300 yards before the Capbrado supermarket. I haven't seen this one mentioned in the forum. The entrance is a huge wine barrel. It is typical Majorcan, Alex the waiter was very helpful. I can recommend this place.

Day 4 Went to Formentor as far as the lighthouse. Had lunch of tapas in a small cafe in the square of Pollenca Town. For the evening meal we went to O'Lume and I can second what everyone has said about the place in the forum. It was quite quiet only 4 couples in, all locals. The owner said he was full for New Years eve, which was a good sign. I can recommend the crayfish starter.

Day 5 Very light lunch at Neptuno II. New Years Eve we went Ca'n Cuarassa, a wonderful night , one we will not forget. Excellent food and a great atmosphere, although 90€ a head we thought it good value with the wine,cava,water and liqueurs included. The beef carpaccio melted in the mouth.

Day 6 just cornflakes today no lunch. Back to O'Lume in the evening. It was as good as Friday night. The owner is nice man he deserves to do well. Only 4 couples in tonight.

Day 7 Lunch at Maxims, the owner said he cancelled New Years eve through lack of interest, but once he had cancelled people wanted to book. Also went back to La Parra for a qiuet evening before our early start home.

Here is a list of restaurants we found closed over the holiday:
Las Zarzales
L'Aup
Ca'n Costa (Open New Years Eve only)
Ca'n Olesa
Il Giardiano
We are hoping to try some of these in May

We are all of the same opinion that it was a great holiday, not quite as warm as in the summer months, but very enjoyable.
We all said we would go back another year for Christmas or New Year.

Our favourite restaurant was Ca'n Cuarassa, with O'Lume a good second.

Happy New Year to you all.
Sponsored Links