Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Alcudia

Alcudia Any recommendations on places to go, where to eat in the old town, port or Bay of Alcudia

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2010, 10:56

Thumbs up Satyricon Restaurant Alcudia

We were SO lucky with choosing this restaurant on the day we did. We had become totally confused with which days the Easter activities were on in Pollensa and so the four of us decided to go to Alcudia and have our "special" meal in Satyricon.

As it turned out, they were having their parade around Alcudia on that day, and we were in the fantastic position of being able to just pop to the front door, take photos or video, then pop back to the table. Not at all rude, as the waiters and chef were doing the same thing, and of course the music had been turned off whilst the parade passed. It was definately something special.

The restaurant itself is the one with the roman torsos in the upstairs windows and is in what was the Old Theatre. A relatively small entrance, but it is fantastic inside.
Hight alfresco ceiling that everyone just keeps staring up at, then realises that the waiters are waiting patiently to put your food in front of you.

The main area takes up downstairs, with steps leading up to an outside eating area divided by glass doors. This was obviously closed at this time of year. The floor has mosaics over various areas, and the walls and doors are rustic Roman, broken plaster paintings and heavy wooden doors.
Stairs lead up to a mezanine dining area with some tables runnning around the outside of the atrium and a few near the front of the restaurant. I do not think these actually look out of the upstairs windows, although I can't be sure, but during the parade customers did get up from their tables to look out.

The food is exceptional. There is a 4 course tasting menu for 40 euros, which we would have had if we had felt a little bit more hungry!
I'm afraid I cannot remember what we all had, as there was a lot going on that evening, other than my starter which was fois gras wrapped in caramalised apple and tasted amazing. Everyone was completely bowled over by the food. The service is outstanding - even to the point of the having food delivered with the cloches then lifted off together.

Although it is a very high, spacious restaurant and the doors were open due to the parade, we were not cold as they had thoughtfully provided heaters at discreet intervals to the tables.

The chef did come out, but to be honest, as he could speak no English, all praise was really pointless, although I'm sure he understood what was said.
Hubby thought the food was superior to that at Reads Hotel, and that is praise indeed!

3 of us had three courses, 1 of us had 2 courses, including amuse bouches and 2 bottles of wine. The cost was 223 euros. Not cheap, but you wouldn't expect it to be to be fair. A stunning restaurant which stimulates all senses.

This will now be one of our few "best" restaurants to be visited and feel pampered.

View their own write up here;
www.simplesite.com/PieroRossi
Old 09-04-2010, 12:32

Bella,

Great review , often had coffee opposite this place in Alcudia but unfortunately never made the effort to drive there to eat.

Definitely will now.

BonysLad
Old 09-04-2010, 12:42

Me too ...it sound fab!

Lets make it a date in September
Old 09-04-2010, 13:16

Default Thanks

@ Bella

Thanks very much for the detailed info in this review and the other restaurant updates from your Easter visit.
Old 09-04-2010, 13:46

Great review Bella....sounds lovely!
Taking a great interest in all your reviews as we are out soon and as well as going to our favs and our "Local" restaurants ie Coral, Laroc and Little Italy we will be trying a few on your list and CD's.....thank you!
Old 10-04-2010, 22:07

Glad you enjoyed it Bella! I did write a review on this place last year but then it was reported that it had gone downhill. Pleased its back 'up to standard'. Will be visiting again this summer.
Old 14-07-2011, 11:51

Has anyone been to this place recently? We really enjoy it but wondered if it was still 'up to scratch'?
Old 14-07-2011, 12:27

Missed it on our last visit sadly. I cant see it going down hill though Cheryl, they still pride themselves on top class chefs and live opera on some nights (the chef is every night though!)
I think it is totally different from day to evening - as are a lot of restaurants - so you do need to decide what type of ambience you like. Their outside courtyard - at the back and up from the main restaurant - is lovely on warm nights.
Going to make sure we get there next time - thanks for reminding me Cheryl!