Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Alcudia

Alcudia Any recommendations on places to go, where to eat in the old town, port or Bay of Alcudia

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-03-2008, 10:43

Thumbs up Bodega d'es Port

We're currently out in PP on an Easter visit. Unfortunately weather is now pretty grotty & wet but have done plenty of eating out so will post shortly on our visits to PP eateries.

Meanwhile we had a good drive around yesterday & ended up as usual in the Port area of Alcudia & ate at our favourite Alcudia eaterie - Bodega d'es Port. Address is Teodora Canet 8 (Tel 971 549 633) although we have never booked. It's on the sea front road more or less opposite the commercial port where the Ferries dock.

Bodega d'es Port is a massive cellar-style place offering tapas, Mallorquin dishes and some very impressive looking grilled meats. Service is extremely fast & efficient. The place is decorated Spanish style with wine barrels, bull-fight posters (toilets are labeled toreros & toreras! Ladies you are toreras!). At the back is one of those massive blown up old photos of old Alcudia.

Normally we go for their great value 9 EUR menu del dia which they appear to do most days except Sundays (market day). They also weren't offering it this Sat but that may be because it was Easter weekend & the place was full of local families having long lunches.

We only wanted a light meal so we settled for 4 tapas between 3 - tumbet, whitebait, squid pica-pica & meatballs. Along with bread, olives & aioli, wine & coffee, I think we paid around 45 EUR.

I would definitely recommend coming here but if anyone can recommend other places in the Port and/or Alcodia old town - we would love to try them.
Sponsored Links
Old 24-03-2008, 13:10

Default Eateries in Port Alcudia

Hi Holidaymaker,

We live in Alcanada, which is not far from Port de Alcudia and so we are there very often. Some places for you to try:-

Meson Dulcina - our all time favourite. Best tapas around. Garlic prawns, small fish (their description), meatballs are wonderful. They specialize in steaks which are cooked on an open fire at the back. This is where the Spanish go for Sunday lunch. Closed on Mondays. Situated in the pedestian way opposite the main car park

Angels - Italian restuarant, nice food good atmosphere. Spagetti Vongle is delicious. Round the corner from Meson Dulcina

Sa Bota - They do anything from hamburgers onwards. Nice breakfasts. Whatever they do is good. Again another place frequented by Spanish. Closed on Saturdays. Opposite the tour boats on the front.

Italian Restuarant next to Sa Bota. Can't remember the name, but lovely pasta.

That's a few for you to try.

If you want somewhere a bit special then we would recommend C'an Currassa which is on the bay road between PP and Alcudia.

Good eating!
Old 27-03-2008, 21:41
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcanadakid View Post
Meson Dulcina - our all time favourite. Best tapas around. Garlic prawns, small fish (their description), meatballs are wonderful. They specialize in steaks which are cooked on an open fire at the back. This is where the Spanish go for Sunday lunch. Closed on Mondays. Situated in the pedestian way opposite the main car park
Just found this website www.mesondulcinea.com/ so am assuming this is the same place. Anyone else been?
Old 12-04-2008, 16:17

Hi Pollensa,

we have been to Meson Dulcina a few times and it is fantastic, if it was in PP instead of Alcudia we would visit a lot more but is certainly worth the trip.
Old 08-05-2008, 22:29

Default Bodega D'Es Port

Yes, Bodega D'Es Port gets our vote too. We had a meal there at the end of April and it was really good. We were greeted by friendly staff as soon as we walked in, shown to a great table and attended to by friendly staff. We had a good laugh & joke with them. The food was fantastic - my friend had Giant kebab which was literally chunks of tender beef and peppers on a huge skewer which came directly from the grill and was paraded all the way to our table and then served onto a plate. I had the baby lamb which was nice as well.
The walls are decorated with bull-fighting posters and also stuffed heads of bulls - wonder if they are real? Great atmosphere and great food with lots of locals enjoying their platefuls to. Even the wife of the owner came round to all of the tables to see if everyone was enjoying their meal. Not bad eh?
Will have to go back for the 9 euro menu on the next visit to see what that's like.

Last edited by Lorenzo; 13-05-2008 at 18:40. Reason: spelling!
Old 11-05-2008, 17:49

Thumbs up

You have be starving to eat here! The portions for the menu del dia are very generous. This place has such a good atmosphere for lunch, and when we last ate there, our bank manager actually got up from his table and came over to say hello! Now I dont even know my bank manager here in England, but Ill bet my bottom Euro that he wouldnt do that!
Old 26-05-2008, 14:24

Default Bodega d'es Port

We’d never been down to the port In Puerto Alcudia in our years of going to PP and the recent posts on the Bodega d’es Port made us feel a visit would be worthwhile.

It was, and we found it very easily, at the eastern end of the Marina, looking straight across the road after the boardwalk ends.

And incidentally if you then walk past it in the next few hundred yards there are a number of restaurants, from tiny places doing 8 Euro MDD’s to more attractive and larger places.

Right then, we arrived 1.30pm or so and it was as we’d expected from the descriptions given previously, lots of bullfighting memorabilia, but I didn’t see anything on El Cordobes, Manuel Benitez, the greatest of them all! Waiting staff in immaculate white shirts/blouses and long crisp white aprons, and plenty of them!

Went for the Menu del Dia ,9.50 Euros, choice of three starters, three mains, dessert of the day, house wine, water, brown and white breads, alioli, olives with chillies and garlic.

And if your waiter couldn’t help you with the translation, he soon got one who could!

For me,stuffed red peppers, with seafood, with the little mound of rice,(a timbale ) then two small fillets of Cabragho?, like red mullet, in tomato sauce on a bed of tagliatelle.
For ma’am, cream of vegetable soup, escalope of pork in egg and parsley coating with boiled potatoes.

The dessert was hot creamed rice pudding with cinnamon served in a little boat like dish.

The house white came nicely chilled and just try and top up your own glass!

Two café solos to finish, 25 euros including the tip.

Go back, most certainly!

Oh and if you needed to visit, make sure you choose correctly between Toreros and Toreras!

Have a look

http://bodegadesport.com/en/index.html

And for the ladies, a very new looking shop, "Ida", just a little past the Bodega, pictures, ornaments etc, run by a French couple. Yeah!
It cost me!

Last edited by Portofan; 26-05-2008 at 14:32. Reason: Minor corrections
Old 26-05-2008, 15:18
Super Moderator

Hi Porto, just looked at the website must say it is quite impressive. We will have to venture out to Alcudia in October and give it a try . The portions don't look too big which suits us fine.
Old 26-05-2008, 16:01

Hi Porto - thanks for that . Sounds lovely.

Lala
Old 27-05-2008, 00:08

Sounds like a must try
Old 11-08-2008, 16:30

This is a fabulous place. My mum had found the postings on it and we really wanted to try it - it really doesn't disappoint.
Three of our party had mussels in white wine (lovely - very rich), daughter had loin of pork (best meal of the holiday), I had chicken (delicious) and husband had the house kebab, which as discussed earlier is brought in upright throughout the restaurant - it was huge! He said that it was lovely.

We then sampled some of the home made desserts - Crepes Suzette, Crepes with Chocolate, Pudding, Cheese and Crema Catalana. Just a light lunch!!

The bullfighting memorablia was really interesting - lots of old photographs too.

The staff were great, really attentive without being 'in your face'. Just being very quietly efficient.

We decided that this was one of our meals of the holiday and one that we will definitley be going to again next year.
Old 07-10-2008, 15:57

Smile Bodega D'Es Port

I've got to pass on some more good comments about Bodega D'Es Port. I've been lucky enough to go there twice in the past month or so and had fabulous meals both times.
The service is great and the whole place has a real buzz about it! The staff are friendly and attentive but not 'in your face' and the food is wonderful. The owner must have the best meat supplier in the area - as well as great chefs in the kitchen! Roll on the next visit there!
Old 20-10-2008, 21:10

Great timing . we have a table for about 20 booked there on Wed night so glad its still good. We have been many a time and its always been great atmosphere and food.
Old 24-10-2008, 14:36

Cracking restaurant, looked after us well a couple of weeks ago...I don't think I've seen steaks that size anywhere in Europe!
Old 09-11-2008, 15:59

After our lunch here in May we just had to go back again, while staying in PP last week in October.

Choice of a thick potage type soup , which Sherryfan had while I had courgette stuffed with blitzed seafood.

Mains were hake in a green sauce, peas parsley whatever, and rice. we both had this in preference to a goulash which the waiter conveyed to us rightly or otherwise was of tongue!

Dessert is Hobsons choice which was a simple mousse,

Bread olives including garlic, a good alioli, and we choose the red wine which came in a pichet. Reminded of long lunches in rural France!

Service excellent, atmosphere likewise, thoroughly recommend!

19 Euros the two, do try it!

I see from their website closed Nov and Dec though!

Lots of little places just along the road past it going east for inexpensive MDD's too.

Oh and the IDA boutique just along the road still going strong. Her hubby has opened a nice little deli next door!

Last edited by Portofan; 09-11-2008 at 16:01.