Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Alcudia

Alcudia Any recommendations on places to go, where to eat in the old town, port or Bay of Alcudia

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2008, 11:55

Default C'an Costa Alcudia

Hi
Yes there is another C'an Costa & very well worth a visit, just off the town square & a lovely tradional Mallorquine restaurant full of antique furniture & artifacts in what I understand was originally the priest's house.
The food is tradional (tumbet, lomo con col etc), with house specials and well cooked fish dishes (my son in law especially liked the cod cooked in honey), served by an expert team who have been there for many years.
There is a leafy internal courtyard - which can be quite warm in high summer, but the restaurant interior is air conditioned.
Prices for food and wine are very reasonable, particularly considering the quality offered, the service & the tasteful surroundings. I think our party of 5 adults & child paid around 180 for a mixture of 2 or 3 courses, wine, water coffee & liqueurs.
The restaurant has been owned by the same family for over 20 years & they also have a more 'low key' tapas bar just across the street from the main restaurant. The proprietor speaks excellent colloquial English and like all Mallorquines will offer interesting opinions with a Balearic twist. Nice guy.
I can't think of the name of the street - best directions are - walking up the little cobbled street from the old archway, just before you come to the main sq - turn left at the Tabac and C'an Costa is about 100metres down on the right.
I think we all have an interest in ensuring these local & hospitable restaurants continue to exist & quietly they do. But do keep this a secret!
Bon appetit!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2008, 17:59

Thanks for the info.
Never noticed it before because we always go in a different direction but will certainly have a look next visit.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:36

This is our friends' (who live year round in PP) favourite restaurant!