Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Alcudia

Alcudia Any recommendations on places to go, where to eat in the old town, port or Bay of Alcudia

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-06-2006, 23:19
Debilicious

Default Tivoli (opposite bellevue complex...not hoteur)

Hi ,

as stated in a earlier meal, we had a lovely evening in Alcudia, in a restaurant (TIVOLI) i remembered from our childhood Acudia days, and i remebered it, as they had the nicest baked potatoes ive ever tasted, with fab Iolli, so was racking brains for the name, but remembered, it was directly outside the Bellevue complex, with a lovely terrace, and very friendly, somewhat comical waiters, so headed up there, still the same owners, over 20 years they have owned, and was told, its a bit extra special, as its the last restaurant, from the centre, have to make it special to get people to walk up.

beleive me guys, it really is lovely, and the heaters were a godsend, as we had been there all day, weather had changed against us. also there was a lady and guy singing "chilled" music, but just died when i heard her start to sing Sade's Jezibel, as is a fave of mine, basically topped off the meal, oh no, that was the huge ice cream i had...WOW...was heaven in a glass.

he got t bone, me sirloin, as wasnt as big,now beleive me when i say, i have never seen a peice of meat, this big , or delicious.... my fella, even ended up, knorring on the bone...lol...the shame...as was just as tasty as the meat, cant rave enough about the quality here, was lovely, aswell, as probably the best sangria, on the island, and i should know, as had a jug in every corner of island almost, this was very pleasant, with tons of fruit, especially big massive strawberries, OMG...i am positively drooling here...all dressed up, like a cocktail, (not me.... the jug)

the service was great also, as well as very reasonably priced, all in all, a lovely restarant, for a lovely evening...give it a go,
Sponsored Links
Old 13-06-2006, 23:20
Founder

Thanks for that review - it sounds great. Can you explain what you mean by 'not hotetur'? i'm trying to head my head round the hotels in Alcudia.
Old 13-06-2006, 23:32
Debilicious

Hi,

I seen a few hotels, with the word hoteur, next to the hotel name, on the top of building ( i think is spelling,) and also wondered what that meant, and there is one of these called the Bellevue hoteur (highrise hotel), opposite the canal/bridge, so didnt want to confuse the directions.

hope that helps

deb
Old 13-06-2006, 23:44
Founder

That's Ok but I think you may find that they own the whole thing - see www.hotetur.com/Cultures/en/Products/Hoteles/BLBELLEVUE/Hotel.htm they say it has 17 buildings!
Old 13-06-2006, 23:53
Debilicious

thats the complex i think, as they have tons of apartments on the complex, maybe its a kinda franchise, does seem odd, they are called the same, but im not sure to be honest
Old 14-06-2006, 19:22
Debilicious

Default Re: Tivoli

also forgot to say, you choose the cut of meat you want, which is in a chilled cabinet,they then take it to the barby, we liked the idea of that.

Also what i noticed which i found really bizarre, was the menu's around Alcudia, displayed the final cooked meal, on pic boards etc,salad, veg, chips, potatoes...cooked etc, then the meat RAW, fresh from the butchers, with the sauce poured half over the raw meat, does anyone have any ideas, why they would display it like that.....obviously it doesnt arrive like that, but never seen food displayed that way that before???
Old 27-07-2006, 05:50

After a great day on Alcudia beach ....... not quite Muro but about 20 mins walk from the little wooden bridge in the Muro direction, I remembered this post and so we headed off looking for the "Tivoli"

We found it quite easily .... I just remembered it was near the Belleview and of course you can't miss that !

It is an outdoor terrace, not an upmarket restaurant but also more than a cafe ....... pretty informal dress and easy almosphere

There was live misic ....... it was of a similar standard to the type of music you get in Tango ......... not great but not offensive ... just there.

Food - main courses excellent ...... we all had steaks or kebabs , starters not great, no one any room or patience to wait for dessert / coffee etc

Very friendly greater and seater who made us wlecome once she realised we wanted to come in but crucially ( and this is one of my real pet hates ...... she didn't pester us to come in as did the other 3 places we had to pass on the way from where we parked the car ..... I really really hate that and can't imagine it would do anything other than put anone off ever going into a place )

BUT,

Service very slow ( we wated more than an hour from being seated to getting or starters .... which were only soup or shop bought garlic bread, and then didn't get our main course for another hour and some poor girls on the table next to us waited even longer. Also the waiters were quite offhand and they seem to have a strange sort of task demarcation , so when you stop a waiter and ask for a drink or the bill, they just say ,.... not my job .... you will need to ask him and point over to someone else ........... it's a shame because this type of attitude spoiled the night for us .

Personally, I won't go back but on a less busy night I can see why people would recommend it ......... so if anyone can recommend anywhere else in Alcudia where we can go after a day on the beach ........ obviously not in bachwear but not "dressed for dinner " either then please post
Old 11-08-2006, 19:36
Debilicious

Hi CD

sorry you had a different experience, maybe the time of year had something to do with it, although we found the service excellent, the waiter were even laughing and cracking jokes with us, but as was end of may, suppose they had time to....

fully agree about the others on way up to Tivoli, almost dragging you in, was a pain in the backside....boyfriend was gobsmaked at the intensity....bordering on desperate...

shame we never tried tango in P.P..... always looked too busy....maybe next time !!!

bye

Deb