Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Alcudia (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/alcudia/)
-   -   La Terraza Restaurant - Alcanada, Alcudia (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/alcudia/12134-la-terraza-restaurant-alcanada-alcudia.html)

lovemallorca 27-05-2015 21:59

La Terraza Restaurant - Alcanada, Alcudia

I wondered if anyone had been to this restaurant near Alcudia Port?

It looks like it has a great location overlooking the sea, but doesn't seem to get mentioned anywhere.

Any feedback would be welcome!

debz1 27-05-2015 23:26

Yes a really lovely restaurant. Can be very expensive if you go a la carte but a very good set menu, similar price to Stay/ Can Caurassa. Make sure you go on a warm/ calm day as if it's windy or cool the plastic covers come down and this does spoil the ambience somewhat, and definitely the view.

alcanadakid 28-05-2015 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovemallorca (Post 103706)
I wondered if anyone had been to this restaurant near Alcudia Port?

It looks like it has a great location overlooking the sea, but doesn't seem to get mentioned anywhere.

Any feedback would be welcome!

This is 5 minute walk from us in Alcanada, but we never go there now. It is a beautiful location but it is overpriced and overrated. Service can also be slow and poor.

Maybe it has changed?

debz1 28-05-2015 10:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by alcanadakid (Post 103716)
This is 5 minute walk from us in Alcanada, but we never go there now. It is a beautiful location but it is overpriced and overrated. Service can also be slow and poor.

Maybe it has changed?

We haven't been for a couple of years so that's sad to hear. One of the waiters who used to work there was charming and always very attentive ( he wore large black framed glasses and was a real character) Do you know if they still have the set menu as it was always varied and excellent value?

lovemallorca 28-05-2015 12:39

Your comments reflect Tripadvisor - Some good, some bad.

I'm looking for something a bit like the Mirador La Victoria Restaurant, near Mal Pas.

Any suggestions welcome!

Belladonna 28-05-2015 18:57

Have to say that even though we still go for lunch at La Terraza, even that has slipped a bit, although you can never spoil the view of course! A bit difficult to match your criteria re the two you have mentioned re the view of the water, but what about Hotel Llenaire? Or Al Canada Golf club, good views from there too.

lovemallorca 29-05-2015 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belladonna (Post 103742)
Have to say that even though we still go for lunch at La Terraza, even that has slipped a bit, although you can never spoil the view of course! A bit difficult to match your criteria re the two you have mentioned re the view of the water, but what about Hotel Llenaire? Or Al Canada Golf club, good views from there too.

Thanks so much Belladonna. We may give it a try one lunchtime, see how it goes.

La Teraza looks like a great (if somewhat hidden) property, so it is disappointing to hear the reviews are a little indifferent.

Our villa is on the same lane as Hotel Llenaire and we like it there a great deal, certainly for lunch.

Thanks also for the Alcanada Golf suggestion.

Gommar Goffer 30-05-2015 12:02

Just had a quick google as I couldn't picture it. Now I remember...it's a lot smarter than it used to be in the 70's:D